Oracles with Tarot

Glass Owl

I have a lot of fun mixing and matching tarot and oracle decks. Some that you wouldn't think would work well together do, and some that you think would be made for each other seem awkward. I mixed the Morgan Greer Tarot with the new Gods and Titans Oracle a few weeks ago, and they did well together.
Tonight I pulled out the Wildwood Tarot and was about to close the cabinet when the Celtic Messages box caught my eye. I pulled 3 cards from the Celtic Messages first and the last card was The Wildwood!

Carla

I can say now that the Victorian Flower Oracle and Harmonious Tarot work very well together and make a very pretty spread. Also, of course, Druidcraft and Druid Plant/Animal. And I've just ordered Oracle of the Grail Code for use with Grail Tarot and Kat Black's Golden. :)

BodhiSeed

Tonight I pulled out the Wildwood Tarot and was about to close the cabinet when the Celtic Messages box caught my eye. I pulled 3 cards from the Celtic Messages first and the last card was The Wildwood!

Too cool! Sounds like you've got a great combo!

BodhiSeed

I can say now that the Victorian Flower Oracle and Harmonious Tarot work very well together and make a very pretty spread. Also, of course, Druidcraft and Druid Plant/Animal. And I've just ordered Oracle of the Grail Code for use with Grail Tarot and Kat Black's Golden. :)

I've used the Grail Code with the Touchstone with great results, but I've never tried it with the Golden - I'll be looking forward to hearing how these meld together!

Glass Owl

I've used the Grail Code with the Touchstone with great results, but I've never tried it with the Golden - I'll be looking forward to hearing how these meld together!

I have the Grail Code Oracle and the Golden Tarot! I will have to put those together and see how it plays out. I don't know why I didn't think about this combo before.

Glass Owl

Buried back in the Enabling Tarot Deck Thread I found this intriguing post by Fairemaiden about using Tarot and Oracles together.

Fairemaiden said:
I would strongly estimate that 25% of my clients get 'happy' Readings... the vast majority are dealing with less-than-happy circumstances and/or outcomes.

What do we do with all this information... all this confirmation that life, right now, is crap? We have to accept that 'crap' is a part of life, and get on with it. And this entails a shift in attitude. It is true that, 'This, too, shall pass'... but how do we manage to get thru to the other side of that passage? Happy, positive guidance and affirmations, of which all these 'not Real Tarot' oracles bless us with, that's how.

For my clients, I ALWAYS use the 'Healing with the Fairies' and 'Goddess Guidance' oracles by Doreen Virtue as an adjunct after the 'real' tarot Reading, *lol*. This helps tremendously in two ways...

HEALING WITH THE FAIRIES: First, using the 'Healing with the Fairies' oracle, it helps them transition from the 'crap' of the Reading to what they need to focus on to heal their disappointment, dry their tears, and accept.

GODDESS GUIDANCE: Second, using the 'Goddess Guidance', they are reminded that they are not alone... that there are energies they can tap into to help them be strong whilst going thru the crap.

In other words, they don't leave a Reading with me with nowhere to go emotionally, psychologically, or spiritually. Yeah, they may have gotten bad news, but they're also armed with methods and modalities to draw their attention away from the bad news. This helps tremendously in 'shifting their attitude'.

Morwenna replied to Fairmaiden's post by saying: "I like the idea of a combination: a Tarot deck to show the situation, and an oracle deck to offer advice and comfort."

I may use this concept as a starting point for coming up with Tarot/Oracle Combo spreads.

linnie

Greatdane - I ALWAYS mix Tarot and oracle cards as I find that they compliment each other well, and provide an added depth to the readings.

Ditto.... I use my A'HA deck most often, with whatever other deck I am using... A'HA offers me personal clarity... I also use the Shamanic Oracle with lots of other readings...

SloughSister

Umm, I may be getting old and grey and really losing it. I just started a thread discussing heterodecksual and homodecksual ways to pair decks and use them together - tarot-tarot, oracle-oracle, an tarot-oracle. Not meaning to step on anyone's toes in this thread which is similar enough to perhaps be the same. *sigh* Will see what mods do.

SloughSister

I was looking through my little Good Witch Bad Witch deck last night, and I'm thinking that I'll pull a card from it and let the witch discuss a tarot reading with me. Let the reading be through her voice, in other words. Could be fun and enlightening. :)

I'm very, very curious about those witches - how did this experiment go? Did she have her own voice?

GryffinSong

I'm very, very curious about those witches - how did this experiment go? Did she have her own voice?

I've been so distracted lately that I haven't had the focus for readings except in the circles I've signed up for. So, I haven't tried it yet. But I love those little witches and will try to remember to check in whenever I get around to it. :)

Also, I was at a tarot meetup this past weekend and we exchanged readings. The fellow who read for me used the RWS and the Healing with the Angels Oracle together, in the way that was just described by Glass Owl and FaireMaiden, and it was awesome. Very powerful and helpful.