Oracles with Tarot

Elven

Staple: Sabian Symbols and Thoth :)

paulrosk

I've been using "Oracle" decks along with my Tarot decks for a while now. I'll usually do a 3-card Oracle spread, then a 7 or Celtic Tarot spread to see how the 2 combine together. So far they have been pretty close every time!

Blessings ....

Paul

Hemera

I´m just waiting for the Fallen Angels oracle that I got in the latest Trade Train and as I already use the Dark Angels Tarot (LoS) daily I thought it would be a great idea to combine them in some way. I just don´t really know how?

I have not found any spreads for a tarot and oracle combination yet and I´m not good at making my own spreads.

So are there any other ideas besides just taking one summary oracle card for the tarot reading or using both oracle and tarot in the same spread twice (I mean one tarot card and one oracle card for each position) ?

Glass Owl

I´m just waiting for the Fallen Angels oracle that I got in the latest Trade Train and as I already use the Dark Angels Tarot (LoS) daily I thought it would be a great idea to combine them in some way. I just don´t really know how?

I have not found any spreads for a tarot and oracle combination yet and I´m not good at making my own spreads.

So are there any other ideas besides just taking one summary oracle card for the tarot reading or using both oracle and tarot in the same spread twice (I mean one tarot card and one oracle card for each position) ?
Wow, this is so strange because I combined these two very decks last night for a reading! I pulled out various decks and these two ended up being the ones that I felt like reading with for some reason. I wasn't sure how to combine them either. I usually pull just one Oracle card at the end of the reading but for this one I wanted to really combine them together.

First I shuffled and laid out three cards from the Dark Angels like so:

DA1---DA2---DA3

and then I shuffled the Fallen Angel Oracle, planning on laying down one Fallen Angel card next to each like this:

DA1/FA1---DA2/FA2---DA3/FA3

As I shuffled the Fallen Angel deck, a group of cards popped right up and it was 3 cards so I used those 3. The Fallen Angel cards really matched up nicely with the Dark Angel cards and confirmed what they were saying.

Overall, I say these two decks work amazingly well together.

Hemera

Oooh that´s really cool :)

I´m still wondering if there are any other ways than just getting confirmation from one or the other..Are there questions that are specifically suited to Oracles better than Tarot? I´d like a spread where some spread positions would require a Tarot card and some positions would need an Oracle card. Any ideas?

IheartTarot

I´m still wondering if there are any other ways than just getting confirmation from one or the other..Are there questions that are specifically suited to Oracles better than Tarot? I´d like a spread where some spread positions would require a Tarot card and some positions would need an Oracle card. Any ideas?

It all depends on the oracle, e.g. some spell out a message like words (Lenormand, runes) and others give detailed advice. I like to use the latter for an overall Advice card.

shadowdancer

In a way, my 120 patchwork deck is a combined tarot and oracle deck. 78 traditional cards, then 42 extras. These are retitled to what I thought they represented, summed up in one word. Some are taken from the Soul Cards decks - no titles or LWB - just pure imagery. Others are from tarot decks but they are different to the traditional RWS imagery and meaning. I want those to be extra, and choose to read them accordingly.

It works well. If its meant to be the reading is to be tarot led I trust that only tarot cards will appear. If it is meant to be a blend of the two, I again trust a mixture of cards to appear. I feel by using both together I have broken through the perceived limitations of using a 78 card tarot deck, or a 44 card oracle deck.

shadowdancer

In addition I have used a tarot deck for the main reading, looking at an issue practically. Then selected a Medicine card to look at the issue from the spiritual viewpoint. Again works well.

Davina

BodhiSeed

Oooh that´s really cool :)

I used to do a "What surrounds me?" spread in the mornings that would be suited for this. One card (tarot or oracle) would go in the middle, and would represent you that day (mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally). In the corners would be four other cards (if you used an oracle card for "you" then you would use tarot cards here, or vice versa). These four cards would represent what situations, relationships, challenges, surprises, etc. to expect. The layout would look like this:
2~~~~3
~~1~~
4~~~~5

Hemera

In a way, my 120 patchwork deck is a combined tarot and oracle deck. 78 traditional cards, then 42 extras.
This sounds interesting. Just out of curiosity: How do you shuffle? And if you shuffle on the floor or a large table then how do you deal with the reversals? 240 card meanings (upright + reversed) is quite a lot :D I´m having trouble with just the ordinary 78..