Ellis decK - 3rd Edition

Tippyjane

I am so excited to get this deck! But I am torn whether to order the plastic or card stock. I am having trouble imagining what a plastic deck would feel like. Le Fanu mentioned the Wild Unknown card stock and I love that-so do we think this will be similar in feel? I want to order both types, I love this deck so much...help!

You all enabled me to pre-order the plastic deck. You had me at "like buttah".

agviz

Just got an email from Taylor today that the decks have arrived and will be mailed tomorrow! I'm excited!

Tippyjane

Yay!

Doing a happy dance because my Ellis decK arrived today! Whohoo!

rwcarter

My deck also arrived today. But I've already shared my thoughts on the luxury edition. :)

I do love the box though. I think it gives more of a sense of the deck as it contains 7 images from the deck.

Tippyjane

I was a little nervous about a plastic deck, but the cards do indeed feel like "buttah." While I know the cards from the Fool's Dog app, and have coveted them for so long, they are even more amazing when held. I'm in love :)

Pam O

I was a little nervous about a plastic deck, but the cards do indeed feel like "buttah." While I know the cards from the Fool's Dog app, and have coveted them for so long, they are even more amazing when held. I'm in love :)

:heart: It is true love! :heart:
These plastic cards shuffle even more incredibly than imagined. None of my paper cards shuffle like this. It is indescribable...

Very fun! Virtually indestructible, waterproof, rainproof, coffee proof... :joke:

So exciting! Great job Taylor. Your newest Ellis DecK in plastic is amazing! :thumbsup:

agviz

Mine arrived yesterday and while I haven't had the chance to dig in much (holiday hustle), I love the artwork and the plastic is interesting and rather unique for tarot card stock. I agree with you Pam that they shuffle very nicely. Neat that they're waterproof. The devil in me makes me want to dip the Hanged Man in a glass of water. })

gregory

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them, although it may not be until the weekend (busy Thur and Fri nights).
How much do I want it, given that I do have the first edition ? Are the actual IMAGES changed ?

rwcarter

How much do I want it, given that I do have the first edition ? Are the actual IMAGES changed ?
The backs are different and the cards are slightly larger. The images themselves haven't changed, but the coloring within images is sharper/more saturated/etc.