A little bird dead on my terrace, does it have any meaning?

jean bosco

I personally like birds a lot.

Also in some mystical traditions the language of the birds was seen as the language of the divine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_the_birds

Also in Tarot birds have a positive position. Look at the bird on the "Star"-card, that has a positive meaning like hope, purity, luck,... That bird is often associated with the Ibis (in modern Tarot), that had a connection with the god Thoth in anciant egypt - the god of knowledge, hieroglyphs and wisdom.

Or what I like especially is the bird on the Ace of Cups on the Jean Dodal Tarot. That bird gives that card an emphasis that there is also a connection to the divine realm.

So you could easily see it a positive sign also.
Sure that bird is dead. But everytime we eat chicken then also a bird had to die ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• ace cups.jpg
    ace cups.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 116

Water Lady

We could do an entire thread about the lore & divination of birds ... and as stated - most of it is negative, although usually connected to black birds.

It is quite possible that this bird came to you because it was injured or dying because it 'knew' you would help it pass on. Many, many years ago we had many stray cats in the yard and one day there was one of the kittens lying on the patio just under the edge of the overhang getting rained on ... which is odd for a cat. When I went to check - it was dead. As far as we could tell it wasn't clawed, injured, or had been in a fight or something, so we figured that he possibly had been hit by a car and 'somehow' made it to our patio since it knew we fed the strays, so it came to us to die.

IMHO - burying it in your plant is a better ending than being fed to the cat next door that probably gets more than enough to eat.

I really like birds, but have had the same or similar experiences with them flying into windows, or pecking their reflections, etc.
I like what tarot bear has said, you handled it well, that is what is important.

ivanna

We could do an entire thread about the lore & divination of birds ... and as stated - most of it is negative, although usually connected to black birds.

It is quite possible that this bird came to you because it was injured or dying because it 'knew' you would help it pass on. Many, many years ago we had many stray cats in the yard and one day there was one of the kittens lying on the patio just under the edge of the overhang getting rained on ... which is odd for a cat. When I went to check - it was dead. As far as we could tell it wasn't clawed, injured, or had been in a fight or something, so we figured that he possibly had been hit by a car and 'somehow' made it to our patio since it knew we fed the strays, so it came to us to die.

IMHO - burying it in your plant is a better ending than being fed to the cat next door that probably gets more than enough to eat.

Yep. That sounds well. Maybe he knew I would bury. Much better than finish on the stomach of a fatty cat