"your name" spread

lunalafey

I did this spread last night-
AMAZING!
It came out of the book Heart of Tarot by Amber K & Azrael Arynn K

The instructions did not quite fit the diagram of the name they used as an example- something about row one when it seems like they are refering to row two?? I don't know-lol-
anyone who has this book I'm sure knows what I'm takling about.
It is possible I was just not reading it right & no matter how many times I read it, I was stuck on my first take-
any way- I did this spread how I felt it should have been done- the reading was absolutly stunning-
You use your whole name, giving a card to every letter.
Your first name is divided into 3 parts- past- present & future.
the three sections should be balanced...
let's say the name is TOM..T=past; O=present M=future,
now tom is actully short for Thomas, in that case it is divided as
TH-OM-AS.
if there is an odd number, like my name, my present section had 3 cards & outters had 2. This is what I mean by balance.
The middle name is done in the same manner-
the 3 sections representing; obsticals-self-allies
the last name gets divided into 5 sections- it is said that if there are not enough cards to add the 2 or 3 needed.
In most cases {unless you have a REALLY long name} there will be one card for section 1-2-4 & 5, with 2 or three in the middle.
{if you try this spread & have trouble dividing the last name- PM me}
the meanings of the cards in those 5 sections are
body-mind-spirit-emotions-will

When I did this spread last night, the cards sang a song- I have not studied all the cards deeper but the initial view and the connections & placement of the cards was beyond words.

miss_apples

This spread sounds so cool...I cant wait to try it when I have a quiet moment to myself!

Aura Wolf

That sounds great, lunalafey. I'm going to try it right now :)

Esther

I'll have to try that tonight. It sounds like a really nice spread.

Moonbow

Hi Luna

My name is very short and I don't have a middle name either - does this matter? It seems a whole bunch of the spread will be missing (obstacles, self, allies)

M*

lunalafey

no middle name-
use a card for each representation

SongDeva

Confused

So, If I were to do "LARA"...

I'd do something like:

LX - AR- AX? With Six cards?

(trying to let go of my cerebral side, but it clings!)

Aura Wolf

Luna--

Just wanted to say I tried this spread last night on my boyfriend, and it was amazing! I left a page for each part of the name, and then a page of notes afterwards and it was very interesting and insightful. I just want to make sure I did it right...

His first and middle names are both six letters, so I divided them evenly-- XX/XX/XX. His last name was only 4 letters long so I just added the extra card on the end...like this-- X/X/X/X/_. Is that right, or did I divide wrong? Are any extra cards supposed to go on the end or just in the middle?

Also, like in your example, if the last name was 9 letters for example, would it be arranged like this-- XX/XX/X/XX/XX or would it be, like you explained it, just one card for each and the rest in the middle-- X/X/XXXXX/X/X. If so I did it wrong, I just divided as evenly as I could and put any extras in the middle. It seems strange to group all the extras in one position...

Sorry if this is confusing at all, I'm just wondering! The way I did it seemed to work really well...

ol_crazy_Legs

VERY VERY NICE!!! Considering I have 2 middle names :)

lunalafey

two middle names- put them together in the middle row.
won't that be some work if the names are long. My middle hild has two middle names equaling 12 letters- not too bad.

Originally posted by Dead Star
His last name was only 4 letters long so I just added the extra card on the end...like this-- X/X/X/X/_. Is that right, or did I divide wrong? Are any extra cards supposed to go on the end or just in the middle?

extra card at the end is right.

if the last name was 9 letters for example, would it be arranged like this-- XX/XX/X/XX/XX or would it be, like you explained it, just one card for each and the rest in the middle-- X/X/XXXXX/X/X. If so I did it wrong, I just divided as evenly as I could and put any extras in the middle. It seems strange to group all the extras in one position...

as the instructions in the book are lacking in details & clarity-
I believe the idea is to divide the sections as evenly as possible.
So your first example is how I would have done it.....or.....
X/XX/XXX/XX/X

I was unsure when I did my reading because of the explination in the book- but I 'looked' at it both ways and the way I did it first- worked better