steampunk(moore),illuminati, or llewellyn classic?

Pam O

So.. i didn't realize that some of my cards are reversed.. and i just shuffle and spread the cards.. only then i realized that some cards are still reversed.. i seldom use reversals tho.. so i just picked it.. ignoring the fact that some of it are already reversed before i start shuffling..

is that okay? Or should i re do it?

Oh and btw.. here's the result of the reading..
Druidcraft.. queen of swords
Steampunk.. two of swords reversed..
Illuminati.. nine of pentacles..
Llewellyn classic.. eight of cups reversed..

So.. what do u guys think my hanson roberts was trying to say to me?
None of us can post any interpretations until you give your attempt at trying to read your cards first.
Forum rules. (ETA: Tehnically Ana luisa's interpretation should be removed until you try first... :) )

Yes, your cards are fine. Don't worry.
Tarot cards are easier to read if you stop worrying, ok! :) Just go with what you feel the message is.

You can choose to read Rx cards, or flip them so you can see them easily. Do remember, when all cards are upright, the Rx meaning is always there as one of the facets, or angles, of any card. Also, remember that no cards are inherently "bad". They all have positive AND negative sides, no matter which side is "up".

So just go for it. Anything you come up with is fine. You can go for book meanings, intuitive meanings, whatever. You just have to take a stab at it first. So give it a stab. Heck, you even have swords included. (I know, what a dorky pun! :bugeyed:)

ana luisa

Sorry, PamO! I completely forgot about this. Since it's not a Your Readings section, I completely whited out this rule. I will delete it myself. Thanks for the reminder !

Pam O

Sorry, PamO! I completely forgot about this. Since it's not a Your Readings section, I completely whited out this rule. I will delete it myself. Thanks for the reminder !

Right on! This way we won't sway William's interpretation to see what ideas HE comes up with Possible answers to his question. This should be interesting to see how this influences his questions on these decks. I am so curious to see how this thread continues developing to help find his answer(s).

We do have ideas now that we see your cards you pulled! :)
And we are excited to share!

OK, William, we are waiting on you to go first.

Lord Adonia

Why not just stick to the Rider-Waite deck? This deck is the pivot and focus point of all modern day tarots and tarot reading. The Rider Waite had hidden occult symbolism such as the Hebrew Shin letter in the Fool card. These four decks are re-illustrations of the Rider Waite deck and are not genuinely occult tarot. The illustrations may look better due to technology but are they good for reading? Of course it is the talent of the reader to use them effectively. I find myself using only 3 or 4 different decks that are reliable and new ones usually do work not for me.

However if you are a Tarot collector you try to collect everything like me, you would want all three of them. The Steampunk Tarot has a dark fantasy atmosphere. The Druidcraft has my favorite Illustrations and coloring, this is a Pagan deck. The Llewellyn Classic is more of a copy of the Rider Waite, I worry about the edges of the Tarot Illuminati since they are gold. On originality and art I would pick the Steampunk Tarot. For Tarot reading based on the Rider Waite method I would pick the The Llewellyn Classic(1rst), Tarot Illuminata (2nd) and Druidcraft(3rd).

Pam O

Why not just stick to the Rider-Waite deck?

Do you know about the Universal Waite? It is the RWS colored by Mary Hanson-Roberts, the same artist as the Hanson Roberts Tarot you have now.
It is available in regular size.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-waite/

Or, here the link to the pocket sized which my favorite of the mass market RWS decks. I use this pocket size way more, so I traded away the regular sized...
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wai...TF8&qid=1417914912&sr=1-1&keywords=1572814748

ISBN-10: 1572814748
ISBN-13: 978-1572814745

ETA: The box on the pocket sized Universal Waite is awesome, heavy duty, and WAY better than the typical standard sized box. It is one of the few boxes I leave my cards in because it so great!

William Chandra

yo.. thx for waiting..

So since u guys are pretty impatient..
I'll post my interpretations..
To keep it short..
Druidcraft got the QoS.. imo.. i think it's like a rose.. it's really beautiful.. but one wrong move and u'll get hurt by the thorns.. so i might be drawn to this bcoz of the appearance.. but i might need some time to know it better.. maybe i can't connect with it easily.. but with persistence i will connect with this beautiful deck..

Steampunk.. two of swords reversed.. my beloved HR might be trying to tell me.. that i don't need to contemplate and just buy it.. don't waver..

Tarot illuminati got nine of pentacles.. i guess to keep it short.. my journey ahead with this deck will be blissful..

And the last but not the least.. llewellyn classic got the eight of cups reversed.. imo.. this will be my go to deck.. no matter what happens i would always go back to it.. i'd find it difficult to move on from it..

Dat's my opinion.. plz guide me guys.. i'm still new to tarot.. hehehe.. thx..

