steampunk(moore),illuminati, or llewellyn classic?

Pam O

The Llewelyn is a nice deck. I can't stand the universal waite. The box may be sturdy, but the cards are the flimsiest I've ever seen. And the images seem a tentative hedging and limiting edit of the classic RWS.

Oh, mine is older... My card stock and quality is great, but it sounds like you have a newer deck with different card stock quality!? Arggggg. That does happen these days. Rats!

ETA: I just got a new Wizard's from Llewellyn yesterday, and that is card stock I have to say "yuck" to. Dang it! But I did get it super cheap, so......

William Chandra

It's actually interesting how Pam O and Amanda_04 interpret so differently.. pam o said to take steampunk n druidcraft.. while amanda_04 said to take llewellyn n either druidcraft or illuminati..

William Chandra

I'm also curious about ana luisa's interpretation..

It's true dat i am starting to waver about buying steampunk.. b4.. i keep contemplating about buying it.. and amanda's reading about throwing the two options away seems to picture the current situation well..
But idk anymore.. bcoz there are some cards there that are really easy to read.. and also some cards there are pretty hard to interpret..

GlitterNova

Was the question you asked your deck something like 'how will I get along with X deck' or was it a more simple 'which deck should I get?' If it was the latter, I think the reversals are significant here. You weren't expecting any reversals and then you end up getting two--that could be interpreted as those cards jumping out and saying 'notice me!' You don't even need to get into the specific meanings of each card, the important ones are already indicating themselves. Using this interpretation your answer would be the Steampunk and the Llewellyn Classic.

As for the fact that nearly everyone here gave you a different answer, that's truly just a side effect of the subjective nature of tarot interpretations. Don't fall into the trap of doubting your own instincts to the point of passing up a deck you want just because someone else's reading convinced you to. Of course, I stand by my advice in my previous post that you should wait until you see a deck (or two) that your gut instinct tells you to get. Don't overthink things, the worst that can happen is you end up needing to return a deck :)

William Chandra

I treated my deck like a human.. so i asked.. "my dear, i am planning to buy u friends.. so that u won't be alone.. and plz pick from these for.. help me to decide who u want to be ur friend.. druidcraft,steampunk,illuminati or llewellyn classic? Worry not.. i won't betray u.. u'll always be my go to deck.. plz give me wisdom to chose.."

And i wasn't expecting reversals..

Glitter nova
Can u post ur interpretations like what the others do? That might help me.. hehehe.. thx a lot..

William Chandra

Oh and btw.. this x-mas.. we are going to go to malaysia(KL).. and that's where i am going to buy the 2 decks.. so.. the worst that can happen is dat i need to wait for years to buy decks again.. dat's if i bought the wrong deck.. bcoz in it's more expensive to buy it in Indonesia.. and also.. it's rare to see a shop that sells tarot.. u can count them with ur fingers.. lel..

Pam O

Was the question you asked your deck something like 'how will I get along with X deck' or was it a more simple 'which deck should I get?' If it was the latter, I think the reversals are significant here. You weren't expecting any reversals and then you end up getting two--that could be interpreted as those cards jumping out and saying 'notice me!' You don't even need to get into the specific meanings of each card, the important ones are already indicating themselves. Using this interpretation your answer would be the Steampunk and the Llewellyn Classic.

As for the fact that nearly everyone here gave you a different answer, that's truly just a side effect of the subjective nature of tarot interpretations. Don't fall into the trap of doubting your own instincts to the point of passing up a deck you want just because someone else's reading convinced you to. Of course, I stand by my advice in my previous post that you should wait until you see a deck (or two) that your gut instinct tells you to get. Don't overthink things, the worst that can happen is you end up needing to return a deck :)

Actually GlitterNova has very wise advice here.
Listen to your gut.
Also, I totally missed that you did not mention your question specifically until now. I "assumed" your Question, and I did not realize I had assumed until i read what you wrote. You wording of the Q will affect the way the cards read.

I more read for you, not for how something else (the deck) was going to feel. But the twist is, the way you feel about your Hansen Roberts is essentially the way you feel about some aspect of yourself. The deck is simply pieces of paper that you portray a part of yourself on to.

