Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks (Expanded Thread)

Cassandra022

mm, i had no problems with unevenness with my aquarian trimming...but i used the newer edition with the white borders on the backs, and used those as a guide to trimming top and bottom and image edges for trimming the sides?

anyway, yours came out looking great anyhow gryffinsong....also really love the hanson roberts trim :0

and yes, its now become like...i get a new deck and my first though after oogling the images is - can i trim this?

or there are certain potential future purchases where I KNOW the first thing i'd do is trim...like my first impulse is to trim unless the deck presents a strong reason for why not to. addictive indeed :p

MoonGypsy

aurarcana said:
As if this thread needed another trimmed Duidcraft. But, I might as well.

The photo is taken at an angle so some due to the annoying camera flash; all of the cards are the same exact size.

I trimmed the borders (inner and outer) and the titles off. It's lovely now.

Trimmed image is here.

Oh Aurarcana/N!!! :D Your DruidCraft came out fantabulous! Wowee Zowee! i think i may get another DC! i would love to have one trimmed to the bone like that!!!
Hugs and Blessings,
MGxxx

GryffinSong

aurarcana said:
...My next project is the Light and Shadow Tarot....

Ooh, I look forward to seeing that! I've thought about trimming mine, so would love to see how yours come out. I've colored a bunch of mine. Have you left all yours b&w?

I'm pleased to hear there's a newer aquarian that would trim better. Mine's pretty ancient. Perhaps someday I'll buy the newer one to trim down, but for now these'll do. :)

GryffinSong

I couldn't help myself. I trimmed one of my RWS decks tonight. I have to admit it was fun. I haven't felt drawn to this deck in quite some time, so trimming it gave me some up close and personal time. I found myself appreciating some of the little details that I had forgotten about (or not noticed) before.

Attachments

• rws trimmed.jpg
    rws trimmed.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 782

Cassandra022

that looks a lot better than rws usually do (lol can you tell i'm not a huge fan?), much more bold/images and colors stand out nicely :]

GryffinSong

LOL, yeah, RWS isn't my favorite either. There are a few cards I like, and it was my first deck, so there's a little bit of nostalgia about it.

I finally got around to trimming the awful borders off my Voyager....

Attachments

• trimmed voyager.jpg
    trimmed voyager.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 618

Chiska

GryffinSong said:
LOL, yeah, RWS isn't my favorite either. There are a few cards I like, and it was my first deck, so there's a little bit of nostalgia about it.

I finally got around to trimming the awful borders off my Voyager....

Very nice!! I might do that next. The Voyager borders are so distracting from the cards. Is that a 1st edition voyager? I don't know if the 2nd are any better.

GryffinSong

Chiska said:
Very nice!! I might do that next. The Voyager borders are so distracting from the cards. Is that a 1st edition voyager? I don't know if the 2nd are any better.

The little book that came with it (about a quarter inch thick) has a copyright date of 1986 and says second edition revised. I assume that refers to the deck too, but am not sure. I would imagine that I bought it in the late eighties or early nineties, but I don't remember exactly when I got it. I didn't see any copyright information on the cards themselves. I checked while I was trimming them. They do look so much better without the distracting borders and keywords.

ETA: Trimming also brought them down to a manageable size. :)

IdleAberration

I saw you didn't have it, so I thought I'd post a trimming I just finished. The Heart of the Faerie Oracle, no borders & no titles, I did for someone and they just love it so here it is, and then a Before and After shot.

It was enormous and now it can actually be shuffled. They had also said that the names really didn't lend themselves to the meanings, and that the numbers were too dominant on the card (they thought of the cards as #43 instead "Lord of the Flies, Master of the small and annoying", for example).

In a few days I'm due to get the Dark Grimoire tarot, which I plan to trim so I'll post that as well when I get around to it. I still haven't figured out exactly how I'll cut it but it's so addicting to do. I also trimmed my RW, but no one needs another picture of that.