Any interesting spreads?

Libra289

Hi everyone,

I feel like trying out some new spreads, play around with something different. Any suggestions? :)

re-pete-a

PSSST....it's an origional !

I can give you one...in it's simplicity it's quite involved...

5 cards...

square pattern with one in the middle ...drawn by the sitter from a fanned out deck, face down....

the middle card is the situation...the card drawn by the sitter....

Present... the top 2 cards...left to right.

Past...the bottom 2 cards left to right .

diagonal... bottom right back to top left ...including the middle card...what will happen on the present course if unchanged...

diagonal...bottom left up to top right ...including the middle card....what will happen if the course is changed...

Vertical... left 2 ...fears...

Vertical ...right 2...desires...

Then the missing suit is looked for ....cups..swords...wands... pents...Majors...and thrown into the mix to show up the situation around the middle card...

It can take quite some time to get through it...

It's a spread I use often for longer readings and moves away from the Celtic Cross ....

That should keep you entertained for quite some time.. ...

Enjoy...

Psst don't tell anybody...

Grizabella

That's awesome, Pete! I'm going to write that one down so I can try it. I think it will be a great spread to use regularly. :)

I like to use larger spreads these days.

Here's one from the Gaian deck that I think is very intriguing, although I haven't tried it yet.

Separate all the Majors out of your deck and put the rest aside. Then choose two cards from the Majors, one that symbolizes where you are now. Then a second card chosen by you will be where you wish to be. Once those two cards are chosen, put them aside but shuffle the deck all back together real well and draw 4 cards. Put the first Major card you drew on the left, and the second card you chose on the right. The other four that you choose from the shuffled deck go in between the two you chose from the Majors.

The four cards in the middle of those 2 Majors are:

What challenges you

The action you can take to meet this challenge.

The next step.

How does Mystery help you? (I think Mystery is your Hgher Power or other being you consider as a guide or helper.)

Then you read the four cards you drew last and that's your reading to get you from where you are not to where you want to be.

From the book with the Gaian Tarot deck.

mythreesisters

5 cards...

square pattern with one in the middle ...drawn by the sitter from a fanned out deck, face down....

diagonal... bottom right back to top left ...including the middle card...what will happen on the present course if unchanged...

diagonal...bottom left up to top right ...including the middle card....what will happen if the course is changed...

Then the missing suit is looked for ....cups..swords...wands... pents...Majors...and thrown into the mix to show up the situation around the middle card...

It's a spread I use often for longer readings and moves away from the Celtic Cross ....

Enjoy...

re-pete-a,

This sounds like a fun spread. Could you clarify the part about searching for the missing suit, though? Do you mean the person would pull through the remaining cards until she found one reflecting the suit/suits that were missing from the original 5?

re-pete-a

An interesting addition to that would be to draw 2 cards for each major.

Shuffling between the two draws...

the first 2 placed above the Major...shuffle ...the next two above the next Major...

Each line read down to the major...

It would be a ...

1...how you GOT there...

2...how to GET THERE...

But I feel that drawing known cards as a preference is not a real good idea because it removes two cards from the random....

But hey...whatever works for yah...

re-pete-a

re-pete-a,

This sounds like a fun spread. Could you clarify the part about searching for the missing suit, though? Do you mean the person would pull through the remaining cards until she found one reflecting the suit/suits that were missing from the original 5?

There are 5 suits ...one chance for each to appear..if one is missing,it's a biased reading... this suit is the missing element from that reading...or from that persons life...at that moment...

What would a missing CUP mean .. heartless?
A missing Wands...no fire... not willing to work or strive?
A missing Major...Faithless... Not willing to trust ?
A missing Pents...Broke, ...no foundations?
A missing swords...unable to speak ,to think about it?

follow your intuitions as to what it means for that sitter...

re-pete-a

DOHHH....
I thought this was supposed to be a secret original spread....

OK you lot out there ... cover your eyes when reading this thread...OK !

Libra289

5 cards...

Enjoy...

Wow, sounds great - I'll try it tonight and let you know how I get on!

Libra289

That's awesome, Pete! I'm going to write that one down so I can try it. I think it will be a great spread to use regularly. :)

I like to use larger spreads these days.

Here's one from the Gaian deck that I think is very intriguing, although I haven't tried it yet.

Separate all the Majors out of your deck and put the rest aside. Then choose two cards from the Majors, one that symbolizes where you are now. Then a second card chosen by you will be where you wish to be. Once those two cards are chosen, put them aside but shuffle the deck all back together real well and draw 4 cards. Put the first Major card you drew on the left, and the second card you chose on the right. The other four that you choose from the shuffled deck go in between the two you chose from the Majors.

The four cards in the middle of those 2 Majors are:

What challenges you

The action you can take to meet this challenge.

The next step.

How does Mystery help you? (I think Mystery is your Hgher Power or other being you consider as a guide or helper.)

Then you read the four cards you drew last and that's your reading to get you from where you are not to where you want to be.

From the book with the Gaian Tarot deck.

Sounds like a very useful spread for almost any situation - thank you, I shall try it!

re-pete-a

Wow, sounds great - I'll try it tonight and let you know how I get on!

Remember the sitter picks the first card from a face down , fanned out /spread out deck...

I usually shuffle the deck myself....
Then I pass it to the sitter to shuffle until they are happy with their efforts ...

they then hand them back and I fan out the deck on the table ....asking them to pick just one and to turn it over...however they choose. This becomes the middle card

You'll be surprised at the antics of some that don't want to make a mistake or are unsure of the face down card ....even in the turning over there's sometimes a problem as to which way it looks /feels to them...sitters are interesting to observe...

Once settled the displayed card is read ...which (to me) is the reason for the sitters sitting...It may not be the reason they thought they were there for...

Some disagree... but after some clarifying questions usually agree that the cards are "on target"...

Sometimes the cards and myself just can't get it happening...in which case I return the monies and say ...Today is not the day I can read for you...Perhaps next time...

It's rare but it does happen...

Personal Integrity rules...

This is the procedure for a long reading ...

for short readings it's different...

The sitter will choose the length of time by selecting the sitting set fee...long reading or short reading...