reading at dryden fair 2014

HOLMES

as I look at the calender it shows I started in 2010 and 2012 was the third year so this must be the 5 year reading at the Dryden fair.

The difference this year was I decided to bring my gazebo to the fair so i can have some more privacy ,, and the people say my gazebo was too big to go inside so could I go outside the doors. I said it is the same price sure.. and so it was so.. lol.

I went yesterday by myself to set it up.. it was pretty hard for me to do it as I never hooked up the gazebo before,, the hardest thing was the ground seem to be concrete and the lady who set it up went and grabbed an hammer and hammered two pegs as far as they would go.
I also used my table from the pow wow as they didn’t' want their tables to go outside but they let me use two chairs.

Today my ride was late so i didn’t' go to the fair to about 445,, and get set up to about 515.. so I started my reading afterwards..
I read for my friend,, and my niece which were both good readings.

I read for lady whose friend i read for last year,, so i read this year for a one card reading and it was good.
The second reading i did after that was a 5 card reading for 25.. ..
and then there was two readings i did for two teenagers who were friends that stood out for me.

The first thing is they were very open energy wise..
so the psychic part i been practising before i do the reading was straight on as well.
The girl i saw singing,, was in a choir when she was young.. and the second time I practice,, i described when she was young she tried to share some gifts, like when a girl does paintings,, for a parent for example but at the time they were too busy to see them and she said yes that happened
and i saw the sun card for the past to let go, and i said you dreamed of fairies a lot when you were young and she said..
so with the sun,,i said she has this gift (tarot reading as i pointed at the tarot, ) but right now she has to focus on her working with her hands for now (pentacles crafts ) .

I just remembered reading for a lady who had the 7 card reading,, and the psychic part i did was seeing a grandmother energy,, and i shared that.. and she said “yes” she been thinking about her grandma a lot.

OHH yeas during the prayer part,, I figured /knew the girls didn’t' have their feet on the ground when they did it,, so I asked them to put both feet on the ground. It was important today when I don't think i remember asking someone to do that at the pow wow.

Hopefully tomorrow it will be great .

HOLMES

it was a good day

Hi guys

OK due to being outside i could stay to 11 pm,, when before I could stay only to pavilion closed which sometimes was 930.
which means at the last moment I achieved four readings which equalled an additional 100 dollars (5 readings which i would of missed out on ).
which made tonight a great night 1,, at least for me eh eh.

OK tarot wise ,, there was two tarot readings that didn’t' flow as well as I wanted..
the first was for a friend that for me reading about what could happen over the next year to be kind of vague

the second one was that it wasn't really negative,, it was just wasn't flowing with positiveness goodness that they were hoping for.. the person even commented “could it be negative for i am a negative person normally “ and as i looked at the soul message,, i offered that since we are talking about letting go of this in the future it is possible to change so you can be more trusting.. and we talked further on it.
As for the rest ,, I am happy to say the tarot cards were flowing well today. At least it seemed like it was.

So let me hit some of highlights of the day that I can remember

the first thing is there was a teenager exploring her spirituality with the more/Greek gods that she was leaving offerings so we explored the possibility of Wicca, and I shared what i knew about druidism, and also talked about past life’s where she was a medicine woman,, priestess , and in every life she had faith.

In one reading we talked about how depression is affecting the person and we talked about robin Williams and i shared my thoughts on how he had Parkinson which the person didn’t' know.. a teenager who was shocked about the situation aka his taking of his own life. So think we left the person feeling more postie.

There was a girl who I went to school with long ago,, and so it was a good reading as it seemed like everything I hit was full power torpedo. I share it for it was very fun.

Ohhh one reading we talked about career,, which every the nail so we went to the real question .. being medium gifted spirits being her ..so I shared what i knew about the subject,, and what paths she can take.

Now for the psychic part..

there was one part where it didn’t' work or so i thought,, i said she was thinking of travelling and moving,, and she said no.
Which actually made my face tingle,, so i must of turned red..
Then the tarot card was the world reversed for soul message afterwards so after talking a bit she agreed yes she wanted to travel .. and I said hmm.

Let me leave on the last reading then..
when i was shuffling the cards,, I saw dolphins and saw oceans, so i asked her what career did she want to go into,, and she said she didn't know ..
and I shared my impression,, and she lit up all over her face talking about how she wanted to swim with the dolphins.. and i realized as i said, “oh yes you don't have to be a marine biologist to go swimming with the dolphins eh eh “
so this adding of psychic part is still new to me before hand for example just because i saw dolphins, and the ocean didn't mean she wanted to be a marine biologist.

