King of swords in relationships

nisaba

I think it could be that person isn't capable to feel but is capable to count and sees someone as good investment? Career oriented too. Faithful. But why? Because he loves? I don't think so. What else king of swords is like when in relationships?

I wouldn't necessarily agree with your first sentence. They feel.

But their real mastery is the mind. So they are the ones who like to be mentors to their partners and their children, they teach (even in the realm of love), that guide gently, they teach you to really see and analyse things so that you are less lost in the dark. They are deep thinkers. Relationshipos with them have to be about more than sex: they have to be about a meeting of the mind as well. That's why they are such fantastic spouses and partners. :)

Streamfinder

But their real mastery is the mind.

Exactly! The Kings are about mastery and functioning at the highest level. Also, they are not about a one-sided personality. I think the lower court cards are the ones that have not yet fully developed in their field element.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizabella

Certain people can find a decent King of Swords partner "just right", absolutely... But considering the OP's reaction to some of his traits, he's probably not a good match for her. ;)

That's a good point. It could very well be that he's just not right for her but would be right for someone else.

WhyWuh

Certain people can find a decent King of Swords partner "just right", absolutely... But considering the OP's reaction to some of his traits, he's probably not a good match for her. ;)

But this thread is not about ME. It's about KoS in relationships IN GENERAL. It's using tarot cards and not 'your readings' after all:)

I'll give proper feedback to all of these amazing insights in few hours when I'm no longer on my tablet but normal keyboard:)

iseekserendipity

Words I associate with the KoS are cartesianism, cerebral, analytical, rationalist... It's the person (if a person) that needs to understand the logic behind things.

This type of person doesn't just look at how it works, he/she needs to understand how something [element A] makes something else [element B] do what it does, if you will, so that he/she knows how to make it produce what he/she wants and when he/she wants.

I'd say this type of person could be really helpful in a crisis because they can keep a cool head and really try to stick to the facts and not get swayed by other things.

They can also be great judges/decision makers and make me think of the the judgement of King Solomon with the two mothers and the baby.

Specific to persona and in the context of relationships, I wouldn't say this person doesn't feel but rather that they can easily set their feelings aside to make the most rational/logical/"right" decisions.

They'd probably need to process things mentally before they decide how to act (and sometimes that can be quickly and others not - not all decisions can be rushed) and would be quite decisive and focused when they've decided.

They'd probably have a clear idea of what they think is right and wrong, true and false, etc.

In terms of sense of humor they'd definitely would use deadpan humor and dry wit (Oscar Wilde, Churchill's sense of repartee, etc.). I also associate it with that Seinfeld, very quick comeback sort of humor.

Not necessarily charismatic, can come off as aloof and standoffish, rather stern. If you watch Game of Thrones, I'm actually unsure if I see Lyanna Mormont as a more QoS or more KoS (she definitely acts as a leader, and an active one at that). If you don't, it's really a detail LOL I try to match personas I see on TV/in movies to archetypes, in part because those are particularly archetypey sometimes.

Definitely requires a meeting of the minds for bonds to have value. As well, probably, as a meeting of values/moral (I'd say that if you're in sync morally and in terms of value, you'll find someone quite loyal on the other side).

For what it's worth, my 2 rusty cents ;)

IndigoWaves

But this thread is not about ME. It's about KoS in relationships IN GENERAL. It's using tarot cards and not 'your readings' after all:)
As your "next boyfriend" card, of course this thread involves you. It wouldn't have been posted, otherwise:
Guys guys!! I keep getting him as my next boyfriend. Should I stay for awhile or start running for my life just right away? :D
...So it's important to consider how a King of Swords would likely react to you, and vice versa. He'd find attempts to conceal obvious intent quite irritating, for instance, even insulting, which would potentially lead to conflict. The "upright" ones are honest and expect the same from others.

WhyWuh

I don't think you all are giving the poor King of Swords a fair shake. Reversed, he'd be emotionally unavailable but upright, he's not so bad. A work-a-holic maybe but intellectually stimulating. And they say the world's best aphrodisiac lies between one's ears, so probably stimulating in some physical ways too. He'd be imaginative maybe. I don't think he'd be a good kisser, though. I'm not sure why that comes to my mind, but it just does.

If he were to be described by his hobbies and interests, I think he'd be great for the Society for Creative Anachronism, if that still exists. Or gaming online maybe. Or if any of you know what the Oregon Country Fair is, he might be into that for recreation.

