King of swords in relationships

WhyWuh

I had a feeling you'd say that very thing. :) Don't worry, I'll steer clear of your threads from now on; it's just been beating my head against a wall.

Thank you :)

Maru

On the subject of the King of Swords, I'm on the same page as Grizabella for the most part in terms of my impressions of him. Generally positive, though he can be very frustrating to work out deals with if he prefers one method of thinking over others. Even non-reversed, he can be a bit stubborn, which I think is inherit to the type of focus he gives discipline to his information, as he particularly has high standards for qualifiers when it comes to how and when mutual discourse can occur. So very often, he needs sources.... /lots of sources/... and not just any source, one particular source or another. Oh and it can't be wikipedia.

To be fair, it is as much intellectual stimulation (i.e. a challenge) to him as it is important to shaping his systems of thinking. I don't know that he would always publicize when his thoughts or opinions are being reshaped/shifting on matters... as he often likes to a maintain a higher standard of discourse with those he intellectual "spars" with, even in smaller more playful forms. It is enjoyable to him, this tension. I've known a few KoS in the S&M category ;) for example... He still wants to remain on a certain level so that he can still maintain opposition if he so chooses. So he doesn't really look to give many cues as he's not looking to indulge in flight's of fancy, but would rather keep everything higher level. I do think that genuinely he is very inquisitive and often does enjoy sifting through new information, no matter how minuscule. The problem is when he doesn't relax his qualifiers for certain types of discussion, but low-level discussions tend to issue his ire (his more reversed qualities) and is more likely to bring out his more stubborn qualities... however, reach his level and you will really get a great stimulation from discussing with him, if that is your cup of tea... and really, his choosiness could also be down to being in favor of one method of analysis over another... which he is more than HAPPY to discuss with you. For example, a meteorologist may think a weather pattern or analysis by a fellow colleague appears sound, but he will still want to see certain charts support the trend in order to be stamped as "valid" in his mind... i.e. it is the gold standard at which he analyzes datum and rates his models...

WhyWuh

On the subject of the King of Swords, I'm on the same page as Grizabella for the most part in terms of my impressions of him. Generally positive, though he can be very frustrating to work out deals with if he prefers one method of thinking over others. Even non-reversed, he can be a bit stubborn, which I think is inherit to the type of focus he gives discipline to his information, as he particularly has high standards for qualifiers when it comes to how and when mutual discourse can occur. So very often, he needs sources.... /lots of sources/... and not just any source, one particular source or another. Oh and it can't be wikipedia.

To be fair, it is as much intellectual stimulation (i.e. a challenge) to him as it is important to shaping his systems of thinking. I don't know that he would always publicize when his thoughts or opinions are being reshaped/shifting on matters... as he often likes to a maintain a higher standard of discourse with those he intellectual "spars" with, even in smaller more playful forms. It is enjoyable to him, this tension. I've known a few KoS in the S&M category ;) for example... He still wants to remain on a certain level so that he can still maintain opposition if he so chooses. So he doesn't really look to give many cues as he's not looking to indulge in flight's of fancy, but would rather keep everything higher level. I do think that genuinely he is very inquisitive and often does enjoy sifting through new information, no matter how minuscule. The problem is when he doesn't relax his qualifiers for certain types of discussion, but low-level discussions tend to issue his ire (his more reversed qualities) and is more likely to bring out his more stubborn qualities... however, reach his level and you will really get a great stimulation from discussing with him, if that is your cup of tea... and really, his choosiness could also be down to being in favor of one method of analysis over another... which he is more than HAPPY to discuss with you. For example, a meteorologist may think a weather pattern or analysis by a fellow colleague appears sound, but he will still want to see certain charts support the trend in order to be stamped as "valid" in his mind... i.e. it is the gold standard at which he analyzes datum and rates his models...

