Ancient Italian Tarot

emmsma

Well, I received the Classical and the AIT today and looked through them side by side. I can honestly say I am torn.

Its probably an even 50/50 of cards I prefer from each deck. I very much prefer the AIT's backs. After that, I liked the AIT's pentacles, swords from the classical.

Since pips don't generally work to well for me I am happy for the keywords on the Classical.

Guess the proof will be in the readings!
(If only my boy had gone to bed tonight. Not yet 7 and has insomnia. Going on 1130pm.)
:(

emmsma

Had a little fun with the Classic Tarot today. Hubby driving down the road and me sitting: ask a question, draw a card. The answers were to straight up and clear.

Guess who's living in my bag now! The cards brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you so much for this thread and instilling within me the need to get this deck. :)

faunabay

emmsma said:
Well, I received the Classical and the AIT today and looked through them side by side. I can honestly say I am torn.

Its probably an even 50/50 of cards I prefer from each deck. I very much prefer the AIT's backs. After that, I liked the AIT's pentacles, swords from the classical.

Since pips don't generally work to well for me I am happy for the keywords on the Classical.
I'm with you emmsma, there are cards in both that I really like. And again like you I'm not really up on reading with pips so I do like the keywords on the Classical. But the AI is softer...which I really like.

I kind of see myself later on down the road - after I get used to reading with pips liking the Ancient Italian more. I love the softer colors. Although I don't like the red smeared lips on alot of the cards. LOL

I'm already thinking of getting a backup deck that I can trim though!!! }) I think the AIT would be beautiful trimmed!!!

sapienza

Le Fanu said:
The Genovese Tarot.

I have two copies of this and although the images are cut in half, they are very similar to the Ancient Italian Tarot and are very eye-catching to querents. It is a lovely size, just a bit longer (same width) as standard playing cards. I have written a review of this deck for AT but I don't think it's up yet. It is one of those unmentioned, lovely and cheap decks. Dream cardstock, dream backs, dream lamination and only 10 euros or so.

Well, my Genovese arrived in the post today. Thanks so much Le Fanu for the enabling :D The deck is gorgeous and just as you said, a good size, wonderful cardstock, divine backs, lovely colours and such an interesting twist on the soprafino pattern. Honestly, I'm thrilled.

Le Fanu

sapienza said:
Well, my Genovese arrived in the post today. Thanks so much Le Fanu for the enabling :D The deck is gorgeous and just as you said, a good size, wonderful cardstock, divine backs, lovely colours and such an interesting twist on the soprafino pattern. Honestly, I'm thrilled.

Isn't it lovely? And watch querents faces when you pull it out! Such a perfect size. I think it is my most comfortable deck to shuffle with; the combination of size, lamination and slitheriness, it just - somehow - feels perfect in terms of shufflability...

And I love the slightly botched colours on some of the cards, colours bleeding beyond the outline etc...Like the Ancient Italian has.

sapienza

It is an absolute dream to shuffle. And yes, it's 'slitheriness' must be the reason :laugh: what a great word! Thanks again.

moderndayruth

Tarot of the Master (I Naibi di Giovanni Vachetta) is arriving next week from Rome! Yay!:D

sapienza

I actually just put a link to this thread in another thread and it prompted me to re-read most of it. I have laughed out loud while reading it again. Looking back it certainly was a crazy deck-buying frenzy for me. This thread is like a permanent record of my experience of falling in love with the Italian decks, and specifically the Ancient Italian. And for the record, I have no regrets :D

So, how are others feeling? Did your time with these decks turn out to be a quick fling, or a long term love affair? Fond memories either way I hope.

Le Fanu

:D :D :D

This thread is just obscene...