Tabula Mundi Minors: Show me the decans poll

Tabula Mundi Minors: Show me the cards of...

• Decans of Aries: Two, Three and Four of Wands, Queen of Wands; Prince of Disks (shadow)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Decans of Taurus: Five, Six and Seven of Disks, Prince of Disks; Knight of Swords (shadow)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Decans of Gemini: Eight, Nine and Ten of Swords, Knight of Swords; Queen of Cups (shadow)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Decans of Cancer: Two, Three and Four of Cups, Queen of Cups; Prince of Wands (shadow)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Decans of Leo: Five, Six and Seven of Wands, Prince of Wands; Knight of Disks (shadow)

• Decans of Virgo: Eight, Nine and Ten of Disks, Knight of Disks; Queen of Swords (shadow)

• Decans of Libra: Two, Three and Four of Swords, Queen of Swords; Prince of Cups (shadow)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Decans of Scorpio: Five, Six and Seven of Cups, Prince of Cups; Knight of Wands (shadow)

• Decans of Sagittarius: Eight, Nine and Ten of Wands, Knight of Wands; Queen of Disks (shadow)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Decans of Capricorn: Two, Three and Four of Disks, Queen of Disks; Prince of Swords (shadow)

• Decans of Aquarius: Five, Six and Seven of Swords, Prince of Swords; Knight of Cups (shadow)

• Decans of Pisces: Eight, Nine and Ten of Cups, Knight of Cups; Queen of Wands (shadow)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Padma

Even in Rider Waite Smith, Pamela's depictions of the bound woman of the Eight (Interference), the nightmare of the Nine (Cruelty) and the stabbed dude of the Ten of Swords (Ruin) are no picnic for Gemini - they are based on the same structure; as RWS is Golden Dawn. Poor Gemini! But the I hope you will like the design and different interpretations, of those and especially of the courts of Gemini, as I said I tried to put in some extra effort for Gemini :)

:love:

(ETA re Golden Dawn - as I said, I plead ignorance! ;) The cards speak well to me, but though I read well, I have no extensive background on the history of...pardon me! ;) )

Spiffo

I went with Cancer, birth sign and almost every other bloody planet is in it too, even my Moon. More importantly though congratulations on being on the home stretch. I just can't begin to imagine how huge the work must be to fully realise a Tarot deck. I am awe. Thank you.

Babalon Jones

:love:

(ETA re Golden Dawn - as I said, I plead ignorance! ;) The cards speak well to me, but though I read well, I have no extensive background on the history of...pardon me! ;) )

No worries and you need no background to read these. ;)
What background anyone has, will work too. ;)

Babalon Jones

I went with Cancer, birth sign and almost every other bloody planet is in it too, even my Moon. More importantly though congratulations on being on the home stretch. I just can't begin to imagine how huge the work must be to fully realise a Tarot deck. I am awe. Thank you.

That is a lot of Cancer Spiffo! Bet you are quite psychic, but it can't be easy.
Thank you and it is a rather immersing amount of work. But I like it!

Babalon Jones

Does anyone else think it is amusing that Aries is leading on here? Of course they are! })

But I am also collecting votes on my website and getting them via peoples emails, so I don't think Aries is leading in total. Will have to tally them all up and see!

Babalon Jones

Just did a quick tally...Aries and Sag are in the lead. Go fire! And poor Pisces is in last place. But there is not much difference between first and last. We need more votes. 14 days to go...

mauvedragon

Decans of scorpio. I want to see the seven of cups. Also my partner is a scorpio

rachelcat

Hi! I voted for Leo. I want to see the 7 of Wands and the Knight of Disks. (My Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Uranus are in Leo, too, so why not!)

Babalon Jones

I am going to shamelessly bump this once in a while, because it won't be valid unless enough people weigh in. Makes no sense really if there is only a one or two vote difference between all the choices. But I am not surprised, as we all want the same thing and that is something different :joke:

If there are not enough poll responders for a valid sample I guess I will try to find another method of choosing which to post. But for now, there is still time, so cast your vote and if there is a particular card you want to see post it in the comments. If no favorites emerge will do what I can to provide a good sampling that includes some of each element or one of each sign and a couple of each court. And maybe a few decans in whole so you can see how they relate.

Maybe I should have polled for individual cards but that would have been too many choices. Or maybe it should have been multiple choice as this way choosing is too hard right? I am learning! I could do a different poll but don't want it to be confusing or to be an attention hog.
edited to add or it could mean that no one gives a shite, just post em haha

Babalon Jones

well, not giving up yet but hoping more will choose a decan as there needs to be more people choosing to get a valid sample.

and if this does not work any ideas? another poll? was the decan method too confusing?

maybe I just post at least one of each decan and court? maybe I should just post them all but with line drawings I would think probably more easy to pirate. plus I hoped for some to be a surprise.

anyway onward. hope to work on princesses this weekend. home stretch on the black and white version!