Thank you. It's very interesting as I'm queen of swords/wands and I found a lot of myself here. But yes I see why he could need new information and updates on what's going on. It's not only to give them to think about something but at the same time it lets to stay in control. But having word battles all the time isn't my cup of tea. I think that either I will be able to adjust to him (and it should be quite difficult with me being swords (having my own truth) and wands at the same time (going about my opinion in 'my way or highway' manner and doing it with passion)). But it's understandable how he can put his feelings aside when judging something (I do the same) but because I'm wands I love all these cuddles and affection and fire and passion. I fail to understand how all swords person could feel no need for affection. By the way it'd be very interesting and very appreciated if you could give an example what kind of affection is KoS affection? As me being swords and wands my affection comes from my wands-y side so I can't relate to swords affection at all.

Maru

Thank you. It's very interesting as I'm queen of swords/wands and I found a lot of myself here. But yes I see why he could need new information and updates on what's going on. It's not only to give them to think about something but at the same time it lets to stay in control. But having word battles all the time isn't my cup of tea. I think that either I will be able to adjust to him (and it should be quite difficult with me being swords (having my own truth) and wands at the same time (going about my opinion in 'my way or highway' manner and doing it with passion)). But it's understandable how he can put his feelings aside when judging something (I do the same) but because I'm wands I love all these cuddles and affection and fire and passion. I fail to understand how all swords person could feel no need for affection. By the way it'd be very interesting and very appreciated if you could give an example what kind of affection is KoS affection? As me being swords and wands my affection comes from my wands-y side so I can't relate to swords affection at all.

You may be stronger in another suit then. I remember you saying in one of your YR spreads you were getting QoS for how you appear to others. That can create a lot of confusion for you too during relationship readings too. If how you are connecting with others is contradictory to your perceived self. Maybe you have a sharp tongue or otherwise direct method of speech that is not easy on the heart of other suits... can hamper that connection there... i.e. using wit to maneuver around others in relationships... does send off the impression of someone who says it is like it is, but because they don't deal well with those emotionally tricky situations... a typical QoS --rx-- as it would appear. That however can check all of KoS's boxes certainyl... as that doesn't really even faze them at all, may even be attractive the ability to fire up the wit so to speak. They can tolerate the verbal hot sauce just fine. I think just breaking down these elements and finding out where they fit in in your life would be more helpful for you to see the clarity... as it's better to examine all suits next to each other than to fixate on just one.

QoSes can come manifest in a few flavors in my experience... some mild, some not so mild temperament... perhaps other suits influence dilutes that external perception and you actually read as /softer/ (mild) QoS to a KoS... that can be highly attractive to a KoS, but not so much other suits. Especially a KoS Rx who prefers to be more domineering and controlling over these connections and more suited to mind games and sees it as a challenge ... he may think, hey we're well attuned mentally (so attractive) /and/ I get to continue to play the alpha dog role... whoopee. Jack pot.

nisaba

But don't they miss tenderness and being fuzzy? Isn't it lonely to be so analythical all the time? Just wondering.

Nobody who has a clear mind misses being fuzzy - they pity people who don't think clearly. Thinking doesn't mean you don't feel. You do feel. You *are* tender. You think as well. TWO modes of being, instead of only one. Their lives are richer as a result. Being able to see the world clearly, and being able to see your own and your partner's feelings clearly, enhances everything.

WhyWuh

You may be stronger in another suit then. I remember you saying in one of your YR spreads you were getting QoS for how you appear to others. That can create a lot of confusion for you too during relationship readings too. If how you are connecting with others is contradictory to your perceived self. Maybe you have a sharp tongue or otherwise direct method of speech that is not easy on the heart of other suits... can hamper that connection there... i.e. using wit to maneuver around others in relationships... does send off the impression of someone who says it is like it is, but because they don't deal well with those emotionally tricky situations... a typical QoS --rx-- as it would appear. That however can check all of KoS's boxes certainyl... as that doesn't really even faze them at all, may even be attractive the ability to fire up the wit so to speak. They can tolerate the verbal hot sauce just fine. I think just breaking down these elements and finding out where they fit in in your life would be more helpful for you to see the clarity... as it's better to examine all suits next to each other than to fixate on just one.

QoSes can come manifest in a few flavors in my experience... some mild, some not so mild temperament... perhaps other suits influence dilutes that external perception and you actually read as /softer/ (mild) QoS to a KoS... that can be highly attractive to a KoS, but not so much other suits. Especially a KoS Rx who prefers to be more domineering and controlling over these connections and more suited to mind games and sees it as a challenge ... he may think, hey we're well attuned mentally (so attractive) /and/ I get to continue to play the alpha dog role... whoopee. Jack pot.

