10 of Pents as advice??

WolfSwan

Another weird card to get in an advice position - unless I just don't understand the card!

10 Pents is about family inheritance, wealth, establishing firm family roots, material security.

How does this work as advice? Is it - don't spend too much? Or save for a rainy day?

Sharla

Advice in what context ?

WolfSwan

Advice in a daily read. Other positions were: Work, Home, Unexpected, Opportunity, Advice...

I had another Pents in the Home position (ironically!) but the rest were 2 Sword cards and a Major...nothing relating that I could tell, to making a lot of money!

rwcarter

As advice, the 10P could've been saying to spend time with family, especially generations of family or extended family. It could also have suggested spending time at the familial home (assuming you don't currently live there).

Rodney

pandap

Another weird card to get in an advice position - unless I just don't understand the card!

10 Pents is about family inheritance, wealth, establishing firm family roots, material security.

How does this work as advice? Is it - don't spend too much? Or save for a rainy day?

Basically what Rodney said. Could be anything to do with family, babysitting, helping out an older relative, seeking advice from an older member of your family, or being a "generation" type of card, it could be something like teaching or learning something (i.e. learning how to cook something that your mother makes, or helping out a younger relative with homework). Or just being more connected with members of your family - ringing someone, staying in touch, organising a day out, shopping with a relative or doing the shopping with them - that sort of thing. :)

WolfSwan

So far none of those apply / resonate for this day. I caught up with the family yesterday evening so wouldn't be calling or anything anyone today. I've been at work all day and I'm heading out for drinks and a music show tonight with a friend. I live in the city and none of my family venture into the city often nor would they attend this type of event.

So as far as advice...the cards are not exactly very accurate about the energies of the day so far. Could be something tonight but I highly doubt it! That's why I thought it was such a weird card. I will feed back if anything doe eventuate tonight though...!

Grizabella

I'm in the midst of writing my memoir right now and this card is meaningful to me in the sense that I'm able to look back over most of my life and consider what I've contributed to family.

Having a lot of money really isn't going to give anyone the security they think it will. Tragedies happen and the stock market crashes or a national disaster wipes out everything and then what's left? In order to survive if any of these things do happen, I think it's important to create really solid things that money can't buy and disaster can't erase. So as advice, I think this could be reminding you to spend time considering what kinds of things you can build for your family that will remain solid and secure no matter what else happens.

Saskia

In a daily reading it can mean: enjoy the stability and good things you have in life. You don't need to - or you don't want to - change anything today, everything's fine. 10 is about culmination and Pentacles are about material world, so it's about "your material world is 'ready'", no need to change or chase something more. Just enjoy it.

Sharla

I think its about you needing to be proud of yourself for what you have achieved on this day, as you've worked really hard to get to the 10 pents (going from Ace-10 ), and achieving what you have.....Okay i know this is just a daily reading, so it could be "you know what you've have a good productive day at work, and now you need to be proud of yourself for your days work, give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy your evening.

rwcarter

So far none of those apply / resonate for this day. I caught up with the family yesterday evening so wouldn't be calling or anything anyone today. I've been at work all day and I'm heading out for drinks and a music show tonight with a friend. I live in the city and none of my family venture into the city often nor would they attend this type of event.

So as far as advice...the cards are not exactly very accurate about the energies of the day so far. Could be something tonight but I highly doubt it! That's why I thought it was such a weird card. I will feed back if anything doe eventuate tonight though...!
I think you're confusing advice and prediction. Advice is what you should do, not what you will do. There could very easily be no repercussions for not following the advice of the card. Or you may find out later that something happened that you could've effected had you been around.

The advice could also have just been to stay close to home (yours if not your familial home) instead of going out.

Rodney