Tarot Made Easy by Nancy Garen

AllyBrooke

Hello all.

I have never started a thread before, but I am feeling a bit brave to day, so here goes!!

My kids bought me this book called Tarot made Easy, by Nancy Garen, and I would like to know if anyone else has read it, and what the general thought on it is.

I find it very easy to read and follow, I suppose it does what it says on the cover, Tarot made easy. As most of my spreads at the moment seem to revolve around my romantic life, or lack of it! What I want to know is if anyone else using the said book finds it, I suppose, reliable. At the moment I read using a Marseilles Deck. Victorian Romance is on order and should be winging its way to me any day soon. But in the meantime I have my Marseilles pack.

According to the book if your question concerns business, then you read the Work/Career category, and if your question concerns love and you want to know how someone feels about you or the effect you have on him/her, then you read the Romance, Emotional State and Others category.

For example: If I draw the Magician in a reading and my question concerns love my answer would be "Though you don't think so now, a new romantic beginning or rekindled affair is at hand and a great love affair is imminent."

Again under the section of Romance the 9 of swords says "You will be separated from one you love, but a lot of what you fear is not true and will not be the case at all, and in a very short time you will be reunited."

Even the Moon, often so hard to interperet, seems so easy its childs play. Again under Romance it states "You are going to be disillusioned and disappointed in a relationship you thought would work but didn't."

Now, I am still fairly new to reading tarots, although I have had a hidden interest for 20 odd years (my exhusband didn't approve, but now I can be more myself). And using this book it just seems soooo easy, I didn't think it was supposed to be easy!! Ha, Ha, Ha.

I don't want to get all excited when the cards according to this book tell me that an exlover is going to come back into my life, if the interpretation in the book is not reliable.

Please let me know your oppionions.

love
AllyBrooke

gregory

Few books are totally useless. ;)

I have it,but haven't read it at all (it is in my other home, across the ocean !) so I haven't formulated an opinion yet. I think there are threads....

But one caveat - I would never ever trust meanings given in any book as being absolute. By all means try out what she says; there is learning to be had in any method. And I'm sure you'll get something out of it. But in the end, you will get most from yourself and learning to trust what YOU see in the cards !

It is all easy in one sense - once you dare to jump in..... (I speak as one who avoided reading for over 30 years....!) It's all there - when you look.

Enjoy.

AllyBrooke

Thanks Gregory.

I suppose I am using the books mainly because I have not learned yet to trust my intuition. You see my intuition seems to have taken a knock recently. Whilst going through my divorce I started a relationship with my best friend. But he was already in a relationship, (yes I know, naughty girl). But my intuition told me that this was what was supposed to be, and one day we would be together, as a proper couple. But after 9 months he ended the relationship, although he still keeps in touch as a friend.

Even now, 5 months after we split, my intuition and my self readings, still keep telling me that we will get back together, but the longer we are appart the more my doubts chip away at my own intuition. So now I am questioning my intuition and I suppose in turn turning to the books for clarification on my readings. Hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

I think it all boils down to using the books as a backup/confirmation to what my own intuition is telling me. I don't want to believe that my intuition is playing silly games with me.

gregory

Have you thought of the intuitive circles here ? Join us ! (I never use generic meanings; can't hack it. The intuitive circles are what got me into it all !)

We are all newbies there because every round is different. The current one I signed for (it's open) and then I read the task.... oops.... but it will work out - they always do !

Have a look here.

- and sign up is here. What have you got to lose ?

AllyBrooke

Thanks Gregory,

Unfortunately I do not have permission to access those pages. I am not a subscription member at the moment, although when my finances improve, something else my readings keep telling me is going to happen this year, I will definately sign up properly.

But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

gregory

You can get in to them. A week of membership you already have - a subscription (OK, you don't) OR 25 posts.

Get posting ! Only about 20 to go !

AllyBrooke

Thanks,

If I sit here all night long, I could probably post that much. I shall have to have a look around the rest of the forum and see where I can add my twopenneth.

phoenixblu

oooh this sounds similiar to a book I have called "its all in the cards" by John mangiapane... its really helpful when im stumped by a card in a specific area when reading say love etc...

I dont know a book thats not helpful, although I try to read more intuativly now :D

AJ

Ally, welcome new members and congratulate the birthday people. They appreciate it, it is a thoughtful thing to do, and your post count will go up.

To late to stop now, you've lost your thread starter virginity anyway :) Welcome!

AllyBrooke

Thanks for that usefull information AJ. I have never belonged to a forum before, and so am still green around the ears! I would never have thought to do that.