LOL thank you! You really made me smile and at the same you gave me some material to think here. I come off as QoS as I can think and form my opinions based solely on my morals and my standards. For example I've read that when there were kids waiting for other hearts people who were given only names of these children decided that they (for example Sarah) has to wait in a row because these people didn't see her face. Other people were shown faces instead of names. And when they saw eyes of the same Sarah they said that she has to be the first who receives the new heart. Because they were affected. For me it's different. No matter if I was shown a name or a face or whatever of these children. Row is row. I can keep clear and unaffected mind no matter what. That's my QoS side. And I think. A hell of a lot. And I am not sharp. I am just logical and some people who think based on emotions may think I'm sharp or rude. But I'm not. Just I'm 'no bull*hit please' type. That's it. I'm QoW in a sense that I'm energetic and I am warm when I let all that clear valuing and thinking to be turned off just to do some feeling when enjoying my time with my loved one. I literally contain two energies: fire and air simultaneously in me. But yes I want a man who could be a boss because I wanna be QoW with my man as I'm QoS with others enough of my time anyways. :)

WhyWuh

Nobody who has a clear mind misses being fuzzy - they pity people who don't think clearly. Thinking doesn't mean you don't feel. You do feel. You *are* tender. You think as well. TWO modes of being, instead of only one. Their lives are richer as a result. Being able to see the world clearly, and being able to see your own and your partner's feelings clearly, enhances everything.

Lol I miss being fuzzy even if I DO have a clear mind. Yes I don't understand people who THINK based on emptions but I also don't understand people who FEEL based on thoughts. When you feel you feel. When you think you think. And there's no need to mistake these two. It creates a mess.

Maru

LOL thank you! You really made me smile and at the same you gave me some material to think here. I come off as QoS as I can think and form my opinions based solely on my morals and my standards. For example I've read that when there were kids waiting for other hearts people who were given only names of these children decided that they (for example Sarah) has to wait in a row because these people didn't see her face. Other people were shown faces instead of names. And when they saw eyes of the same Sarah they said that she has to be the first who receives the new heart. Because they were affected. For me it's different. No matter if I was shown a name or a face or whatever of these children. Row is row. I can keep clear and unaffected mind no matter what. That's my QoS side. And I think. A hell of a lot. And I am not sharp. I am just logical and some people who think based on emotions may think I'm sharp or rude. But I'm not. Just I'm 'no bull*hit please' type. That's it. I'm QoW in a sense that I'm energetic and I am warm when I let all that clear valuing and thinking to be turned off just to do some feeling when enjoying my time with my loved one. I literally contain two energies: fire and air simultaneously in me. But yes I want a man who could be a boss because I wanna be QoW with my man as I'm QoS with others enough of my time anyways. :)

Hard for me to comment in great detail on your post but from what I can tell it seems you are role playing the suit more than actually understanding the influence of QoS in your readings. The highlighted bit would be the strongest evidence of this being the case.

A strong alignment in a suit, specifically a card that creates so much depth and energy in your readings, doesn't just come in and out because you want to change roles... that to me would be more inheriting the surface-level qualities of that suit. If you read your post outloud, it sounds contrived. I think if you read the card (any card) too broadly, then you miss out on what the card may be teaching you in the readings. On the other hand, too specifically and you'll be lost in the details and missing the message of the card.

Maybe you have interpreted some are being difficult rather than letting you expand on certain points you are trying to focus on, but remember there is nothing wrong with pulling back the focus a little bit and letting some of their points sink in a little and mull it over. Could help you with answering the concretely and satisfyingly get better results from your readings than you have been receiving... to go deeper with these observations rather than sitting in contentment. I think QoS even deserves more attention than you are giving her when she comes up as an appearance card. Especially with regards to relationship readings. Could help too to stop the relationship readings for a while (because you can't really confirm with exactness the essence of what others are feeling anyway)... perhaps do more self-focused readings, i.e. self-improvement, etc. And when she comes up, challenge her position in your life and see what she tells you... over a long period of readings and see if maybe she has some other message for you. That would be my suggestion. I feel the cards are very responsive to this when you most willing to go into deeper waters. Harder to do that level of investigating with the relationship readings... especially when personal feelings/frustration are a real barrier.

