My Goal - The Tower

MadDragon

So I'm rather new to tarot, I've picked it up and put it down a few times in the past, but this is the first time I'm really trying to learn it fully. I'm doing a self reading right now focusing on a goal of mine that I've been striving for for a long time. It's really my dream at the moment, as I'm just now starting to work my way down the path towards it, so I decided to use this : http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=73955 goal oriented spread to get a feel for what I need to do, and what I can do. The second card, representing my goal is the Tower card. I have to admit, I froze when I drew it.

Last year was pretty much a year of enormous chaos and upheaval in my life, due to mental health issues and other personal matters, and I'm finally getting myself to move forward in my life, and then I draw this card relating to what I want to do with my life. I'm a bit lost, really. According to what I know, and what I've researched, it could mean that I'm building my foundations on unsteady ground, or maybe I'm building up the goal incorrectly, thinking I can do it when I really shouldn't, but I've wanted it for so long, it hurts to think about it. I'll continue my reading right now, and update this post with my thoughts, but I'd love input from the community here.

Denever

MadDragon, I think if this came up for me, I would ask myself whether one goal might be coming to terms more fully with the chaos and upheaval and trying to accept that this is how things are and have been lately, rather than trying to push the upheaval away or put it behind me as soon as it appeared to be over.

FreeMoon

So I'm rather new to tarot, I've picked it up and put it down a few times in the past, but this is the first time I'm really trying to learn it fully. I'm doing a self reading right now focusing on a goal of mine that I've been striving for for a long time. It's really my dream at the moment, as I'm just now starting to work my way down the path towards it, so I decided to use this : http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=73955 goal oriented spread to get a feel for what I need to do, and what I can do. The first card is the Queen of Cups reversed, and the second, representing my goal is the Tower card. I have to admit, I froze when I drew it.

Last year was pretty much a year of enormous chaos and upheaval in my life, due to mental health issues and other personal matters, and I'm finally getting myself to move forward in my life, and then I draw this card relating to what I want to do with my life. I'm a bit lost, really. According to what I know, and what I've researched, it could mean that I'm building my foundations on unsteady ground, or maybe I'm building up the goal incorrectly, thinking I can do it when I really shouldn't, but I've wanted it for so long, it hurts to think about it. I'll continue my reading right now, and update this post with my thoughts, but I'd love input from the community here.
Hey MadDragon The Tower can also represent transformation. Is your goal related to a transformation of some kind? Or maybe a potential chaotic change that breaks down your current structures is what is required so that you can see your goal from a different perspective that's required to bring it into fruition.

I'm a newbie to tarot too so just some initial thoughts on the card itself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MadDragon

Oh boy

So, I finished my reading, and it is a doozy. I'll definitely be putting it in the readings section, because I'm pretty sure the cards were throwing messages at me left and right, and some got lost in the fray. After the full reading, I'm pretty sure that the tower is representing my goal as one that requires a bit of a shattering of my preconceived notions of how to go through life. I've always had a bit of a disregard or ennui to a lot of what goes on in the world around me, and my goal is one that requires a stronger grasp of what's going on around me right now, so I have to destroy the part of myself that longs to withdraw. Maybe destroy is the wrong word, but my head is kind of buzzing right now from the reading, so I'll let it be.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

MadDragon,

You need to provide interpretations for all cards that you list. Please edit your opening post to either provide an interpretation for the other card or remove mention of it.

SunChariot

So I'm rather new to tarot, I've picked it up and put it down a few times in the past, but this is the first time I'm really trying to learn it fully. I'm doing a self reading right now focusing on a goal of mine that I've been striving for for a long time. It's really my dream at the moment, as I'm just now starting to work my way down the path towards it, so I decided to use this : http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=73955 goal oriented spread to get a feel for what I need to do, and what I can do. The second card, representing my goal is the Tower card. I have to admit, I froze when I drew it.

For me anyway, The Tower talks about sudden change that happens very quickly but creates permanent change. It is NOT anything negative for me, simply that.

In answer to a question regarding a goal, for me, it would likely be about deciding inside yourself what your goal reall is and how much it means to you. It might mean deciding your goal is super important to you and deciding on a completion date and getting to work on it in a more serious way and not giving up until it is completed. OR it might say if you are not super committed to this goal, drop it and pick a new one that you can feel the passion to see through to completion. And keeping at it till it's done.

Either/or but the concept is about that moment of decision and you are SURE what you want beyond any doubt and dedicated to do what what you have to to get there. That dedication and passion will change your path forever as it will ensure that you don't give up until you are there.

Babs

PAMUYA

Tower, if you want your goal you are going to be shocked how differently your approach and feelings will have to change. It is not what you have imagined it would be.

Pique Dame

Tower is radical change. It also represents liberation from the things that were imprisoning you (i.e. mental health issues) with the people being thrown out of it. And because it's a major arcana, it's a complete lifestyle change, bigger and more permanent than what you'd see with the 8 of Swords Rx.

Ace

The tower may mean that you have deconstructed your issues and are now ready to rebuild. The Tower can be a transformative card. it is the dynamite that clears jams. Not painless but healthy and useful. If you can avoid the fear of the pain for loss of what WAS, you can now add what you WANT.

Barb