Most accurate deck you've used?

Issai

Thoth

I tried the Thoth, but I didn't really connect.

starlightexp

For me it's more about me being in th 'zone' then the deck I'm working with

Alta

For me it's more about me being in the 'zone' then the deck I'm working with
Yes, for me as well. I don't have a go-to deck, I just use whatever my current reading deck is. And if I am 'in the zone' as starlightexp says, any deck works well.
The Thoth always gives me very clear readings - I connect to its symbols very deeply which makes it easy to understand for me.
However, despite that the first part is quite true, when things are going pear shape I do head for the Thoth or its cousin Tabula Mundi.

Barleywine

When I was reading mainly for myself and a small circle of tarot-savvy friends, it was always the Thoth. Now that I've returned to professional reading after many years away from it, I'm finding that the RWS Centennial connects best with my average client. It also came out at the "top of the heap" (so far) in the "deck personality profile" face-off I've been doing for all my decks using this spread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=271911

Gwynydd

When I was reading mainly for myself and a small circle of tarot-savvy friends, it was always the Thoth. Now that I've returned to professional reading after many years away from it, I'm finding that the RWS Centennial connects best with my average client. It also came out at the "top of the heap" (so far) in the "deck personality profile" face-off I've been doing for all my decks using this spread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=271911

Do you ever feel that a reading goes better if the querent you're reading for connects with the deck? Because I've noticed that. My partner always wants me to use Wisdom of the Oracle (sorry to mention oracles in tarot thread, but that's all I will say about it), he seems to also really get animated if I read for him with the Morgan Greer and the Centennial. Those readings are also the most accurate for him. He likes the Centennial best of all, I think to a non-reader, they look really 'legit' to them, if that makes sense.

Wheel of Fantastic

With me it's any deck I connect with, whether that's because of the art or any other reason.
Sometimes, I stop connecting with a deck and I have difficulty reading with it.

Decks that used to be accurate but no longer:

Deviant Moon - loved the art but the art no longer does it for me.

Decks that are still accurate:

1970s Blue Box RWS - cardstock, colours and symbology. Plus, no copyright.
Bonefire Tarot - Very eye-catching art plus symbology, interesting take on RWS.
Albano Waite - it's about the colours man. Plus, symbology.
Giant Rider Waite ( printed in China) - symbology, cardstock, colours and SIZE.
Royal Fez Moroccan - understated art work, symbology, cardstock, psychedelic backs, strong slipcase (Rigel Press only)
Cosmic Tarot - symbology, 80s vibe, cardstock, Thoth meanings

Most of these are RWS based but they all maintain/have lots of symbology and strong yet simple/uncluttered artwork which makes it easy for intuition to kick in. Tarot Apokalypsis would be my example of a cluttered deck, love the artwork but can't read with it.

Shanachie05

Hanson-Roberts

I've always done well by the Hanson-Roberts deck. The imagery just makes sense for some reason.
I have other decks that have incredible artwork. But symbology-wise, it has always been Hanson-Roberts.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Eric in NJ

For me my go to deck if someone wants a non-frivolous reading is Thoth.

Now & forever, Thoth.

Eric.

Cocobird55

I've always communicated well with the Victorian Romantic. It opens up my intuition.

Barleywine

Do you ever feel that a reading goes better if the querent you're reading for connects with the deck? Because I've noticed that. My partner always wants me to use Wisdom of the Oracle (sorry to mention oracles in tarot thread, but that's all I will say about it), he seems to also really get animated if I read for him with the Morgan Greer and the Centennial. Those readings are also the most accurate for him. He likes the Centennial best of all, I think to a non-reader, they look really 'legit' to them, if that makes sense.

It's hard to tell how engaged my clients are with the cards because they're mainly paying attention to me and what I'm saying, while I'm focused intently on the spread. I've had a few who take an interest in specific cards and ask questions, but not many. I try to anticipate their questions and stay ahead of them with my explanations, which seems to satisfy their curiosity.