Nisaba actually gave you the best answer to the question you were asking about how KoS approaches affection. I can relate to what they're saying, because I don't need a lot of affection to feel loved... knowing is enough... I can explain my feelings quite clearly, matter of factly... but when it comes to physical expression of those feelings, only in certain moods do I do this innately. Even then though, I enjoy much more the mental pursuit of relationships. Not the touchy feely part of it... though in the bedroom I don't mind this escape, but prefer this more on a Wands level... but still has to be very mentally stimulating. I.e. I like to see the thought process, the strategy my partner commits to... for me that is a turn on, but purely mental. I tend to be swords in that quality, ...I guess lol, as I'm still learning why I come up QoS.

I am extraordinarily independent, the studious type spending more time on my own learning new things than really focusing on pursuits of pleasure that others enjoy. I do self-study a lot and I'm out of school, but I stay in continuing education programs, both relating to my field (design+webdevelopment) and also have taught myself Japanese, several computer languages and am still picking more up more. I get very bored when I am not learning something. I love sociology and seeing how people tick. Love watching the weather changes and I keep a station with statistics going 24/7 that I monitor as well as other stations nearby that I watch closely. I love reference books and reading manuals. My first computer was like heaven, I learned to break it to fix it... read the 600 page manual page 1 to 2... now I build machines, programs, and I'm never good enough. I could always learn more. Don't really need to be attached to anyone like others said... I get a great deal of joy from analysis and focusing on trends, data, etc... even relationship trends (lol)... which makes me pretty nerdy, but I connect very easily with those who are the more intellectual types... Nisaba explained something in a way I'd never been able to explain... so I guess that's all true. I don't put a whole lot of thought into my emotions tbf. lol. I really don't... I think because I don't really need to. I'm quite content in my mental world...my money goes to creating spaces in my home so I can continue my studies and to push myself further as an individual. I hang around people of the same spirit... but my husband is more a Pent, so very practical... and we get along when he is practical. I'm not so keen on being money-focused... I'm happy with my books and extracurricular activities.

I know what you mean to a degree in terms of needing to not be so intellectual all the time, but it is 100% enjoyable for me, all the time so I can't understand that just being turned off. Which is why I think you may be swordy on the surface... on the other hand, can I /be/ intellectual 24/7? No, because my brain gets tored physically and is always running very intensely otherwise with lots of analytical tasks... but when I have time and am not worn out, what do I want to do? Go back to my books and learning activities lol. I don't get the same contentment others do by snuggles and kisses and trips to the club or other cheesy commercial fun. I like to go to places to absorb the atmosphere and people watch. People watching is enjoyable for me. I get bored in places when there is nothing left to analyze or take in... like yep I read that book. Can we move on? This place is expensive and I'm bored lol.

On the other hand, I get QoC when I get crazy empathy, but I have issues with that as I'm a skeptic always and have always been critical about my psychic side... one of my most vulnerable areas. I get QoP when I just feel like being grounded to the floor instead of flying all over the place fixing things/making lists. I'm a Cancer so I enjoy keeping a house, cleaning, cooking, entertaining the guests... I get QoW when I'm putting on charisma at work and getting people just as excited about the projects we're on. So I come up all four... but can I tell you really when they come and go? Not really tbh, because I see so much variability in my readings... The cards usually for me are stating what suit at that moment I may be manifesting as... doesn't necessarily mean that it covers those facets of my life definitively... the QoS is the one that has stuck out enough I finally have just accepted it is my significator... because I've gotten it crazy amounts in self-reading/personal improvement spreads in significator area... and like Indigo, I had my questions about classifying myself under a certain significator, especially since I didn't understand why the focus was so strong there... but she's been 'talking' to me for a long time trying to be heard... so I'm now accepting it and she's like finally... and at least grasping at what she has to say about me, if even not the total package. Anyway I don't think so hard about it... but it is a little contradictory, that classification... especially since I am in a creative field... but yeah, with programming (lots of logic) to go along with it... I'm equally creative + logical... so kinda weird how I have seen gotten QoS so much with RW. Oh well.

