Advice on LBRP

Barleywine

I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, just that it may not be especially fruitful for the reason closrapexa stated. The apparent miscommunication in this thread seems like a case in point.

foolMoon

I wasn't saying anyone in particular did forbid discussion, but just was making points in general :)

I think my point was, ok each and everybody could have their own definition of true will, but also one's own choice to adopt an adept's definition should not be regarded as meaningless. I feel it is my point which is totally missed.

It wasn't me who strayed into Will and Book of Thoth discussion either. I was just keep responding to follow-ups, although my original post was on 'Advice on LBRP' :)

Zephyros

But an Adept's definition isn't better than anyone else's, because it isn't everyone's Will to be an Adept...

Tanga

I have been reading with great interest. :)

Just to say - for anyone who is in the vicinity of London, UK - and is just exploring this - I would recommend the workshops on the LBRP and The Middle Pillar Ritual at Treadwells bookstore in Bloomsbury. They may even give advice if you contact them for information by telephone or email. They're very friendly in there.

I'm a simple hedgewitch - so detailed ceremonial structures are well over my head - but I have been to these workshops :thumbsup: and I do have my own personal ritual structure which includes ideas of Will, banishing/re-setting the space/protection, grounding, purifying etc.

foolMoon

But an Adept's definition isn't better than anyone else's, because it isn't everyone's Will to be an Adept...

To me, it doesn't matter what everyone's will is. What matters is my will to follow the adept for the time being, and so should be everyone's - whatever reason or cause made them to choose their own true will, whatever it is, should be matter to them.

And will evolves through time ... I don't know what my definition of will will be tomorrow, next year or even tonight :)

foolMoon

I have been reading with great interest. :)

Just to say - for anyone who is in the vicinity of London, UK - and is just exploring this - I would recommend the workshops on the LBRP and The Middle Pillar Ritual at Treadwells bookstore in Bloomsbury. They may even give advice if you contact them for information by telephone or email. They're very friendly in there.

I'm a simple hedgewitch - so detailed ceremonial structures are well over my head - but I have been to these workshops :thumbsup: and I do have my own personal ritual structure which includes ideas of Will, banishing/re-setting the space/protection, grounding, purifying etc.

Thank you Tanga :) Great to know - I think a big city like London would be much more exciting for CM and Occult studies with more groups and people interested in the practice. I am at very far up quiet north.

But next time when I am in London sometime in the future, will try contacting them and you for tour of the ritual workshops :)

Aeon418

And yet the same Will that flows through the Adept also flows through you, me, and everyone else. It's a bit like the way the same electricity powers all of your household appliances. And just like the Will, how that electricity manifests depends upon the nature of the appliance.

At the level of Chokmah the Will is Universal, impersonal, and undifferentiated. But at the level of Geburah it 'interfaces' with the individual. That's where it becomes specific and personal. It is the interaction between the impersonal Will force and the constitution of the individual that gives rise to the True Will. Unfortunately most of us are constituted in such a way that we present a lot of resistance to the Will. This doesn't necessarily negate the Will, but it's path of expression through the individual is often .... inefficient. Just like water finding it's level, if it has to, it will go around multiple obstacles and obstructions on it's way down.

Our personality-selves usually present that sort of obstacle course to the Will. And this one reason why the 'apparently' upside down Hanged Man is one of the emblems of the Adept and the Lamp of the Master.

Sorry for going a bit OT.

Tanga

Thank you Tanga :) Great to know - I think a big city like London would be much more exciting for CM and Occult studies with more groups and people interested in the practice. I am at very far up quiet north.

But next time when I am in London sometime in the future, will try contacting them and you for tour of the ritual workshops :)

:) That will be a welcome diversion for me. Any excuse to explore more of Occult London!