Halloween Oracle: Skeleton

2dogs

~Posts split from this thread~

[...]I have no idea what the Skeleton has to with strength, but I guess the booklet has an explanation for this.

I read in another book that the skeleton is the strongest, hardest and longest lasting part of the body.

Serenia

I read in another book that the skeleton is the strongest, hardest and longest lasting part of the body.

Ah, thank you, that makes sense! :) I consulted the companion booklet yesterday evening, but couldn't make head or tail of the description. It said something about strength and vulnerability? (Maybe I was just too tired to understand... :p)

I'll just go with your description I think, it's pretty straightforward. A card about strength can also prompt me to think about whether or not I should allow vulnerability, of course, but the booklet description somehow seemed to put the cart before the horse...

Unicorn Bacon

I remember instantly thinking of a [translated] quote from the movie Amelie when I first saw the strength card: "Your bones aren't made of glass. You can take life's knocks."

rachelcat

I took notes on all the cards yesterday, so I guess I should get into this study group thing.

So I got all the strength ideas, but I think I came up with some more ideas on vulnerability, too.

Here are my notes on Skeleton:

Strong under the surface, firm foundation, sturdy, support.
When a dead animal or person is almost gone, only skeleton remains. The only thing left of their body.
If something is cut or stripped to the bone/bare bones, that means it’s down to the basics/minimum. Bare bones = nakedness = vulnerability. The strength of vulnerability is being able to ask for support.