WhyWuh

Hard for me to comment in great detail on your post but from what I can tell it seems you are role playing the suit more than actually understanding the influence of QoS in your readings. The highlighted bit would be the strongest evidence of this being the case.

A strong alignment in a suit, specifically a card that creates so much depth and energy in your readings, doesn't just come in and out because you want to change roles... that to me would be more inheriting the surface-level qualities of that suit. If you read your post outloud, it sounds contrived. I think if you read the card (any card) too broadly, then you miss out on what the card may be teaching you in the readings. On the other hand, too specifically and you'll be lost in the details and missing the message of the card.

Maybe you have interpreted some are being difficult rather than letting you expand on certain points you are trying to focus on, but remember there is nothing wrong with pulling back the focus a little bit and letting some of their points sink in a little and mull it over. Could help you with answering the concretely and satisfyingly get better results from your readings than you have been receiving... to go deeper with these observations rather than sitting in contentment. I think QoS even deserves more attention than you are giving her when she comes up as an appearance card. Especially with regards to relationship readings. Could help too to stop the relationship readings for a while (because you can't really confirm with exactness the essence of what others are feeling anyway)... perhaps do more self-focused readings, i.e. self-improvement, etc. And when she comes up, challenge her position in your life and see what she tells you... over a long period of readings and see if maybe she has some other message for you. That would be my suggestion. I feel the cards are very responsive to this when you most willing to go into deeper waters. Harder to do that level of investigating with the relationship readings... especially when personal feelings/frustration are a real barrier.

Nisaba actually gave you the best answer to the question you were asking about how KoS approaches affection. I can relate to what they're saying, because I don't need a lot of affection to feel loved... knowing is enough... I can explain my feelings quite clearly, matter of factly... but when it comes to physical expression of those feelings, only in certain moods do I do this innately. Even then though, I enjoy much more the mental pursuit of relationships. Not the touchy feely part of it... though in the bedroom I don't mind this escape, but prefer this more on a Wands level... but still has to be very mentally stimulating. I.e. I like to see the thought process, the strategy my partner commits to... for me that is a turn on, but purely mental. I tend to be swords in that quality, ...I guess lol, as I'm still learning why I come up QoS.

I am extraordinarily independent, the studious type spending more time on my own learning new things than really focusing on pursuits of pleasure that others enjoy. I do self-study a lot and I'm out of school, but I stay in continuing education programs, both relating to my field (design+webdevelopment) and also have taught myself Japanese, several computer languages and am still picking more up more. I get very bored when I am not learning something. I love sociology and seeing how people tick. Love watching the weather changes and I keep a station with statistics going 24/7 that I monitor as well as other stations nearby that I watch closely. I love reference books and reading manuals. My first computer was like heaven, I learned to break it to fix it... read the 600 page manual page 1 to 2... now I build machines, programs, and I'm never good enough. I could always learn more. Don't really need to be attached to anyone like others said... I get a great deal of joy from analysis and focusing on trends, data, etc... even relationship trends (lol)... which makes me pretty nerdy, but I connect very easily with those who are the more intellectual types... Nisaba explained something in a way I'd never been able to explain... so I guess that's all true. I don't put a whole lot of thought into my emotions tbf. lol. I really don't... I think because I don't really need to. I'm quite content in my mental world...my money goes to creating spaces in my home so I can continue my studies and to push myself further as an individual. I hang around people of the same spirit... but my husband is more a Pent, so very practical... and we get along when he is practical. I'm not so keen on being money-focused... I'm happy with my books and extracurricular activities.

I know what you mean to a degree in terms of needing to not be so intellectual all the time, but it is 100% enjoyable for me, all the time so I can't understand that just being turned off. Which is why I think you may be swordy on the surface... on the other hand, can I /be/ intellectual 24/7? No, because my brain gets tored physically and is always running very intensely otherwise with lots of analytical tasks... but when I have time and am not worn out, what do I want to do? Go back to my books and learning activities lol. I don't get the same contentment others do by snuggles and kisses and trips to the club or other cheesy commercial fun. I like to go to places to absorb the atmosphere and people watch. People watching is enjoyable for me. I get bored in places when there is nothing left to analyze or take in... like yep I read that book. Can we move on? This place is expensive and I'm bored lol.