The best part is, all 4 of your options are good ones. YOU are the one that has to be fine with your decision.

You keep saying you did not expect the Rx cards.

Those Rx cards showed up for the Steampunk and the Lewellen.
How did those Rx cards make you "feel" while reading? Did the 2 Rx "feel" scary, confusing?
Did they "feel "enlightening, like the Hanged Man, "Take a look at this interpretation from this other angle that you did not expect to see."

Which cards were harder to read? That in itself could be saying, "These decks could be harder for you to read".

Which cards did you feel super confident when you read them, because their interpretation just felt like you understood what those cards were saying right away? That too could be a huge part of your answer, and guidance to follow.

Pam O

You did not ask about the $ in your Q.
You did not ask: What is the easiest, most comfortable deck for me to read that will be also be the best use of my $.

Anytime you post a reading and interpretation, be sure to include your Q. It helps us help you.

Also including,"How does that make you feel?" is as important as, "What do you see happening in the cards?"

Did you see the 2 of Swords Rx as you, with a blindfold on?
Did the Rx make you feel like you could see your decisions clearly now because you were listening to your inner vision? Or did the Rx make you feel like you were even more stuck not knowing what to do, not knowing how to read that card?

ana luisa

So.. i didn't realize dat some of my cards are reversed.. and i just shuffle and spread the cards.. only then i realized that some cards are still reversed.. i seldom use reversals tho.. so i just picked it.. ignoring the fact that some of it are already reversed before i start shuffling..

is dat okay? Or should i re do it?

Oh and btw.. here's the result of the reading..
Druidcraft.. queen of swords
Steampunk.. two of swords reversed..
Illuminati.. nine of pentacles..
Llewellyn classic.. eight of cups reversed..

So.. what do u guys think my hanson roberts was trying to say to me?

Ok. I´m back. Yes, PamO, I´ve been lurking :D I read your take, William Chandra and, believe me, I can sympathize. Where I live, decks get ridiculously expensive due to taxes, exchange rates and the like. One has to REALLY ponder before taking the plunge...
I agree with posters when they say that YOU should follow your gut. I lost count of the times I bought a deck I wasn't too sure about, be it for the art, the concept and it turned out to be one of my favorites. Same for the gorgeous decks that say nothing... Now, if you want my take, I would stick to the Druidcraft and the Illuminati. Here's why:

Druidcraft - what you said about the card translated beautifully what you feel. Fear. You should try and conquer this fear. Every great reader I know is more than willing to embrace the challenges, the mistakes and the bad news. That's what will make you become more and more proficient. The Queen of Swords is indeed a VERY uncomfortable character. A bit unforgiving and stern. But her goal is to teach you how to improve and get ahead. She's not mean. She's just practical and logical. And I know you tend to prefer the cups suits :)

Illuminati - As far as improvement, this one promises to help you dig deeper and find the details in your reading. Not just the quick answer but all the intricacies necessary for a more elaborate response. I own all decks but this one, but I have seen wonderful readings with it ESPECIALLY because of its colorful richness and details.

Why not the Steampunk and Llewellyn ? Don't take me wrong, I love them both. The Steampunk, as I said before has a great book and the cards are quite fun to read. But,for some reason, I felt it wouldn't jive with what you were looking for. It's not because it differs from your beloved Hanson but because it has a more "enigmatic" language.Besides, the lady in the Two of Swords card being upside down, will have the moon at her feet and short-circuit in her mind. Unstable and lurky grounding and contradictory messages.
The LLewelyn is a work of art. LOVE the cards and depictions. It could, as Amanda said read like a charm but it would be a bit more of the same. (ie Hanson Roberts style). And I feel you should take a leap and "brave the elements".

One way or anohter, good luck with your choice and do not overthink this. If you have the chance to actually touch and see the cards at the shop, do so. Having them in person sometimes changes our impressions a lot. And keep us posted for the follow up of this search ;)

William Chandra

Would it be a great idea if i do another reading.. with the question Pam O has told? "What is the easiest deck for me to read with.. and also money wise?"