The Star as an obstacle?

Tarot Orat

I'm trying to interpret a reading where the Star appears in an "Obstacle" position. This is the best I could do with it:

- Being overly idealistic and optimistic; being naive.

- Going into the situation all starry-eyed and not realizing that isn't realistic.

- Thinking "Things will go fine and I don't have to do any work to get a good outcome."

- Not considering negatives, or even refusing to think anything negative is possible.

What other ways could the Star be seen as an obstacle instead of a benefit? I feel like I'm just scratching the surface here.

ana luisa

Placing too much hope on something that is CLEARLY unattainable
Too much wishful thinking and not enough action.
Not down-to-earth enough. (It's all very nice to gaze at the stars but you just do that, you'll eventually step on dog poo :D)
Not being grateful for what you have and aiming way too high
Feeling too small and worthless

PAMUYA

You are putting all your hopes on what you wish for the future, letting today just slip by.

nicky

Dreaming it will happen without doing the work needed

canid

Yeah, waay far into the future. Or just the standard Rx'd meanings: being frivolous, stubborn, arrogant. Disappointment, instability. Hey, it COULD refer to a physical storm happening...

Tiggy-cat

Misplaced optimism is what comes to my mind, and definitely all the meanings everyone has indicated here.

queenxofxwands

Distance. From whatever it is you are desiring

REsubmerged

Distance. From whatever it is you are desiring

This has been what I've experienced with this card. Distance and perspective. Rather the opportunity for perspective.

LeFou

Star can indicate astrology. So as an obstacle, it might say, "Do you understand your chart?" It's best to flow -with- the energies mindfully, rather than heedlessly, needlessly -against- them.

You might then have an "a-ha" moment, where you can breathe and relax, because Star brings enlightenment, clarity, focus, perspective. "A-ha, so -that's- why it's been such a struggle, okay! I'm going to try doing the opposite, and see if that works better!" And it probably will. Because Star is a guide.

P.S. If nothing else, go outside at night and look at the Stars.

Tarot Orat

Thank you all for your insights! There are definitely some things here that I wouldn't even have thought to consider.

The idea of too much distance resonates especially well right now. I do need to keep things in perspective and not think too much about the far-distant future, or things that might never come to pass. And letting the everyday world around me fall aside while I"m daydreaming is definitely something I need to be careful of!

I don't know a lot about astrology but it's one of those things I keep meaning to study more, so I will look into that as well. If it's clear tonight, I'll go up on the roof and see if there's anything to see amidst the urban light pollution!