Numerology for the pips

eugim

-Nice topic you brought to us Moonbow...

1-Just for me is as follows.
a-DENIERS: Ours best Mental Ideas.
b-EPEE : How to draw them
c-BATON: How to draw ours action to theirs come true
d-COUPE: Adding Love to being something or someone
(The sacred rule of the Magic coitus to evolve that ours child born )

eugim

Moonbow

Hi eugim

Thanks for your suit meanings, it was more the numbers within the suits, and what their meanings are, that I was trying to get some ideas of.

I would still like to know what meanings Carole Sedillot applied to the numbers if anyone can help?

Melanchollic

Number Meanings from Carole Sédillot

Here are the number meanings from Carole Sedillot's book Ombres et lumières du tarot. Many good men lost their lives to bring us this information. ;)

1. Fire, Beginnings, Point, Unity, Primal Cause, Manifestation, Contains 'the all', Active, Masculine.
  2. Water, Duality, Opposites, Reflection, Receptivity, Passive, Feminine.
  3. Air, Dominates the duality, Causes movement, Trinity, Active, Masculine.
  4. Earth, Matter, Concretization, Construction, Equilibrium, Realization, Passive, Feminine.
  5. Ether, Number of man, Evolution, Protection, Faith, Spirituality, Active/Passive, Masculine.
  6. Hesitation, Search for harmony, Beauty, Decision, Choice, Passive, Feminine.
  7. Victory, Energy, Success, Perfection, Active, Masculine.
  8. Infinite, Material, Transformation, Judgement, Balance, Money, Rigor, Passive, Feminine.
  9. Results, Accomplishments, End of a cycle, Inner action, Knowledge, Active, Masculine.
  10. End of a cycle and beginning of a new cycle, Summing up, Using one's experience, Renewal, Return to Unity, Totality.

buggypano.jpg

"Let nature be thy guide"

Bernice

Dear Freshly Scrubbed,

Is there no pie in this world that you haven't got a finger in? :)

I've been dickering with your pip arrangment - hope you don't mind. If (big IF) it pans out... all due credit to you, and the 'ancients'.

Bee :D

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
Dear Freshly Scrubbed,

Is there no pie in this world that you haven't got a finger in? :)

I've been dickering with your pip arrangment - hope you don't mind. If (big IF) it pans out... all due credit to you, and the 'ancients'.

Bee :D

Hi Bee,

If you're talking about the above list, they are French tarot writer Carole Sedillot's. My personal list is a bit different, with some obvious overlap of course. Sedillot seems to take some influence from the trumps, especially with the 6 and the 7.

But you're right about them pies. I'm elbow deep in a custard cream, even as we speak. ;)

buggypano.jpg

Bernice

no - No - NO, not the above list!

Your very own 'system', the one with a toolbox.

I love custard cream - and prawn paella...

Bee :)

Melanchollic

Ah. Sorry. My mind was on my pies.

I must insist you post any interesting variations you come up with for the benefit of us all, and for the future of life on Earth, as we know it. :cool3:

buggypano.jpg

Moonbow

Thanks Mel, you read French too?! Why am I not surprised..

I was going to say that Carole Sedillot's meanings are Trump orientated, and then I saw your post with the same impression. I guess these are similar to the ones I have used in the past but my meanings are evolving still, just when I thought I was settled into a system. :)

As teomat says, there is something comforting about having the pip meanings incorporated within the deck. But then some would say that the meaning of life is in there too, and every answer to every question. A bit like a compact encyclopedia.

Bernice.... prawn paella pies? But this is England!

Bernice

Prawn paella; not a pie - a rice dish. With lots of saffron. :D
Moonbow, you've gotta taste it! mmmmmm.......

Mel, when (IF) I get a halfway-working variation, I will post it. Then you can flame me :(

Bee :)

Moonbow

Thing is, what I have found, (and I think many people wouldn't admit to this, but I don't care :)), is that most people who read with a Marseilles or Marseilles type deck keep evolving their meanings, because if we are searching for accuracy in terms of Marseilles history, we don't shut a door.

I have to say Mel, that you have brought to my attention something which has given me new impetus. I first read about Iamblichus in jmd's course (a highly recommended and worthwhile course, packed with interesting information btw) and didn't delve further, so your posts were fortuitous, and I am grateful.

Bernice, I'm vege.... what can I say!