Psychometry

werewolfmoon

Reading the emotional energy from a deck held by another person

I have just had the most incredible experience. This afternoon a male friend of mine picked up my Witches Tarot deck and did a reading, it was uncannily accurate, at the time I didn't think anything of it. Later on that evening I picked the deck up and I could feel his energy all over it, I relaxed and opened my mind, oh boy! I found myself laughing and crying and smiling and gasping for breath at the tsunami of thoughts and feelings, I won't go into detail, but, oh boy, oh boy!

I have always been able to pick up emotions from objects but never to this extent, does anyone know what it is called and does anyone else have the same ability?

I've discovered that this ability is called 'psychometry' it's come to light through my love of the Tarot.

Does anyone else have this ability? How do you go about grounding and protecting yourself? Does anyone have any tips?

Apollonia

I've discovered that this ability is called 'psychometry' it's come to light through my love of the Tarot.

Does anyone else have this ability? How do you go about grounding and protecting yourself? Does anyone have any tips?
I'm pretty decent at it, either with items or a photograph (I don't have to be looking at the photo, it can be face down or in an envelope as long as I can touch it with my hands).

Whatever grounding and shielding technique you usually use for your Tarot work should be fine for psychometry.

My only tip is to just stay open and say whatever comes to mind without editing yourself, again, for me it's pretty much the same as with doing a Tarot reading.

werewolfmoon

I'm pretty decent at it, either with items or a photograph (I don't have to be looking at the photo, it can be face down or in an envelope as long as I can touch it with my hands).

Whatever grounding and shielding technique you usually use for your Tarot work should be fine for psychometry.

My only tip is to just stay open and say whatever comes to mind without editing yourself, again, for me it's pretty much the same as with doing a Tarot reading.

I tried it with a coffee mug but couldn't feel a thing, the tarot cards seem to be the best way, I will try and ground myself properly when I do it again.

celticnoodle

here is one site on grounding and protection that describes it and gives an example of this.

http://www.rescuemediums.com/grounding-and-protection.php

I will say that I like to ground myself daily as soon as I get out of bed and any other time during the day that I think of it or feel I need to do it again. What I do is when I get out of bed every morning is to stand still for a few seconds and envision roots growing out of the bottom of my bare feet and going down through the floor boards into the ground like tree roots. Its one of the easiest ways to ground yourself and can be done anywhere.

Another good way of grounding when you are getting ready to do a reading, or immediately after a reading is to eat or drink something that comes from the ground or from an animal that is not a meat eater--such as milk, veggies, etc. even cheese is good! My favorite is a glass of milk, some cheese and crackers or instant mashed potatoes. (only because they are quick and easy to make).

As for protection, this is also very easy to do, and is explained in the above web site. Just envision a white or golden light coming down from above you and it slowly envelopes your head and proceeds to work down your face, neck, shoulders, torso, arms and legs and your feet. Imagine this light extends a few inches out from your body and its like you are inside an eggshell. simple to do!

I also have crystals that I use too when I am doing a reading, or going someplace and feel I need some extra help to keep me protected and at ease. Just being near these crystals is enough. Plus, I wear a few crystals on a necklace and the Catholic girl in me insists on also wearing a Miraculous Medal and carrying my rosary in my pocket. But the last two are things that I've done pretty much all my life--so its more habit then anything else.

I have found that sometimes when I read for a customer and have taken on a lot of their energy--or if I've been around any psychic vampires--a shower really, really helps me too! I take a nice warm shower and I love to feel the water just coming down onto the top of my head and washing all that negative energy down the drain. Its so relaxing and really helps a lot!

Do try a few different ways and see which ones you're most comfortable with.

danieljuk

hehe I saw your post about grounding CN just after I posted about it on the other thread. The funny thing is I was doing some of those grounding things already without even knowing they were grounding! anyway improving the grounding when I am trying to feel energies is my next skill to improve :)

experiment with feeling the energies of things often werewolfmoon. it will improve your skill :)

celticnoodle

:)

now, I have to go find your post that you made. :laugh:

Apollonia

I tried it with a coffee mug but couldn't feel a thing, the tarot cards seem to be the best way, I will try and ground myself properly when I do it again.
I think it's easiest to start with things that have a lot of personal energy in them, like photos or jewelry, especially jewelry that has a lot of sentimental meaning or that the person wore every day.

HeatherRose

I'm not sure if its the same thing, and though I don't seem to have that ability when it comes to any objects, I can place my hand on a headstone at a cemetery and tell you either a lot about the person when they were alive, or messages from them now that they want expressed to someone.

werewolfmoon

HeatherRose

That sounds like Mediumship, what a gift to be able to speak to the deceased and pass on messages to their loved ones.

Cancer69

I've got this gift and I really good at it, although I normally can only tell about the energies on the object and it owner, reading history of the object it something I have yet to achieve.