Black Cats Tarot - lo Scarabeo

Freddie

I saw this last night on the 'Lo Scarabeo' Facebook page. I went to the online Lo Scarabeo store for more pics and although I like the deck it has turned out to be way too feminine for my taste. I wouldn't use it with that back design. I had been awaiting it's release as I quite like the theme of this one. The art looks great and I am sure it will make fellow cat lovers like myself very happy.

http://www.loscarabeo.com/lang-en/tarocchi-culturali/586-i-tarocchi-dei-gatti-neri.html

Even though I am disappointed in how it finally turned out it looks like a good Tarot and well done to the artist!! Aren't Lo Scarabeo awesome? Their decks always appeal to me in some way or another.

Freddie

Winterchild

Black Cats

Its not for me.... I don't like the way the cats figures seem neither cat nor human really..... more like bendy rubber toys....and yes.. the backs are a bit sweet and sticky.... the Tiara looks tacky to me.... Ah well.... its not at all my idea of how black cats should be portrayed, but we all have our own taste in these things!! I am sure a lot of folk will love it.

Alta

hummm.... I pretty well like all cat decks. I wish I could actually see and handle this deck before buying though. But nowadays that just doesn't seem to be possible.

Thoughtful

l too adore cat decks but my feelings on this one are very much like Winterchilds. The cats look a bit odd to me.

MoonGypsy

Oh and i was really looking forward to this deck...
i am so disappointed in those tacky looking backs. ***[especially the tiara] My two black cat brothers [Shanti and Thunder] are shaking their heads in utter dismay...

P.S. ***For those of you who remember the TV show "Designing Woman", she reminds me of the "Suzanne Sugarbaker" character in Cat form. :p

ETA: And i am a TOTAL Cat Person...as many of you know; i usually cannot resist a cat deck; i have most all of them...but this one...i just might find resistible. i feel like this, >because< i love cats so much. Oh, i if could just get past those backs...

i have Lo Scarabeo's White Cats and Pagan Cats and i LOVE both of them.

greatdane

Add me to the list of readers who are disappointed

I had a black cat tarot on my wish list as well. This one seems more cartoonish to me than the elegant, regal tarot I was hoping for. This one is definitely a pass for me. Too bad.

Obsydian

Oh no I just bought a deck and now I want this one too aaaah.
Cat decks call to me and I really love the art on this one.

Le Fanu

They have some more scans at alidastore. I don't know if they're the ones everyone has already seen on facebook. Nice idea. But probably not really my style.

Is this to be partnered with the white cats tarot? If so I might be more interested. I like it when things come in sets :) (except the as above / below one).

Miss Divine

Its not for me.... I don't like the way the cats figures seem neither cat nor human really..... more like bendy rubber toys....

LOL they really do look like bendy rubber toys. Not for me! I'm sticking to my BBCats from Baba.

Tarot Orat

It has something of a "cat people" feel to it - neither feline nor human, but somewhere in between. The art is quite pretty. I'm definitely not a cat deck person but I can see the appeal. The backs, though, ick...the tiara is WAY over the top!