Lord Adonia

Do you know about the Universal Waite? It is the RWS colored by Mary Hanson-Roberts, the same artist as the Hanson Roberts Tarot you have now.
It is available in regular size.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-waite/

Or, here the link to the pocket sized which my favorite of the mass market RWS decks. I use this pocket size way more, so I traded away the regular sized...
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wai...TF8&qid=1417914912&sr=1-1&keywords=1572814748

ISBN-10: 1572814748
ISBN-13: 978-1572814745

ETA: The box on the pocket sized Universal Waite is awesome, heavy duty, and WAY better than the typical standard sized box. It is one of the few boxes I leave my cards in because it so great!
I agree about the pocket size box on the Universal Waite is great.I would add that if not for the Rider Waite this forum or the way the Tarot has evolved would not exist the way it does. I understand people may feel the Rider Waite is generic and want to find an alternative, but in the end for me Rider Waite is the best. People tend to create their artistic version of the Rider Waite Tarot and the original meaning gets lost or distorted. I collect many versions of the Tarot but most of them remain in the box, since I read accurately with a few and do not want to risk being wrong with a new deck.

Amanda

Queen of Swords says you might not like the price for the deck/style, and you may need to reference your books a little more with this one.

2 of Swords RX says you may just give up all together on this one, and you may find it impossible to read for others with it.

9 of Pentacles suggests a personal treasure; not something you'd use a lot but it's nice to look at and you may take it out to use for yourself from time to time.

8 of Cups RX says look no further, this is the one for you.

I would definitely suggest the Llewellyn and either the DruidCraft or the Illuminati as your second choice. The Llewellyn will be good for reading for yourself and others. The DruidCraft would probably still be good to use for yourself or others, but you may need to reference the book more often to figure things out, while the Illuminati may not be best used for others, but something nice for you to use for yourself and look at. The Steampunk may look interesting but I don't think you'll be able to get much understanding from it for either yourself or when using it for others... too complicated.

So, I recommend you get the Llewellyn as your first choice and basic essential, scratch the Steampunk off your list. Down to your second pick: Do you want a practical working deck for yourself and others even though you may not like the price for the style (DruidCraft), or do you want something nice to look at and study to read for yourself with that may cost a little more (Illuminati)?

3ill.yazi

The Llewelyn is a nice deck. I can't stand the universal waite. The box may be sturdy, but the cards are the flimsiest I've ever seen. And the images seem a tentative hedging and limiting edit of the classic RWS.

Pam O

I'll post my interpretations..

Druidcraft got the QoS.. imo.. i think it's like a rose.. it's really beautiful.. but one wrong move and u'll get hurt by the thorns.. so i might be drawn to this bcoz of the appearance.. but i might need some time to know it better.. maybe i can't connect with it easily.. but with persistence i will connect with this beautiful deck..

Steampunk.. two of swords reversed.. my beloved HR might be trying to tell me.. that i don't need to contemplate and just buy it.. don't waver..

Tarot illuminati got nine of pentacles.. i guess to keep it short.. my journey ahead with this deck will be blissful..

And the last but not the least.. llewellyn classic got the eight of cups reversed.. imo.. this will be my go to deck.. no matter what happens i would always go back to it.. i'd find it difficult to move on from it..

That's my opinion.. plz guide me guys.. i'm still new to tarot.. hehehe.. thx..
Great job and VERY interesting! Aren't you proud that you came up with info to guide yourself! Are you feeling a bit more confident by following thru with writing up your readings?! :thumbsup:

Ana luisa has a great post for you too with good info to ponder too. Maybe she is lurking around so she can re-post?

Now, I am going to read these cards in ways to give you a bit of a different spin on things to help you see how one card can have a lot of different messages!

Remember, YOUR intuitions are the most important! You go with what you feel, deep in your core. You follow your intuition. If something someone says "feels" right, and resonates, great, then use it. It in your decision. If it does not resonate this time, throw it away for now. Don't force any meanings that don't "feel" right. Maybe next time you see one of these cards, a meaning that may not resonate now, may make perfect sense in the future...
Does that make sense?

Druidcraft.. queen of swords - She is sharp indeed, and filled with wisdom. And since she is a queen, her maternal side has potential to be nurturing as she shares her brilliance.

Steampunk.. two of swords reversed.. - She does not seem to get stuck. Instead, she listens to the wisdom of her emotions, and her intuitions. It feels like she has clarity how to explain her wisdom. She gives viable options of what the cards might signify in the different readings. She does not get stuck in a rut like some other decks can.

Illuminati.. nine of pentacles.. - She feels like she is more of a loner with all her abundance. She has all those things in her pictures that can be easy on the eyes, but does she take action and explain, or does she keep it to herself? She may be one that you want, but the question is.... Now or later? Depends on budget...

Llewellyn classic.. eight of cups reversed.. - This deck is not walking away, but she is VERY structured and set in her ways! (8 is double the stability of the 4s). She could have a tendency to fall into ruts because she already put it all out there, not leaving secrets for you to find like you would in a more traditional RWS clone type deck. The best reading decks are ones that flow, not ones that might get stuck with the same thing over and over.

I agree about the pocket size box on the Universal Waite is great. I would add that if not for the Rider Waite this forum or the way the Tarot has evolved would not exist the way it does...
Lord Adonia is right. A good RWS is a staple and is a big deal. You already like Mary Hanson's style. Personally, I use my Pocket Universal Waite more than my Hanson-Roberts.

William, just for kicks and, why don't you pull a card for this Pocket Universal Waite idea too? See what your Hanson-Roberts says about this as an option?

Druidcraft and Steampunk are "my" recommendations for you at this moment. :) I am curious to see if you decide to choose to pull a card for the Universal as an option....