Buddha tarot

NaterXander

I'm new to tarot, so forgive me if this is a really stupid question, but I would love to have the Buddha tarot deck, but the only place I can find it for sale is on Amazon and it's $65.00. That seems crazy high to me. Or are tarot decks naturally expensive commodities like that? Is it something that's out of print, or between prints, or never being sold again? Like I said, I'm new at this and I don't really know how these things work. Thanks for your help.

illyria

Hi, NaterXander, and welcome to AT!

The rarer decks go for higher prices, and if they're out of circulation, shops and resellers tend to offer them at a hefty price tag.

I got my Buddha tarot at a more expensive price on eBay, I think. Not that expensive, but not $65. But I don't often see this deck around.

If you became a subscriber on AT, you'd be able to access the Trade Forum, and a member here might have one for sale that's cheaper.

CharlotteK

I got one recently from ebay (UK) for a very reasonable price, but it came without a box or a LWB, and I think some explanations and background would be helpful with this deck, so I've just paid quite a bit of money for a second hand copy of Robert Place's companion book. There are quite a few mentions of Buddha Tarot in the 'decks you wish you hadn't bought' and 'unreadable decks' threads. So I'm guessing there are probably members with this deck in their collection that don't use it. Someone may be prepared to let it go if you ask on the Trading Forum, but as it's not very easily replaceable, I think it will always command a premium.

NaterXander

Thanks both of you for the help and information. I'll keep searching and see if I can find it elsewhere or see if anyone here is offering to sell theirs.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

...see if I can find it elsewhere or see if anyone here is offering to sell theirs.
As mentioned earlier, you would need to become a Subscriber in order to access the Tarot Trading forum. More info can be found at Upgrade & support us too! Any trades/sales done outside of the Tarot Trading forum would be done at each party's risk. Aeclectic can only provide some degree of support for transactions done in Tarot Trading.