The Easiest Way to Learn Tarot-Ever!! Exercise 3 - What Do You 2 Have in Common?

3ill.yazi

(page 22 in the book)

This one is structurally the same as Exercise 2, with people pulling pairs, but this time we try to call out quickly what the cards have in common.

Again, we're only using the minor arcana "study deck."

I'll start.

THREE OF CUPS & ACE OF SWORDS

Hm. In both the line of sight is drawn upwards, in celebration or demonstration. I believe the women are wearing laurels in their hair (or garlands including laurels) similar to the laurels hanging off the sword.

Harperhaven

Are we responding to your 2 cards or are we drawing our own?

3ill.yazi

Sorry I wasn't clear. Draw your own, like in exercise 2.

3ill.yazi

TWO OF COINS AND TEN OF COINS

both have matters balanced and up I the air. And there's something fairly serious in the background stealing our attention.

Pam O

Just getting this info up closer to the top of this thread.
Here is more info Dusty posted with more info, instructions and intriguing examples of card combo comparisons and contrasts:

http://easytarotlessons.com/card_blendings.html

RWS

5 of swords & 10 of cups.
Well, both these cards have a common theme of multiple people interacting.
Both also have bodies of water in the back ground.

Harperhaven

10 OF WANDS and 10 OF PENTACLES

Both are #10. Both have a house/home in the background.
In both, the man has his back to us.

3ill.yazi

NINE OF SWORDS & ACE OF PENTACLES

Erm. Um. Both exhibit powerful motion/pointing to the right (east?). Both include a motif of red flowers (roses?) in the background/details. Both feature hands in the act of cupping.

3ill.yazi

EIGHT OF WANDS & EIGHT OF CUPS

Both again involve movement, and in the same direction. Both imply some action or goal which is happening offscreen. There are both lines of alignment and misalignment in the arrangement of the wands and the cups. Both feature a body of water, possibly a river, and an outcropping of rock in the distance.

Pam O

3 of Pents & Q of Pents

GREY is the 1st thing I noticed in the 3... lots of grey. I wonder if there will be grey in the 2nd card?
Sure enough, there is the matching grey in the Q's throne. It feels like the cinder block walls and the throne are created from concrete poured into molds. So, I would ask if something has been molded a certain way? Something that has now become very solid. Next, I would ask if this solid molding is beneficial, or not!

The MUSTARD YELLOW now catches my attention, and that reminds me of something about the power and strength of the mustard seed. I remember there is some kind of significant legend associated with the mustard seed... Maybe it is a religious story? I seem to remember there is reference to the strength and tenacity of a tiny mustard seed...

ETA: I thank Dusty White for coming up with these exercises.
They are quite mind expanding.

3ill.yazi

FIVE OF WANDS AND PAGE OF WANDS

Um, wands. :) Blue skies, though in my deck the 5 is a little bluer.

The page doesn't seem to be any one of the guys fighting/dancing in the 5. One of them has the same colored tights and boots as he, but a different one has his hair, another one has a hat, but of a different color, and nobody seems to have his cape or pomegranate blouse.

They also have much bigger wands than him. Ahem.

But then he dwarfs the pyramids/mountains in the background.