"Director's Cut" of the Hallmark Tarot

MissNine

I've always liked this deck! :) yay! Now I know the creator is a member of AT!

Love the back illustration.

I like the yellow border but the purple corners are distracting. I liked the uniformity of the black that way because - similar to if you keep it only gold - it doesn't detract from the illustration in the card. I would suggest not making the border too busy or you'll lose the focus of the actual card illustration.

Sulis

MissNine said:
I like the yellow border but the purple corners are distracting.
I think the purple corners are just the background that he card is lying on for the photo.
It's a lovely deck and one that many people ask about on the forums so I'm sure you'd have no problem selling them.

Hannafate

So, does anyone know of a print on demand place that does Tarot cards? I can't find one.

blue_fusion

So, does anyone know of a print on demand place that does Tarot cards? I can't find one.

Thegamecrafter.com and printerstudio.com are two of the more popular ones. :) Hope that helps.

reall

Thegamecrafter.com and printerstudio.com are two of the more popular ones. :) Hope that helps.

I recommend going for GC as they offer better UV stock quality and PS prices up are crazy!x// and same goes for MPC!x// so now we are out of good POD!x///
btw with POD you can always drop borders and go for bridge size!?!:))
and you can keep that title part and do same with minors like you did this fool card?:)
it looks beautiful!^^:))

Southerngem65

I love your deck

I have your deck and LOVE it. It so vibrant and accessible. In my opinion, I think you should go with a darker border. Think of each card as a little work of art (which it totally is). How do you want that art framed so that the art stands out and the eye naturally goes to the important information that exists within. It does not have to be black - just darker (it also does not show dirt as bad when they are a little used).

I also agree that adding the titles to the courts and majors would be helpful.

I would encourage you to try crowd funding rather than game crafter or printers studio. You will have more options with card size and card stock quality. You get the money you need before you do the work. You can get really creative with extras to help you reach your goal. I love funding indy decks this way. I feel like I am part of the creative process (much like what you have done here) and I love getting the update e-mails.

These, of course, are just my opinions. No mater what you decide you can count on me to buy one of your decks.

Hannafate

My previous experience with crowdfunding has not been positive. I think I'll stick to the old fashioned route of making things, then selling them.

MissNine

I think the purple corners are just the background that he card is lying on for the photo.
I am hoping that is the case. I posted the suggestion in hopes the creator would respond to confirm that. Hannafate, can you confirm that for us?
Thank you!

Hannafate

The corners are rounded.