Does the Queen of Cups look angry to you?

lunagoddess_66

She is supposed to look serene and at peace, but the more I look at the card the angrier she looks to me.

love.actually

I used to think she looked discontent or sullen. But now the more I look at her, the more lost in thought and contemplative she looks. She looks like someone who would feel everything deeply. I don't know how else to explain it but she gives off a watery, receptive vibe! :)

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, lunagoddess_66!

I never noticed that before. But looking at her, she seems to be intently staring at the ornate chalice she holds, almost as if she's trying to see through it. But I can see how in the right circumstances I could interpret that as being angry.

You can find a number of already indexed threads on this card in this post in the Forum Index at the top of the forum.

Rodney

Rosanne

I thought before you go looking in the indexed threads that have been wonderfully collated by Rodney I would pass a little info on to you.
I do no think in the RWS this Queen looks angry- but I have read that in old French playing cards there are the words La foy est perdue which mean 'Faith or Trust is lost'.

~Rosanne

Apollonia

I tend to see her differently in different contexts, but yes, at times I have thought she looks angry or perturbed, almost as though she has just given that cup a good shake and is saying to herself, "This thing never works right."

Amanda

Yes actually, I see it now that you say it. It looks like she's got a mean eyebrow and her mouth line does a little bit of a downward curve thing- so yes, she does look kind of mean.

poivre

Rosanne said:
'Faith or Trust is lost'.

Never could figure out what her expression is all about.
I use the Queen of Cups as a Pisces woman. I have many Pisces
in my life and everytime this card comes into a reading, I cannot
read her face.
With the Queens I know, I feel they do not have "Faith or Trust" strong
enought to really believe in faith or trust. This bothers me because I
read the Pisces can be the most spiritual sign of the zodiac.

Yes, the Queen looks confused to me. She's like a big bowl of water
that wants to be solid and can't hold still, but so placid??? :confused:

poivre

Apollonia said:
I tend to see her differently in different contexts, but yes, at times I have thought she looks angry or perturbed, almost as though she has just given that cup a good shake and is saying to herself, "This thing never works right."

Their "Faith and Trust" is lost...makes sense! :)

Cups = water
When water is contained, it is secured.
Water is free flowing it is nuturing the earth and spreads.

Would this Queen look perturbed because she does not feel secure or
in some kind of a comfort zone? She's not comfortable?

Rosanne

As I said I do not think she is angry. I think she is myopic- she appears to be reading or listening to the Cup- maybe if she had glasses on she would be peering over the top of the rims at the picture on the Cup.

In fact a little schoolmarmish - The water is swirling around her feet, or the tide is coming in and she is saying to the Cup "Hey did you do this?" or "this is not part of the plan" "I am not at all feeling safe here"

To much Water because Faith or Trust has been lost.

~Rosanne

BrooklynRider

This is the first time I've focused on her. I get a feeling of "pensive" and "disappointed".