Ego wise,, the show ..

I have to share that it is quite entertaining, and ego blowing up to read for a person and their friend and them say that is so true,, omg .. there was three different readings with youth that went that route.. and the energy they put out with mirth and laughter was very good.
In other words it was very fulfilling that there was an other reason to be here besides money..
that perhaps for that moment it gave them an insight to a different world where reading the tarot was possible,, and perhaps magic.

Grizabella

I'm so glad you posted about this again! I always enjoy reading about it so much. I'm glad you had a good time. I miss going to powwows but my neighbor is a Native American man, too, and he's been wanting to go to some so maybe we'll pool our resources and be able to find one close enough to go to one of these days.

Is the festival going to continue on through the weekend? I hope you'll post about it each day and let us share your experience. :)

The psychic part you're beginning to experience is exciting, isn't it? I always love those times when it just comes to you so nice and clear, don't you?

Thank you again for sharing this with us. I always look forward to it.

re-pete-a

Holmes...

I'm happy for you ...

You have helped others and in so doing have helped yourself...Now that's working in service to others...

I'm also happy that your torpedo's hit their targets ...mostly...

Ain't that the way ...

Are you considering "SHARMAN" possibilities some time in the future....?

Water Lady

I really enjoyed reading this.

what deck do you use?

HOLMES

last day of fair

Ah yes...

first it ended today so I did readings for three days,, averging about 780 total ,, which i gave 165 to the fair for the booth,leaving me the rest.
Frankly as i did the reading i was surpised that it came up to that much.

In fact as i left the fair,, i thought i only did about 450 overall ,, and was little disappointed as it really slowed down the last day.. but if you think of 3 days of fair,, and today economy it was amazing to do that well.

I did notice a pattern,, it seemed that it would go patterns of my native brethern,, then patterns of teenage girls.. I don't recall reading for a man besides one who was repeat from last year.

Ok but first to the questions

water lady
when I read the tarot at the pow wow and fair,, I take my best tarot that i currently read it ,, which is beautiful tarot at least to me,, this year I took out the innerchild cards, the halloween tarot of the bag.. and tried to keep it focused..
while i kept most of my vampire tarots that I have,, i left out robert m vampire tarot last year for it was so big,, and for some reason despite loving the artwork,, it no longer resonated with me for reading that is.. i like to look at it now and then.

I have them in many differnt coloured bags made by very good friend.. which i lay out the cards themselves all over the table in the bags asking the person to pick the bag which attracts their eyes.
When I am done reading this deck,, i put the bag of cards into the bag as it makes space , but also i think that the energy used in the tarot is put way for the day.. what i mean by that if i use the same tarot over and over,, the energy or readings from before start to bleed into the current reading.

So I have the person pick the colour bag and go from there.. I used to have them look for the bags, and look at the cards til they found one they liked but over time i found it easier to just let them pick a bag.. and it has worked out well this year.

Grizabella

it actually been going on for a couple of years,, just that I tried to block it,, I told myself i was a tarot reader and not a psychic,, keeping myself limited to the tarot,, however during the year where i worked on people and shared my insight they seemed spot on,, so that encourage me to try it more this year.

Rete a peta

do you mean shamanism ? Like shamanic possiblities.. or more the sharman tarot you mean ?

Ok so to the day itself

it was a whirl wind of readings so it is kind of hard to remember.. so nothing is in order.

Well first the repeat is the man who returned this year.. he is sick, so I was touched when his son brought him through the door to my left and said “ we were looking for you “. and I even offered brief healing on his arm, knowing i lack the power to do much for him. He said at the end of it “try everything never know “.

oh the lady who sat down with her 12 year son, asked if i read children, and i looked at her and answered “if the parent is present “.
as a general rule i dont' read for children for they are so impressionable however i found myself remembering stories earlier that day about the young child at a fair seeking readings from readers and how it defined them. So with the parent approval i discussed the tarot reading with the little man.. and at the end the parent agreed the child was a dreamer. (in the native way a person who dreams visions, and see things in their dream ).

