An Animal Tarot Deck - black and white fantasy

gregory

But if it is AUTOMATED,there should be no problem, if you see what I mean.

cardlady22

It just goes to show their programmers are _______ :mad:
Or maybe their (USPS) lack of customer support for businesses trying to work through the changes.

And look . . . now they're doing "regional" rating on the priority supplies
https://www.usps.com/business/priority-mail-regional-rate.htm

But, we're going far off topic.

Saffi

Urgh, postage from thegamecrafter is horrible. I currently don't have the finances to support buying decks in bulk and selling them on. When I got my own deck, I hadn't put a small card box in the set so it came in an absolutely gigantic game crafter box, which probably contributed to the insane postage prices.

If only there was some easy to use print on demand service in Europe...

vanity

I ordered mine probably a week and a half back, but it should be arriving later today. Will update on it. :3

Saffi

Oh hey! :) nice to see you here.

Eeerk if you're getting them today then Mea has probably already got hers. Hmm. I hope she likes them.

vanity

Okay yeah, they were by my door lol.

Anyway the cardstock is alright - not the best for the kind of shuffling one would use on playing cards. This cardstock reminds me of uno cards, and I just tried it out, they're pretty much the same.

Otherwise the art is exquisite. I definitely prefer the B&W to color, since if there was color, the reader/querent may be too focused on that instead of the details of each card. And you're definitely seeing every kind of animal there is with the deck instead of being the generic (cat/bat/dog). With this, you get tortoises, ferrets, sharks, and even a few insects like mosquitoes. I'm very pleased with how the images turned out and how well each animal helps interpret the overall meaning to the card as well.

Saffi

Aahhh thanks so much! Haha I don't know about "every animal there is"; I keep seeing random animals mentioned and I'm like, "Oh no I didn't use any cows or sheep or swans or woodpeckers! Damn."

cardlady22

I love the deck! My order arrived this weekend.

But a quick question: has anyone else received an incomplete deck? One of mine is missing two cards: Four of Cups, Knight of Cups
Did they have to do a reprint of the whole thing to correct?

vanity

nope. Just just counted my whole deck, everything is there. :?

Saffi

cardlady22: I checked my deck when it arrived and I definitely had everything. You'd better complain to thegamecrafter about that; that's incredibly annoying. :(

(In case you missed or mistook the cards, the four of cups should be a scallop-like shell and the Knight is a flying fish.)