Request for dream interpretation

sunfallSeraph

This is my first time doing something like this, so please feel free to let me know if I've left out any important details. :)

The gist of my dream was as follows: I was boarding some manner of bus; this bus was special in that it was divided into at least two distinct sections. While most of the bus was intended for, for lack of a better term, normal passengers, the six frontmost left-side seats were set aside for some manner of extra-ordinary beings (intentionally vague wording there; not sure how to clarify). I don't recall any details regarding any of the other passengers in either section, but I myself came to sit in the frontmost seat of the special section. As if to justify that choice, I heard following words in my own voice: "I am darkness, and I am light." It is important to note that I was not saying this out loud, despite having the sense of audibly hearing it; I know this, because I was subsequently asked by someone, who I want to say was a tour guide of some sort, what sort of special entity I was. In reply to her, I said "No comment." The feeling behind those words wasn't really defensive or dismissive, exactly, but more subtly lonely, and also something that felt 'just like me'.

That's all I can recall. I would be very interested to hear any interpretations, and I will try to give detailed feedback in return. Thanks~

Tarotphelia

This dream may relate to one of the common pitfalls of the spiritual path , that being the tendency to think of oneself as special and possibly deserving of special treatment or regard . It could be you reminding yourself that even though you may have or seek to develop certain extra-normal abilities you still have the usual human components of light and dark and within you , as do we all . Depending on where you are at in your spiritual life , you may need encouragement to recognize and appreciate your gifts . And you may feel open to question from others who may seem more advanced than you . In the dream you take your seat in the area in which you feel you belong so you may be getting comfortable with the idea that your talents are real and deserve recognition from yourself and others .

sunfallSeraph

Thank you so very much for your interpretation. I thought my request was dead in the water by now, ha ha. :) I can definitely relate with the need and desire for encouragement and recognition. I've struggled for a long time to really grasp a solid identity for myself, especially in regards to any abilities that might help me set myself apart in my own mind and feel less inferior to those who have accomplished things that I admire. I suppose I can see my dream as both my own tacit acknowledgement of myself as special and also my insecurity over whether I can truly acknowledge myself to others at the risk of being exposed as nothing but smoke and mirrors.

At any rate, your interpretation was helpful. It was easy enough to understand and helped me contextualize my dream a little more. I appreciate that you examined both sides of the coin, so to speak.

Tarotphelia

Examining both sides of the coin is important - we can have conflicts on both sides within ourselves . And in divination things can have more than one meaning simultaneously , with all being correct or relevant on some level .
Anyway, I am glad it made sense for you . :)