I was put on the spot sort to speak ,,
a 20ish woman asked for a reading of romance with her boyfriend right there.. as he laughed and smiled at her.. i said “are you sure “? and she said yes..
so I forget now how many cards she got.. all i remember was soul message was the 3 of swords reversed.. and when i shared that someone happend between them early in the relationship and it is still there and has to be worked though so you guys can heal and move forward .. when i said early in the relationship she said omg. And after i explained it,, she said “oh whew. “
ohhh yes,, i remember that at the beginning,, of the reading I said that this reading isn't about if it is going to work out.. for i saw him smile at you with love and you are asking this as confirmation of your relationship. , and that you met under unusal circumstances. To which she said yes.
For the psyhic part,, i had to ask,, what is your career path and she said xray..
and i said for i see hair,, ,, and she said that was her second career choice..
and so i didnt want to deflate xray dreams i mentioned after you get your xray degree you can pursue hair cutting afterwards so you can cut hair on the weekends.

Psychically speaking for a moment..

i found that if i tried to get a initial or name ,, it was blocking me for i almost always got it wrong.
I was more accurate with situations that it was scary once or twice and put goosebumps up for me.

Also in three incidents there was more medium messages..
1. there was a grandmother who was close still with the person.
2. There was a person who fought in the war who had passed and wanted them to know it had to be
3. and one lady who lost someone right,, that the message was that it wasnt' that they loved them,, as she wondered if he checks on her,, but that he wants to her know that he is proud of her,, very proud, and she got emotional and moved a tear.. as for me, i look right straight ahead as she regined composure after afterwards and the moment had passed.

What was interesting was that they didnt' ask for names or describe it but took it.
Of course the perfectionist virgo in me was saying i didnt' do enough,, didnt' get a name,, or a description. But the message and intent was clear.

The energy was differnt this year, I didnt get a skeptic but people who were open so it was an enjoyable weekend..

it left with me feeling my self worth . Oh wait..

there was a person who came with only 5 dollars for a reading,, but i turn them down,, for i already had the 10 dollar for one card so after he left,, i felt bad,, but i said for me,, i couldnt lower it any further ,, and my mom supported me agreeing.
But yes to my self worth,, even on the way home this spring i wans't reading much tarot doubting my tarot reading ability,, but now i feel high on the wind,, like i should pursue reading online again.. but this time with full force..

speaking of my mom,, for 7 years she been with me at the pow wow,, and 5 years at the fair. She told me that some people told me i was awesome,, and one native lady who left came back to her and said,, he is spooky in a good way..

oh while i am on the subject

i saw a friend and i said “are you going to get a pizza “? to which she said “how did you know iw as jsut talking to my daughter about getting a pizza “.
to which my niece looked at me and said “it's like you got powers “..
but let me explain..
there is a pizza concession stand 2 stalls down from me.. and when i saw her,, it made sense that she would want a pizza ,, , coincdence for i could of easily said how about popcorn,, or lemonade as they were right there as well. I had just finished a reading though so perhaps i was still in the mode.

oh before I forget the majority of people went for,, in fact everyone went for the shuffled deck of 1000 spreads insteads of the spreads I had written down, when I showed them so the last two hours I didnt' show any spreads, except for the last woman, who went with the deck of thousand spreads anyways.

Grizabella

I'm so happy for you that you had such a good amount of money after the fair! And also happy for you that your psychic abilities are increasing. I think Native Americans have a lot of psychic abilities just naturally, don't you? I think it's because of our spiritual beliefs and way of life that makes it easier for us to recognize them and accept them without being afraid of them.

You're developing a following at that fair now, aren't you? People coming back to you year after year as word is getting around that you're a good reader. That's really great. I hope it continues to go great for you.

re-pete-a

I'm happy that you are pleased with yourself...and that you covered your time handsomely.

It all helps one to cross that giant chasm of fixed beliefs...

As for that SHARMAN suggestion ...I got that you will be leaning towards that as you gain more awareness...So I meant sharmanism...not the sharman cards...

I also get "initiation" ceremony...

But that's a ways down the track yet...

Water Lady

SO very interesting, thank you for posting such detail.

angelika

oh before I forget the majority of people went for,, in fact everyone went for the shuffled deck of 1000 spreads insteads of the spreads I had written down, when I showed them so the last two hours I didnt' show any spreads, except for the last woman, who went with the deck of thousand spreads anyways.

Hi HOLMES - I was really interested in your posts and experiences. Could you explain to me what you mean by the few sentences of yours I have added here - the bit about the 'shuffled deck of 1000 spreads'. What is this? Also I am interested to know if you ask them what spread they want - your words suggest you do. Do you explain the spread?

Though I read tarot cards for myself and friends I have never actually been to a tarot reader - I do go every year to a lady who reads other cards, just not tarot. I really must find a good tarot reader and see how they go about it....