Crystal Study Group: Chryscolla

wildchilde

I used a raw piece of Chryscolla, green in color for this study. The phrases that most struck me about this stone from Judy Hall’s The Crystal Bible were ‘cleanses, reenergizes, and aligns the chakras with the Divine’ and ‘draws out negative emotions such as guilt, and reverses destructive emotional programming’ (emphasis mine). I also remember I originally wanted this stone because it is said to heal damaged lungs.

Being less formal with this crystal, I simply got it out and placed it on my crystal mirror next to me. I was watching TV for a while when all of a sudden I realized I was remembering a very traumatic event in my childhood and it was present in my mind that this particular event had contributed to the Chakra imbalances in my lower 3 chakras (root, navel, solar plexus) that I have always periodically had to work toward healing.

At first I was a bit “shocked” that I was having this memory (and so calmly) and sort of started to mentally struggle against it fearing that the memory would take me down the rabbit hole to a dark and painful place. Then I realized I had absolutely nothing to fear and it was just a thought –a memory—and I could let go of it any time I wanted to. Not long after this, the thought went away. And a separate thought lingered that the memory must be related to clearing the above mentioned blockages.

About an hour later I wasn’t feeling that good—drained and sort of like I was coming down with a head cold but I knew I wasn’t. I convinced myself (after much procrastination) to do some yoga and put on a yoga CD I haven’t done in a long time. About 10 minutes into it I realized two things…1st that even though it was in the other room the Chryscolla crystal was consistently present in my mind’s eye, and 2nd that the yoga routine I had unconsciously chosen was specifically for breath work on the lungs and lower body grounding/balancing. I completely had not remembered this before I started.

At the very last of the routine in relaxation pose with one hand on the solar plexus and one hand on the heart, the earlier memory came back to my mind and I was examining why it had come up to begin with, what damage had been done, etc. Then the following thought appeared, “just because you love someone doesn’t mean you must give your soul to them. You do not have to give up who you are and what you know is right for you”. A very simple thought but I think that is a major lesson and a reason I have had so many bad relationships in life because I took from that (and other) childhood experiences that loving someone meant I had to give them whatever they wanted even if it killed my soul. This experience was almost like a gentle soul-fragment retrieval and I thank the crystal for this.

Padma

Wow! Awesome healing! I am really happy for you, WildC - and that was a very useful reminder, about love, for all of us sensitive souls...love is meant to bring out the best in us, not kill us...my mother always said, that is how you can tell if it is a real love: if it brings out the best in you, then it is true :)

wildchilde

your mother is very wise :)

I forgot to mention that although I wanted to keep going with this crystal after having such a gentle and positive experience, after this occurred it was like literally the stone "turned off" and was telling me (kindly but firmly) "we're done for now". I was a bit disappointed but tried to respect it's wishes and put it away.

DownwardSpiral

Hi wildchilde : )

Thanks so much for joining in and sharing your experiences. I also like that you can combine your experiences with yoga : )

If this crystal let you know its work with you is done (even if only after one day) then that's your experiences. : ) So sorry to hear it brought up an unpleasant memory from the past, but if it can help you heal from that then it did an amazing job.

wildchilde

another chryscolla experience...

this is almost 2 months since my first experience with chryscolla...yesterday I rummaged around in my "Bible" by Judy Hall looking for which crystals were good for premenstrual symptoms like physical cramps and emotionalism. This doesn't happen all the time to me, but I seem to be having some pretty strong symptoms this month so became curious what crystals might be good to use. The very first one listed is chryscolla...I read it and then the others listed (labradorite, moonstone, (some) opal) and decided that the chryscolla was the one I should use. So, I got out the smallest piece I have (another rough) and made a wire cage for it to hang from a neck chain. (this is a strangely shaped piece so getting it into the wire cage was a bit of a trick, but I managed) It was also funny to me that I was already wearing an outfit that matched the colors perfectly :)

after wearing it about an hour my back cramps lessened considerably and after about 2.5 hours I no longer felt depressed and was able to enjoy the day with my step-daughter and not get caught in the "eyore" syndrome.

as an added bonus, I realized late last night that I also had some very powerful communication/synchronistic experiences while wearing the chryscolla. At the top of the healing crystals for you page is this description:

It is powerful to aid truthful and heartfelt loving communication. It will open your throat chakra and energize the words you speak, and may help you to choose the right words to speak to aid emotional healing in others.

It was historically used by the American Indian people, to bring a strengthening and calming energy. This is a teaching stone, that helps you to communicate the right words that each individual needs to hear at a given time.

It is a lovely peaceful stone, that helps to motivate you to speak out, about those things that are important to you, as well as those issues that you feel others may benefit from hearing.

three times yesterday (that I am aware of) I had exactly this experience. first with my step-daughter...being able to say something to her lovingly and with acceptance so that she could feel at ease. then twice online, first in a forum devoted to wedding professionals I was able to share very deeply from my experience as a celebrant to help someone comfort a bride who recently lost her teenage daughter. then, on this forum, I was able to share a synchronistic bit of information that came to me about a crystal with another member that seems to have helped her along her healing path.

I am very excited about this crystal and will probably wear it again today for the cramps issue and we'll see if anything else happens.

DownwardSpiral

This is exciting : ) I'm glad this crystal is working so well for you. I am just amazed at all the wonderful things crystals can do and in any given situation...no one has to even know.

Padma

Thanks for sharing these thoughts, WildChilde. I am very interested in this stone, especially I love the gentle way it seems to work - and the fact that it can tell you when it is done working with you, and when you need it, it jumps to your attention :) Pretty cool! Are you still working with it, or have you changed to another stone for now?

wildchilde

Thanks for sharing these thoughts, WildChilde. I am very interested in this stone, especially I love the gentle way it seems to work - and the fact that it can tell you when it is done working with you, and when you need it, it jumps to your attention :) Pretty cool! Are you still working with it, or have you changed to another stone for now?

I have been very busy the past week or so, so my apologies to everyone for not keeping up very well with the forum. I have been sort of rotating between the chryscolla, the howlite and the tourm. Also, I have been on an earring making tear with magnesite, hematite, chyrsocolla, and malakite. I know it is time to move on to another, just have not received a clear indication yet on which. Probably because I am somewhat avoiding what I probably should be dealing with through the crystals which would put me with the rhodonite.

Padma

well, I am glad you are back! I missed you ♥ :)

Your earrings sound fab! Any hope of pics? And, it seems the Chrysocolla has really helped you - you seem quite energised! :D

exotik1

i like these study groups, im reading so much tonight. I find chrysocolla to be so gentle, i like it over my throat chakra, i have a big piece in my shop (link in profile) but i almost dont want to sell it. I like to use it with green sardonyx and mangano calcite, they are my posse of soothing friends as i call em lol. They were gentle when i needed it.