what doesn't work for you

wizzle

I got a kick out of Wumpkie's amber experience. Yup, yup... we all experience stones in our own way, eh? I'm wondering if one of the honey colored gemstones... zircon, citrine, etc.... would match her energy and work for her. I can see where amber... being very slow... might feel like a drag.

Tiger's eye also might be a great stone for a fast-paced person. It's both quick and grounding at the same time.

HeavensVault....

I too am not at all thrilled with diamonds. I vastly prefer cubic zirconia (which I believe has good metaphysical properties) as long as the CZ jewelry is in good settings. White zircon, topaz and CZ make great subtitues for diamonds both in jewelry and as healing stones imo.

Chronata

I love my rose quartz! Love it to pieces! It's so soothing...maybe because I lived 20 years in a pink room!

I am making peace with certain stones I used to dislike...like rhodochrosite, and amber, and jaspers.

Ruby and I don't get along though. I am not sure why...it makes me feel hot and irritable. I have no such problems with sapphire, or garnets (love them) but just with rubies.

And Amethyst. I know that amethyst has always been touted as a good all around stone to have.
Me and Amethyst have never really worked all that well with each other. It's like our personalities don't mesh. Especially multiple cystals pieces, and darker colors.
Gives me the worst nightmares and serious crappy dreams, or else makes me feel belligerant.

Oddly enough, I use two amethysts in my lithomancy reading set...(including one to represent joy) and I can't seem to work with it at all, when reading for myself (I always replace it...otherwise...it will shoot out of my hand while dropping or scurry under the table!)

wumpkie

wizzle said:
I got a kick out of Wumpkie's amber experience. Yup, yup... we all experience stones in our own way, eh? I'm wondering if one of the honey colored gemstones... zircon, citrine, etc.... would match her energy and work for her. I can see where amber... being very slow... might feel like a drag.

Tiger's eye also might be a great stone for a fast-paced person. It's both quick and grounding at the same time.

Now you see I don't have a problem with citrine, it's not a favourite of mine but I'm quite happy to hold it and use it when necessary. I love Tiger's eye, I think it's because of the wonderful, almost holographic nature.

thorhammer

Labradorite. Nasty, superficial, cold, heavy rotten stuff. Makes my skin crawl like I've just been lied to by a dozen defence lawyers and politicians!

Ambivalent about rose quartz, although bought a big piece shaped like a really squat, fat wand recently and put it by my bed. It's subtle, I'll say that. Like, invisible subtle. :)

I know this isn't for favourites, but must say I love citrine to BITS! Okay, no more raving . . .

\m/ Kat

Glass Owl

I have a laboradorite pendent which I can wear with no problems but a large palm stone of it some times makes my hand feel electical, and in a rather unpleasant way. When that happens it then makes my head start pounding.

Not matter what I do, I can't wear red jasper. It makes me very uncomfortable and itchy.