Rune readers insight needed

PulchraElectri

I've just started trying to read runes and I would like some other people's perspective on my reading. I just recently applied for a dating show called "Married at first sight". It's a social experiment to see how an arranged marriage would work in American society today. They match people by a bunch of scientific questions and people's response. I've tried everything else and I was told that I would meet the man of my dreams in a new, unconventional way. So I drew three runes and asked what would come out of this application. Here's what I got.

Ansuz: good communication, a message. Maybe this is saying that I’ll hear something good from them.

Raidho: a journey whether by an actual journey or by a spiritual journey. I think this is saying that I’ve put a force in motion in my life. Hopefully a positive one since all the runes I drew seem pretty positive.

Sowilo: transformation, honor, luck, final triumph. I hope this shows that I’ll end up getting what I want. Transforming my life and my daughters for the better.

So does anyone have any thoughts on this or anything they can add? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

kimtsan

I wish I could see a picture of your sea runes. :) I imagine them to be really pretty. I have a set of runes that I bought a while ago but I haven't had a chance to study them in detail and get into them. I did try to do a rune reading for a friend once, and I kind of read into the directions of the symbols...I remember I got the arrow rune (just looked it up, it's Tiwaz) and there was this other rune that it's sort of moving away from, and considering what each rune meant individually it kind of made sense. It was an interesting experience...

Yeah. :) I usually read directions in tarot cards when I do readings, but just thought that it could apply to reading runes, too. :)

Kim

PulchraElectri

I wish I could see a picture of your sea runes. :) I imagine them to be really pretty. I have a set of runes that I bought a while ago but I haven't had a chance to study them in detail and get into them. I did try to do a rune reading for a friend once, and I kind of read into the directions of the symbols...I remember I got the arrow rune (just looked it up, it's Tiwaz) and there was this other rune that it's sort of moving away from, and considering what each rune meant individually it kind of made sense. It was an interesting experience...

Yeah. :) I usually read directions in tarot cards when I do readings, but just thought that it could apply to reading runes, too. :)

Kim

What do you mean by direction? I understand the concept in tarot. But I'm interested in how you did it with runes. I'm trying to see a bigger picture with the runes and how they relate to each other.

kimtsan

What do you mean by direction? I understand the concept in tarot. But I'm interested in how you did it with runes. I'm trying to see a bigger picture with the runes and how they relate to each other.

Trying to remember what other runes I drew...for example, Tiwaz is an arrow and when it's upright, it literally points up. I think the next rune I drew was Othala (had to look this one up...I can't memorize the runes), the rune that means home and ancestral roots. When I did the reading for my friend it was about identity and moving away from traditional values, so it made sense to interpret that Tiwza is rising or moving away from Ohtala, which is the ancestral, cultural roots. Since it's also a warrior rune, it's also about protecting of one's own identity...and in a way it's also about fighting to become your "higher self" and who you really are. In short, I added direction to the equation when I did the reading because it made sense at the time. :)

Kim

magpie9

I haven't read other's responses, so this may be odd or raw.
Ansuz: good communication, a message. Maybe this is saying that I’ll hear something good from them.

Raidho: a journey whether by an actual journey or by a spiritual journey. I think this is saying that I’ve put a force in motion in my life. Hopefully a positive one since all the runes I drew seem pretty positive.

Sowilo: transformation, honor, luck, final triumph. I hope this shows that I’ll end up getting what I want. Transforming my life and my daughters for the better.

So does anyone have any thoughts on this or anything they can add? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Ansuz==the God speaks.An important message to really hear. Th form of the Rune is the touch of Odin's cloak.
Raidho== A smooth easy journey, without difficulty or incident. I write Raidho on decks I send internationally, so they arrive swiftly an smoothly, with no problems. Like that.
Sowillo==Victory. Go for it, everything is set up for you and your purpose. Run with it.
:thumbsup:

magpie9

This is kind of a PS...my Rune Master said that the Folk wrote runes in every direction, all the time. And from what I've read and studied, that's true. So I don't read Runes reversed, ever. I figure if they didn't, why should I?

jazbee08

I've just started trying to read runes and I would like some other people's perspective on my reading. I just recently applied for a dating show called "Married at first sight". It's a social experiment to see how an arranged marriage would work in American society today. They match people by a bunch of scientific questions and people's response. I've tried everything else and I was told that I would meet the man of my dreams in a new, unconventional way. So I drew three runes and asked what would come out of this application. Here's what I got.

