Hail & Farewell Party

chrisam-crystals

well it is 8am here and i have just sneaked a bit of the "hair of the dog" from the bar in the corner......:D

all hail to kilty, and farewell to major......better stick around though, mate. ;)

jue xx

WolfSpirit

Major Tom ~ thanks for moderating for so long, and I toast thee a farewell that is not really farewell :CL

Kilts_Knave ~ hail to thee and the best of luck with moderating :CL

OK that is two drinks already :party: more will follow :party:

Major Tom

Marion said:
That's lovely, though to quickly correct something, kilts_knave is a *he*, not a *she*. :)

Whoops! I do apologise. :|

LixiPixi said:
Gives Major Tom a kind hug and kiss on the cheek

Thank you for the hug and kiss. I love impulsive pixies...

Umbrae and Alissa - thanks for your kind words.

kilts_knave said:
Is there an alcky-haul free beer over there?

One of the wonderful things about cyber-bars is they carry whatever your heart desires. Please help yourself to what you want.

*Raises glass and swallows a bit of brownie*

Memries - Is that bikini legal? :bugeyed:

Keigh, MeeWah, Baroli, chrisam-crystal & WolfSpirit - a toast to kilts_knave!

Mimers

A Welcome and a thank you to Kilts Knave for stepping up!

To Major Tom, much heartfelt thanks for all the years of service. I can only imagine the time it takes to manage these forums and I greatly appreciate it. Not just the time but also the flack you have to endure as well. Thank you!!!!

Mimi

baba-prague

Raises a glass of fairy moondew cocktail - creme de cacao mixed with cream, Irish whisky and a dash of cherry liqueur - white chocolate flakes on top (you said we could have anything we wanted, right? I decided to go for it!) and proposes a toast to Tom for his years of work on this forum.

Hail K_K. Farewell Tom - though I hope you will still be around.

Rosanne

It's nearly Pumpkin hour here in the South Pacific- so I am rushing in and out of this party to relay a wee snippet of Humour. When I first joined the forum I told my family about some of the things that impressed me. One was you Tom. I said "there's this guy who Welcomes you as a New Member, he is very consistent and never misses his Welcome as far as I can see; He must stay up all hours and scan to make people feel as if they have been noticed- now thats dedication!"
It was only at the start of 2006 that I made the mental connection of moderator and Welcoming :D
Now thats what I call moderating- unobstrusive and Welcoming.
Here's to Kilts Knave and the following of the same tradition. Enjoy!
In this changing of the guard- I wish you well Tom in your busy life and may Papa Toad be all that you want it to be! ~Rosanne

Kiama

It's a good time of year for endings and beginnings. As the old passes away (not that I'm calling you old, Major Tom!) and the new arrives, it's traditional in my house to raise a horn of the finest mead (Lindisfarne of course!) and toast to both.

Wassail!!

Good health to you both - Major Tom in whatever new things life brings you now that you have one less thing to worry about, and Kilts_Knave to his future as a moderator on this fine forum.

Blessings,

Kiama *Downing her horn of mead*

TemperanceAngel

Much love to you :D

rachelcat

Tom and Kilty, thank you both for making this a great place to hang out!

Here, everyone, have some warm from the oven orange-cranberry scones and piping hot earl grey! Mmmm! (Wow, this bar really does have everything!)