Tarot Mucha

Essjay

But I made a mental note that the artist of the Art Nouveau Tarot and the Sorcerer's Tarot is different to the artist of this one. I know exactly what Essjay means about too much Mucha. That too is my fear. I fear being overwhelmed with sameness, though I'm being very optimistic as I love the artwork and style. I wonder how many supine nymphs it is possible to interpret? Is there a limit?

I'd love to see more cards. I shall doubtlessly buy it asap. I was half tempted to go over to my local esoteric shop today in the hope that it might be in stock but went to the flea market instead.

Are they open tomorrow, lol :D

Cocobird55

This one is now on my wishlist.

Lunaea

Wow! :thumbsup:
So, are there some darker images as well? It´s not all just sunshine and beauty, I hope? Any pictures? Please, please..

Yes, there are definitely darker images. It's very RWS-based, reinterpreted with the Mucha touch. I'm sure pictures will be showing up here and there soon! Barbara Moore shared a couple on her Facebook page.

Le Fanu

Are they open tomorrow, lol :D

After checking - I see that here on amazon it is saying it will be delivered within 1-3 weeks, so it isn't in stock. Also, over at the Book Depository, they list two release dates; November and January. So we'll have to wait. Alida is good for knowing what will be iminently available *off to check*

Nope, not there either.

Rhapsodin

Mine's been on order since the "due for release on..." date disappeared; i.e when it would seem to be in stock - that was a fortnight ago tomorrow, and it still says "not yet dispatched".

Alea

i've already had This and the Romantic tarot on my wishlist for months now.
Check the publisher's site, it says it will be released around january of next year, however, as with the Ghost tarot, i am guessing some sites may release some earlier decks soon, maybe nov-dec. :)

Hemera

Well, I caved in and ordered :cool2: Amazon.co.uk now says the deck will be posted on the 12th of November. We´ll see if that date holds. I certainly hope so.

Queen of Disks

If it's readable (unlike Tarot Art Nouveau) I will be very happy. :cool2:

Freder

Amazon in the US gives a November 30 release date. It is not out yet.

To my eyes, this has a much more authentic look about it than did the "Art Nouveau" tarot, which was too modern for my taste: more comic book than Art Nouveau. I like what I've seen very much -- although to call it Mucha Tarot when there's no actual Mucha art on it seems disingenuous to say the least. Beautiful, though, and I do think the world needs a genuine Art Nouveau Tarot... hope that this will be it....

Padma

I've ordered mine - there is Mucha all over my soul as well as my house! Amazon in the States says as Freder stated...Nov release. I don't care when it comes - must have!

I have to agree with the caveats posted by others - I did get a Lennie deck that was Art Nouveau, and very Mucha oriented - but alas - the nymphs take the stage, leaving one searching for the actual symbol in the card - hidden in the rich tapestry of the art. Mind you, in a tarot deck, that might actually be intriguing!