Is there a reproduction of this deck?

MagsStardustBlack

Trust me to find, love, and want something I can't have!

MagsStardustBlack

Tarots of the Renaissance looks nothing like it. Must be The Golden Tarot of the Renaissance.... Off to look....

rose_alba

Oh my God, really? They are absolutely just gorgeous and the deck is incomplete, wonder where the other cards are. Il have a look at the Tarot of the Renaissance. My what a tragic tarot story, incomplete, lost in time, very romantic. Wonder where these remaining cards are? In a museum or private collection maybe.

Solandia review said Bibliotheque Nationale de Paris!!

Yes, that's where they are kept – there's 17 of them.
A feast for the eyes:
http://www.lepalaisdutarot.com/charles-vi-tarot-6.htm

dancing_moon

The colours don't seem to have the same richness on the AT page, do you think the cards are indeed vibrant or dull in real life?

I'm going to try YouTube it.

Thank you.

I'm sure, they're more vibrant in real life. Besides, the golden foil shows black on those scanned images. In real life, it's probably like my Golden Visconti: all gilded and blingy where the AT scans show black. :)

And yes, sadly, there are only 17 of them left, other cards have been lost in the sands of time. :(

MagsStardustBlack

I'm sure, they're more vibrant in real life. Besides, the golden foil shows black on those scanned images. In real life, it's probably like my Golden Visconti: all gilded and blingy where the AT scans show black. :)

And yes, sadly, there are only 17 of them left, other cards have been lost in the sands of time. :(
Yes probably, scanned images rarely show up the real colours. It's just the images on the site I linked, looked 3d I wonder if that is the same Is the reproduction version as this really struck me, they popped you know?!

gregory

That deck from le palais - well, be careful. They did in the END edit their listing, but they sold me one that purported to be a coloured Gringonneur. I was NOT happy :(

I have a black and white Charles VI repro deck, done by Gilles Hipeau. At that time, though I didn't know it then, they were also selling a hand coloured one. But nowhere NEAR as vibrant as these. The deck was once believed to have been created for King Charles VI of France - a theory that has since been discredited; the deck is now known as the Tarot Estensi, and is known to have been designed by an anonymous Italian painter from Ferrara.

Rose Lalonde

I bought the Estensi/Golden Tarot of the Renaissance for the 17 cards in particular. Here's a pic of mine where you can see the gold pretty well... though the background is warmer in tone than what you can see in the image.

Attachments

• golden_tarot.jpg
    golden_tarot.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 88

MagsStardustBlack

Wow stunning. Shame about the Scarabeo stupid borders! Will they ever quit that?!

But these images defiantly do pop out. I feel another purchase approaching. Thank you for the cards :)

Rose Lalonde

Sure thing. As dancing_moon and Le Fanu mentioned, the 2 of Wands with Atis' testicles lying there on the grass is... yeah. And I find the backs muddy looking, but I'm still glad I bought this deck for the majors.

tarotbear

Where is this castration thing? :bugeyed: