Prisma Visions

DarkYarns

I don't have the first deck, but I think you are right - this is a colored version of the Light Visions - but WHOA, the colors! Also, great for those who missed the Light Visions.

thirdlibra

That's it :) Maybe thirdlibra could edit the link into their original post for future reference.
I'm on a mobile app, tis all finicky =(

daphne

What?!! It is just opened today and all early-bird decks are already gone?!! Now it is too expensive.

Farzon

I got the Light Visions and I'll get this one, too!
The color even adds to the magic!
[emoji1] And I thought the Trionfi della Luna would be my last deck for this year...

thirdlibra

What?!! It is just opened today and all early-bird decks are already gone?!! Now it is too expensive.
Yeaaaah, they sold out in under 5 minutes. I got in in under 3 and missed the first price point cause of a credit card issue.

It's only a $7 difference, is it not?

daphne

Yeaaaah, they sold out in under 5 minutes. I got in in under 3 and missed the first price point cause of a credit card issue.

It's only a $7 difference, is it not?

It is only 7, but it matters. Especially on a Kickstarter project, where I pay upfront but now it is available only at a regular price.

Anyway, how did you guys know about the launching of the campaign to be so prompt at the moment was started?
And I wonder what is the big deal about this deck? I saw there were another 10 non-colored versions of it left-overs which are all gone with the 350 $ rewards. Why is it such a demand for deck, colored or not? Here, on AT is hardly spoken of, but still the success is like for a babastudiodeck. Is there another tarot community where the big hype goes about it? Or is it connected with some product, music or such, like it was for the Wild Unknown deck?

thirdlibra

It is only 7, but it matters. Especially on a Kickstarter project, where I pay upfront but now it is available only at a regular price.

Anyway, how did you guys know about the launching of the campaign to be so prompt at the moment was started?
And I wonder what is the big deal about this deck? I saw there were another 10 non-colored versions of it left-overs which are all gone with the 350 $ rewards. Why is it such a demand for deck, colored or not? Here, on AT is hardly spoken of, but still the success is like for a babastudiodeck. Is there another tarot community where the big hype goes about it? Or is it connected with some product, music or such, like it was for the Wild Unknown deck?

It's huge on tumblr. I'm was on the mailing list.

Walrus

Haha, same here. I discovered I needed to update some credit card details, and in the minute it took to do that, the $37 tier had already sold out! Fortunately $6 or so more for a higher pledge was not a deal breaker for me.
Man, James R. Eads must be feeling pretty chuffed right now :)

Aeric

This deck is definitely one that I would add to the list of decks best for storytelling. The Minors really being four panoramic paintings divided up makes for an excellent base for constructing a narrative. Naming them stories Magic, Ballad, Song, and Story helps incredibly.

Prism also has some advantages over Light Vision with the addition of colour. Looking at "Magic of Wands," what I took for Van Gogh-style stars in the Light's Six and Seven is actually the sun rising or setting. The most vibrant heat and light is in these two cards, and lesser edges in the Eight. The boat is sailing into the sunrise, and the pole leaper takes his challenge on with more confidence because of the greater visibility.