Spread Topic Suggestions

Barleywine

This doesn't precisely meet the posting rules for this forum, but I figured those who create spreads would have the most to say about it. I've been compiling a collection of my more advanced personal spreads with an eye toward self-publishing. The angle I'm using is that they all have elements of the "cross" about them (that is, a horizontal and vertical axis); it arose from our many discussions of the Celtic Cross here. I'm trying not to repeat the target focus of these spreads too much; so far I have two "relationship" spreads (one broad and one narrower), a couple of "life reading" spreads, two or three practical "action-and-event" spreads, an "enterprise" spread, one "motives" spread, one "career" spread, a major and a minor "decision-making" spread, a couple of "coping strategy" spreads, one "health and happiness" spread, a "lost items" spread, a "true-or-false" spread and my personal retooling of the Celtic Cross. I'm trying to detrmine if I've missed any major life areas that are customarily examined via tarot. Any suggestions would be appreciated; the only thing I'm staying away from is the "psychological profiling" spreads of the "What does X think/feel?" variety.

Here's a list from my publication notes of what I have so far. Some of them have already been posted here, mostly without the detailed development notes and commentary.

a versatile 10-card “3x3+1” spread that offers a more dynamic alternative to the CC
a 10-card spread that contrasts the “reactive” (action-based) and “reflective” (feeling-based) modes of response to a situation
a 12-card spread that focuses on the pros and cons of two or more options in a decision-making scenario (while avoiding the usual branching “decision tree” model)
a 17-card relationship spread that closely examines the emotional, intellectual and physical needs-fulfillment potential of all types of personal and social relationships
an 11-card career-change forecast spread that captures a wide range of inputs
a 6-card “pentacle” spread (5 salient points and a central summary card) with a robust astrological emphasis that is well-suited for less complex questions of a practical nature
an 8-card “business venture” spread that provides a broad overview of success potential
a 9-card “truth vs. lies” spread showing whether truth or falsehood prevails in a dispute
an 8-card “lost item” spread joining tarot techniques with horary astrology insights
a 12-card spread reflecting the degree of compatibility in a love relationship
a 7-card “health and happiness” spread that explores aspects of one's state of well-being
a 20-card “lifeworks” spread covering four areas: self, family, partnerships and public
a 15-card “active/passive outcome” spread that compares opposite coping strategies
a 23-card spread designed for comprehensive analysis of important life changes
a 4-card spread for action-oriented scenarios involving action/reaction/resolution elements
a 12-card “motivational outlook” spread applying Pythagorean and astrological principles

DDwarks

How about an "stock take" spread? Like a reality check spread?

I see you already have a “health and happiness” spread but this one could concentrate on the "why" of someone's lack of well-being or success in different areas of life.

DDwarks

"A true motivation" spread.

Finding out the true motivation behind one's desires and ambitions.
It could put an end to the endless and elusive pursuit of happiness and instead, highlight what needs to be focused on or what is already there. A bit of a healing spread I suppose!

Barleywine

How about an "stock take" spread? Like a reality check spread?

I see you already have a “health and happiness” spread but this one could concentrate on the "why" of someone's lack of well-being or success in different areas of life.

This is a good idea. The first spread on my list has elements of this, but a more single-pointed approach would be useful to get right to the core. I like the phrase "reality check;" the "health and happiness" spread is more like a "pulse check."

Barleywine

"A true motivation" spread.

Finding out the true motivation behind one's desires and ambitions.
It could put an end to the endless and elusive pursuit of happiness and instead, highlight what needs to be focused on or what is already there. A bit of a healing spread I suppose!

"Healing spread." Check, its on my list. Thanks for both of these ideas.

rylla

Maybe a 'serenity' spread (I am thinking of "God, give me the serenity...") that would involve what is that you need to accept and how you could do it, what is that you can change, so on...I've seen a few, none to my satisfaction (or not detailed enough to be of help).

Your spreads are wonderful, BTW.

Metafizzypop

I don't think I've ever seen a spread about children. I think tarot could give good answers about how to handle an unruly child, or one that's flunking school. Or for general advice on raising the kid.