So don't throw him out with the bath water. He can be really interesting and a cool guy, even if sex isn't his main interest. You can't stay in bed forever. Life is what happens the other 23 1/2 hours during the day, after all. Just because Swords primarily deal with something besides the bedroom, that doesn't mean the King of Swords can't love or be a good sex partner.
Grizabella omg that part of good kisser literally made me laugh. I hope that you're wrong on this. I truly need a person that kisses well as my ex wasn't that good in this. Ew. :D But it's nice to know that he has sharp mind. Me myself I fall in love with the full package only: good looks, kind heart and sharp mind. That's ultimate thing for me. Awesome.

Not always sneaky, just not typically an open guy. Okay, I do suspect sneakiness when I pull this card for a guy in relationships. Keep in mind, some of us develop personal takes on cards and that's how the cards speak to us. I'd look to other cards to see which of the K of Swords traits are being highlighted.
Not someone who wears his heart on his sleeve. Got it. But I hope he won't be completely unemotional as it will be hard for me. Me myself I'm queen of swords and queen of wands so even if I DO have sharp mind I can be fluffy and mushy as well.

In a relationship spread, I rarely see the court cards as actual people or personalities. With the king of swords, my interpretation would lean towards the concept of thought / action mastery. It may refer to either person in the relationship. The issue of the elements mastery is somehow playing a part in this relationship. The interpretation of what that issue is, is wholly dependent on its location in the spread.

Such an interesting point of view. Thank you.

But their real mastery is the mind. So they are the ones who like to be mentors to their partners and their children, they teach (even in the realm of love), that guide gently, they teach you to really see and analyse things so that you are less lost in the dark. They are deep thinkers. Relationshipos with them have to be about more than sex: they have to be about a meeting of the mind as well. That's why they are such fantastic spouses and partners. :)
But don't they miss tenderness and being fuzzy? Isn't it lonely to be so analythical all the time? Just wondering.

Exactly! The Kings are about mastery and functioning at the highest level. Also, they are not about a one-sided personality. I think the lower court cards are the ones that have not yet fully developed in their field element.

Agree on this

As your "next boyfriend" card, of course this thread involves you, too; it wouldn't have been posted, otherwise.
A King of Swords would find attempts to conceal obvious intent quite irritating, for instance, potentially leading to conflict. The "upright" ones are honest and expect the same from others.
I don't try to conceal obvious as (just as I said already) I'm both: QoS and QoW. So I understand perfectly where that sharp mindedness come from in swords court cards but as I'm wands as well I can't understand how mind and that detached sharpness exist without wishing to be sweet and fuzzy sometimes. Isn't it lonely?

IndigoWaves

I don't try to conceal obvious as (just as I said already) I'm both: QoS and QoW. So I understand perfectly where that sharp mindedness come from in swords court cards but as I'm wands as well I can't understand how mind and that detached sharpness exist without wishing to be sweet and fuzzy sometimes. Isn't it lonely?
Everyone gets lonely sometimes, but a Swordsy person enjoys thinking and analyzing, even to the point of forgetting about those around them.

Since people don't always see clearly how they come across to others, I don't put much weight into self-declared significators; they tend to show admired traits as often as embodied ones. A Queen of Wands carries wisdom and talents relating to her own suit, in any case, as do all the others; the Queen of Swords doesn't have a monopoly on intelligence, as there is more than one type. Every Queen is potentially sharp-minded regarding the affairs of her own domain.

WhyWuh

Everyone gets lonely sometimes, but a Swordsy person enjoys thinking and analyzing, even to the point of forgetting about those around them.

Since people don't always see clearly how they come across to others, I don't put much weight into self-declared significators; they tend to show admired traits as often as embodied ones. A Queen of Wands carries wisdom and talents relating to her own suit, in any case, as do all the others... The Queen of Swords doesn't have a monopoly on intelligence, as there is more than one type; every Queen can be "sharp" regarding the affairs of her own domain.

I'm lucky it's declared by others so I don't have to try and invent my own significator right? :p I see what you're doing here. Trying to bring me down for whatever reason. You try to bite me personally. But you know what? I couldn't care less. Nice try tho :D

IndigoWaves

I'm lucky it's declared by others so I don't have to try and invent my own significator right?
I had a feeling you'd say that very thing. :) Don't worry, I'll steer clear of your threads from now on; it's just been beating my head against a wall.