The Haunted House Spread

Dolphin_Dreamer

The Haunted House -- I revised the song by David Gray a bit. This spread focuses on the house it's connection to you or another person and their/its connection to you rather than the other way around. This isn't so much a spread that investigates the ghosts that haunt the house (it's more to be about the house, a vision or a place) but it can be tweaked so that it is and a lot of information can be gleaned by the questions that are asked. This spread also is the twist that usually only puts ppl in past lives and clarifies objects and surroundings as it asks if you have a past life with the house, not the people. This spread is also about how to prove your own beliefs to you, not the media, society or the rest of the world.

1. Have YOU ever BEEN - You and your past with this house- my idea with this question is more of present day and mundane details ie given to you, bought it etc
2. to A HAUNTED HOUSE? - House and it's past or maybe it's just the land it's on - this one has a wider range and can be thought of in many ways... my original thought is it's past-life history with you if there is one, but it merely can be a basic idea of the history of the house ie. it's uses in the past. You could also lay some more cards after the rest of the cards have been investigated...
3. BET YOU have! - this is the common situation that confirms a past-life connection with ... someone/thing and then to you (the repetitive actions?)
4. a place you didn't understand -- what you need to understand or what you aren't (about the house and hopefully show about the ghostly occupants?) - this also might indicate the lessons you might need to learn in relation to the above card
5. a place that frightened you -- what really is frightening you
6. Did you SEE? - What you need to see to prove it's haunted
7. Did you HEAR? - what you need to hear to confirm it
8. Did you THINK? - how you need to think to authenticate it
9. think back to a time - the history of the house that you can (major - usually includes a stronger basis of one or more of the minors) (pent) see, (cups) feel, (wands) sense, (swords) hear
10. to a place where you felt you had been before - why it feels familiar
11. but couldn't understand why you felt that way - why you aren't understanding it..
12. De'ja' voo - Other abilities you have the ghost/house uses with you (ie showing visions, telling stories, songs, music) to communicate or relay info
13. Do you SEE how it collides with R E A L I T Y? - further investigations needed?

Basic card energies I used for this spread – intuitive/spiritual=wands and MA, intellectual=swords, emotional=cups, physical or material aspects=Pentacles

Cards 6, 7, and 8 are sort of a mini ‘yes/no’ within the spread. Depending on your question, it is intended to give you a yes or no (in light of the cards drawn) to the question asked.

I have used this spread on other people for various reasons (and tweaked it for the purposes required) and IMHO they came out very well..

PS: To moderators, some links to a few of the spreads, including "Stuck in the Middle with you" do not go to the spreads they are supposed to..

Loewenzahnhexe

Hello,

I like this spread verry much. Could you please tell me, in what shape you lay out the cards?

Best wishes
Tanja

Dolphin_Dreamer

Hi Loewenzahnhexe

I realized later that I had forgotten that, I did have one but I think it's on my other computer, I will either look harder for it or make up another layout for it...

I will get back to you later...

Thank you

Loewenzahnhexe said:
Hello,

I like this spread verry much. Could you please tell me, in what shape you lay out the cards?

Best wishes
Tanja

Dolphin_Dreamer

OK this may be hard to post, a pic of it would have been easier lol
Code:
 1   2   3
   4\ 5/
 6   7   8
   9\ 10/
11  12  13

Cards 1, 2 and 3 are laid out in a straight line, as are 6, 7, 8 and 11, 12, 13. Cards 4 & 5 and 9 & 10 are laid out as an X, not as a conflict nor elaboration, but rather as joint views (?). I made the layout this way because of the groupings and how those particular cards inter-relate.

Hope this helps

Loewenzahnhexe

Hello DolphinDreamer,

so much thanks, I give that a try.

Best wishes
Tanja