Gilded tarot -- the empress

Mystic Nurse

I also feel she is looking at the venus symbol she is holding with compassion and love. I get the overall impression of lushness in her dress and her shape. The zodiac signs=all live revolves around her. She is immersed in these/this life, not standing apart - in front like the Emperor.

The laurel leaves on the emperor, he's more into intellect. Where she's more from the heart and feelings. His expression is somewhat confident and aloof. Sort of the feeling of being dictatorial. Of course, she would listen and offer heartfelt and compassionate advice.

Just my overall feeling...

veniteangeli

The Empress has that real womanly "hourglass" figure everyone's always talking about. I would call those good "childbearing" hips! Ha. In the book that came with this deck, it said her colors were chosen carefully to reflect all four elements - the red of her hair and belt are fire, the green of her cloak for earth, the gold in her dress for water (Gilded Water is represented by gold, right?) and of course the blue of the air she seems to float on.

This REALLY puts me in mind of a mother, a mother of four very different children who might not always get along, but whom she loves equally and finds ways to show it, every day. She divides her time equally among all of them.

The Venus symbol is obviously a sign of femininity, and she, like the Fool, is surrounded by the symbols of the astrological signs (whereas the Emperor is surrounded by the same signs, but this time in the recognizable pictures for each sign).