Adding the quint

pageofswords9110

So say you want to throw in a quint card to get an overall feel of a reading. One of the minors showed up reverse do we not add the card since it's reversed, subtract the card number for ex: 2 of wands rx = -2 , or does it being reversed has no effect on adding the quint ?

Barleywine

I use the method I picked up from Amanda a couple of years ago: I subtract the value of reversed cards. This lets me keep the Fool as zero, since the standard numerological summing and reduction never takes you below "1," requiring the Fool to be considered as 22 so it can appear as the quint. It can also produce a reversed quint card, which suits the way I work.

Alta

I had forgotten that one Barleywine, makes a lot of sense to me.

pageofswords9110

I use the method I picked up from Amanda a couple of years ago: I subtract the value of reversed cards. This lets me keep the Fool as zero, since the standard numerological summing and reduction never takes you below "1," requiring the Fool to be considered as 22 so it can appear as the quint. It can also produce a reversed quint card, which suits the way I work.

Thank you for your insights. I've never thought about it in this way.

Pique Dame

I do the same thing as Amanda & Barleywine. Before, I would always add the value of every card and kept getting the same number, which I think was more mathematical probability than spiritual guidance. So I started subtracting and it gives me a lot more insight, and more possibilities.