Hello PulchraElectri,

Here is my interpretation,

Anuz,- the name of this rune literally means a God and is most often seen as Odins rune. It is both a rune of Communication as the beginning of the Angelo Saxton rune poem shows "(Ansusz) is the chieftain of all of speeches, mainstay of wisdom" and odin in general as the icelandic rune poem states "(Ansuz) is the oldenfather and Valhalla's chieftan" For me it is a rune of Odin in al his aspects but mostly communication. In this reading I would however interpreted it as wisdom, as in the television people have chosen with wisdom.

Raidho,- The wagon or cart rune. A rune of travel but just like a wagon it is structured organised travel a wagon has to follow the road. Change by following a path. this could be religion, bureaucracy, literal travel or maybe in this case marriage. It is a great change and highly ritualized not to mention put in the shape so it would fit the television.

Last rune Sowillo,- Victory, the blazing sun guiding the viking longboats when they where lost at sea and even the stars where hidden by the clouds. The sun however will always shine through. as the Angelo Saxton rune poem says, "(sowillo) is for seaman hope up high"A very positive rune in most cases finding the right direction and succeeding. sometimes seen as a masculine rune what would also make sense.

All in all I would say a very positive reading and even through I used more words then you I feel we have about the same conclusion.

Last I agree with Magpie9 very little is know about how rune readings used to be done but reversed runes having a different meaning as upright ones was almost definitively not part of the way people read runes. On bind runes found through out Scandinavia, runes where sometimes written at different angles but they would retain and not change their meaning.

good luck with the show and with future readings.
Kind regards

PulchraElectri

Trying to remember what other runes I drew...for example, Tiwaz is an arrow and when it's upright, it literally points up. I think the next rune I drew was Othala (had to look this one up...I can't memorize the runes), the rune that means home and ancestral roots. When I did the reading for my friend it was about identity and moving away from traditional values, so it made sense to interpret that Tiwza is rising or moving away from Ohtala, which is the ancestral, cultural roots. Since it's also a warrior rune, it's also about protecting of one's own identity...and in a way it's also about fighting to become your "higher self" and who you really are. In short, I added direction to the equation when I did the reading because it made sense at the time. :)

Kim

It sounds cool. I'll have to try it sometime :)

PulchraElectri

This is kind of a PS...my Rune Master said that the Folk wrote runes in every direction, all the time. And from what I've read and studied, that's true. So I don't read Runes reversed, ever. I figure if they didn't, why should I?

It's funny that you should say that because I always feel wrong if I read a rune reversed. It just feels like my runes are telling me I'm doing it wrong. They want to be the right way up. So I just quit trying to read em reversed. Thank you for the info on the runes :)

PulchraElectri

Hello PulchraElectri,

Here is my interpretation,

Anuz,- the name of this rune literally means a God and is most often seen as Odins rune. It is both a rune of Communication as the beginning of the Angelo Saxton rune poem shows "(Ansusz) is the chieftain of all of speeches, mainstay of wisdom" and odin in general as the icelandic rune poem states "(Ansuz) is the oldenfather and Valhalla's chieftan" For me it is a rune of Odin in al his aspects but mostly communication. In this reading I would however interpreted it as wisdom, as in the television people have chosen with wisdom.

Raidho,- The wagon or cart rune. A rune of travel but just like a wagon it is structured organised travel a wagon has to follow the road. Change by following a path. this could be religion, bureaucracy, literal travel or maybe in this case marriage. It is a great change and highly ritualized not to mention put in the shape so it would fit the television.

Last rune Sowillo,- Victory, the blazing sun guiding the viking longboats when they where lost at sea and even the stars where hidden by the clouds. The sun however will always shine through. as the Angelo Saxton rune poem says, "(sowillo) is for seaman hope up high"A very positive rune in most cases finding the right direction and succeeding. sometimes seen as a masculine rune what would also make sense.

All in all I would say a very positive reading and even through I used more words then you I feel we have about the same conclusion.

Last I agree with Magpie9 very little is know about how rune readings used to be done but reversed runes having a different meaning as upright ones was almost definitively not part of the way people read runes. On bind runes found through out Scandinavia, runes where sometimes written at different angles but they would retain and not change their meaning.

good luck with the show and with future readings.
Kind regards

Thank you so much for all the wonderful information on the runes. It's helped me to really get the runes. And thank you for the luck. I'm really starting to feel good about using them.