New TdM II, from Rio IIIIto, Tarot de Marsella Robledo

eltarot78

I think it appropriate to add, that the weight of 22 transparent cards does not affect the cost of shipping, the shipping cost remaining at the same price,

KhonsuMes

Signing up for this group, if there is a spot!

Even though I was just in the last one....

Bluefeet

Thank you, KhonsuMes! List updated. :)

~~Sign-up List~~ Two slots open

-ladybird, TdM II x1
-gregory, TdM II x1
-auntie, TdM II x1
-Rivermeg, TdM II x1
-Vertumnus, TdM II x1
-KhonsuMes, TdM II X1

ladybird

Well, now that there are two slots left, let's bump this thread into a discussion, shall we? })

How are people using their plastic geometric cards? Is this a tool to compare with other decks or do you use it within the TdM Robledo? Are you looking for a Golden Ratio of sorts? It's such a unique tool. Is this the first to come in a pack of cards?

eltarot78

Hi Ladybird,

The template is likely to coincide with some of the same size deck.

This template is calibrated to the 3rd edition, the 2nd edition for the image is slightly larger, so I sent it in PM to people who requested it, I had not included in the 2nd edition.

to find this template, you will see that the bounding rectangle of cards is divided into 8 rectangles, which form three square, square land, man square and square sky.(Jodorowsky)

0098fb31-8467-4321-9b49-4c3e1321d9ce.jpg

look at cards slowly, inch by inch, detail by detail , scan them from left to right from the bottom to up, and then top to bottom,

this is the best they can do panning cards to beginen to know that the objects are, they are oriented, etc .......

You could look as that is a prism or a magnifying glass,

the distribution of objects in TdM is quite regular with order and repeats very often from author to author, basically this template would serve you for any deck whose figures follow a consistent lines and proportions in relation to the number of Gold, (Fibonacci sequence)
or you can view the harmonica, or where there is disharmony, etc.......

ladybird

Thanks Pablo for sharing all of this with us!

Don't know if you're familiar with the geometry used in the TdM, but it provides a system of visual balance and symbolism to help communicate the meanings of the cards. I learned about this from Fred Getting's The Book of Tarot (still available on Amazon). That book really helped me better understand TdM geometry and it makes card study very fun, especially with this helpful transparency card and the Robledo TdM.

I wasn't familiar with historical TdM's using the Golden Ratio/Mean. I know it was used by many artist's but didn't consider the deck artists. Makes sense! I'll have to take a look at your book recommendation, agviz. Thank you.

ladybird

Hi Ladybird,

This template is calibrated to the 3rd edition, the 2nd edition for the image is slightly larger, so I sent it in PM to people who requested it, I had not included in the 2nd edition.

Sorry, Pablo, are you saying that the 3rd edition card size is smaller than the 2nd or that the images themselves are but have a bigger border? What is the size of the deck?

I'm looking forward to using this transparency geometric card!

eltarot78

Hi Ladybird, the size of the card is the same, the size of the images has been slightly reduced within the same card, thus leaving a little more margin the difference is barely perceptible.

here's a picture where you can see the 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition from left to right, where you see the differences

c74a3c1b-5823-48ac-b64b-301235bf487c.jpg

agviz

...I'll have to take a look at your book recommendation, agviz. Thank you.

Just wanted to add that the geometry examples in these books are slightly different from Pablo's template card, but the books probably make a good study for any Marseille deck. The Wilfried Houdouin book, Sacred Code of the Tarot is currently in French... which I unfortunately don't understand, so all I can do is look at the pretty pictures. Fred Getting's The Book of Tarot is an older book, but I find it a great read. It visually dissects the major arcana and shows hidden geometry in the image and what it's supposed to mean. From an artist's perspective, I find this stuff fascinating.

eltarot78

More templates, Only for geek, very geek, fans of TdM, and people very studious

other additional and optional tool, this is not included with the deck, that may be of interest, the 22 cards only of TdMII Robledo 3rd edition, on clear acetate, only the lines, the naked soul of cards

to investigate with the other cards on the cards, their interrelationships, sizes of objects, etc.

the price is of u$s 21

The 22 transparent cards does not affect the cost of shipping due to its weight, the shipping cost remaining at the same price,

transparentecopia.jpg

transparentecopia2.jpg