On the other hand, I get QoC when I get crazy empathy, but I have issues with that as I'm a skeptic always and have always been critical about my psychic side... one of my most vulnerable areas. I get QoP when I just feel like being grounded to the floor instead of flying all over the place fixing things/making lists. I'm a Cancer so I enjoy keeping a house, cleaning, cooking, entertaining the guests... I get QoW when I'm putting on charisma at work and getting people just as excited about the projects we're on. So I come up all four... but can I tell you really when they come and go? Not really tbh, because I see so much variability in my readings... The cards usually for me are stating what suit at that moment I may be manifesting as... doesn't necessarily mean that it covers those facets of my life definitively... the QoS is the one that has stuck out enough I finally have just accepted it is my significator... because I've gotten it crazy amounts in self-reading/personal improvement spreads in significator area... and like Indigo, I had my questions about classifying myself under a certain significator, especially since I didn't understand why the focus was so strong there... but she's been 'talking' to me for a long time trying to be heard... so I'm now accepting it and she's like finally... and at least grasping at what she has to say about me, if even not the total package. Anyway I don't think so hard about it... but it is a little contradictory, that classification... especially since I am in a creative field... but yeah, with programming (lots of logic) to go along with it... I'm equally creative + logical... so kinda weird how I have seen gotten QoS so much with RW. Oh well.

I'm sorry for no-feedback again. Didn't have normal keyboard again and with touchscreen I just don't feel like I'm physically able to write a long text.

That's very interesting what you said. I'm very knowledg-y too, I'm constantly trying to find something new to educate myself on and it stimulates me. i love it. When in relationships I LOVE LOVE a person who is intelligent and who can stimulate my mental 'powers' (LOL) as if person can't do that I find him to be a little bit blank or stupid (slightly. Not much) and I just stop communicating with them. I need need NEED new information to be flowing at me. But at the same time I'm touchy feely, jumpy and enthusiastic.
I see swords (people who have ONLY swords energy as their most significant energy) to be sophisticated, collected and calm, but I'm not. I'm enthusiastic, childish, jumpy and fun to be around but also with a lot of mental energy. I have that part of fire that is jumpy and giggly but at the same time I have that part of air that is mental and needs constant learning and new information. My judgements are based simply on facts and my thinking is based on facts not on emotions. But I can feel at the same time. I love my closest ones and I can be touchy feely (what in my opinion all-swords person couldn't be) and I'm not reluctant to show people that I love them. Not in a writing-on-a-skyline kind of way but I show people that I love them and appreciate them and all they do for me. All swords seem distant to me. And I'm not distant. I appear distant only to people that are not close to me. When being air/fire I can be empathetic when situation needs it. I can console someone instead of giving rational solution.

That's how I contain wands/swords at the same time. :)

Ruby Jewel

I don't think you all are giving the poor King of Swords a fair shake. Reversed, he'd be emotionally unavailable but upright, he's not so bad. A work-a-holic maybe but intellectually stimulating. And they say the world's best aphrodisiac lies between one's ears, so probably stimulating in some physical ways too. He'd be imaginative maybe. I don't think he'd be a good kisser, though. I'm not sure why that comes to my mind, but it just does.

If he were to be described by his hobbies and interests, I think he'd be great for the Society for Creative Anachronism, if that still exists. Or gaming online maybe. Or if any of you know what the Oregon Country Fair is, he might be into that for recreation.

So don't throw him out with the bath water. He can be really interesting and a cool guy, even if sex isn't his main interest. You can't stay in bed forever. Life is what happens the other 23 1/2 hours during the day, after all. Just because Swords primarily deal with something besides the bedroom, that doesn't mean the King of Swords can't love or be a good sex partner.

I love your take Grizabella....I see the King of Swords as a Libra and Libra is ruled by Venus. The sword stands for truth...not a bad bargain, all in all.