Is anyone here just a little bit scared of playing cards?

Lee

There's some more discussion about the Russell book in this thread.

-- Lee

Little Baron

Cheers Lee. Am at work at the moment, but will keep the thread open for little peaks when nobody is looking ;)

LB

catlin

Wow, thanks a lot for having started this thread, it brings me closer to readings with playing cards.

Phoenix Rising

Hey LB

Now how did I miss this thread? Anything going on PC's I'm in it. Yes LB, playing cards are straight up the guts. Last Saturday I did my daily draw:
Q:spade: 4:spade:(illness) A:heart:(home or heart) Our Maori Queen suffered a heart attack..then the following Tuesday, I drew these cards in the morning:
Q:spade: A:spade: 5:diamond:(News)
We had a "News" flash that Our Maori Queen died that afternoon.
Since learning another method, which I'm currently using at the moment, Personal Prophecy by Deborah Leigh Psychic love doctor And doing daily readings in the morning, then going back to the cards in the evening to relate the day to it, theyhave been spot on.
I have also had correspondence with Deborah...she is a lovely lady, who answers all questions, and really enjoys getting emails from people...she also would love to do a "Live seminar" free of charge..via chat online...if anyone knows of way that we could set it up.

Anyway getting back to PC's...they can be accurate to the point of scariness, but what we see ahead we can change...If we saw that someone who was going on a boat trip and the cards revealed "caution or danger" then I think to postpone the boat trip would be using the information for our advantage..then it doesn't have to be scary. I have found that the cards are "always right" but it's the interpretation that can be a bit off..but using it long enough..we eventually become master of it.

The PC's are very flexible and there are a few different methods out there, with different meanings too..but whatever method one is comfortable with, it will work for them....the PC's seem to respond to what meanings we have given to them....you can't do that with tarot..because tarot has a fixed basic structure to it's meanings...even with the hundreds of different decks...PC's never change.

But LB...get the exchange group going again.

Joermit

I somehow missed this post as well...lol... I was in lurking mode at that time I bet... I don't find working with playing cards scarey at all... I have a very personal connection with them, sometimes moreso than tarot, and they speak to me very clearly... many say that playing cards don't pull any punches... well.. I just find them very, very to the point... and the lack of any images on them seem to really spike my intuition, again, moreso than tarot... I strongly advocate creating a personal connection with your cards and finding a system that you're comfortable with... I've pretty much made up my own, somewhat based in tarot, with sorta themes for each card... and combinations are very important... it works... very well too.. and I'm constantly learning more and adding depth to my meanings... I don't exactly live my life by my cards, but I do look to them for guidance when I feel then need... and I just play with them often... I know I'm just babbling here... but I never thought I'd have such a connection after reading the tarot for the last couple of years... I rarely read tarot anymore... only occasionally... it's interesting... I do work with some oracles as well.. but again, not as much as my playing cards... that's it I guess.... interestiing thread here...

Joey

Emily

I'm another who missed this thread first time round lol.

I used playing cards for a number of years before I bought my first tarot deck. Infact I bought the 1JJ Swiss because I thought it would be easy to move onto from the playing cards but it wasn't.

Reading through various websites I read my playing cards in a basic way. I started off with meanings took from various places, books, magazines and started a notebook off (now long lost :( ) of my own interpretations made up of what I had learned.

I haven't used playing cards in years but reading LB's link had made me want to reach for a deck again. There was one drawback I remember - My family play alot of card games and so did I growing up but I used to take note of the cards that I'd been given in a hand and practise my reading skills - it used to drive my family crazy lol