A thought on the Crossroads card

ana luisa

Just sharing something that dawned on me just now. The crossroads for its very dubious image on which road to take reminded me a lot of nerve synapses and immediately made me think of Alzheimer. I am well aware it's NOT the original meaning but wanted you guys to think about it too.

OaksWhispering

Haunting.
You certainly have me thinking...

lennylove

Crossroads can bring great confusion if the Clouds are near it which I've read is an Alzheimer's symptom. Along my journey through Lenormand I've read Lilies can mean old age illnesses as a standalone interpretation however Lenormand is read in pairs. I'm not too sure how Lilies by itself can point to disease so your view of Crossroads if paired with another card sounds spot on.

Village Witch

I used to call the Crossroads card the Crossroads, and hence would tend to see it in a negative light. These days I call it Roads or Paths and tend to read the card more positively. Crossroads speaks to me of a heavy burden of perplexing choice, while Roads/Paths speak to me of many wonderful choices/opportunities. Of course, it depends on other surrounding cards. :)

I wouldn't think of Alzheimer's in reference to the Crossroads card, unless as was said, it was followed by the Clouds card.