The Transparent Tarot

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks jackdaw! There was no other way this was ever going to work, unless I went for majors only. It still stands to be quite a challenge!

jackdaw* said:
But I don't think this would be a deck that a 1-card reading will do justice to! :p

Well, yes, very true! But there are thousands of other decks for that :)

Many Blessings,

Em x

Cocobird55

What a wonderful idea -- I love it!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you, cocobird 55! :)

Blessings,

Em

xx

dandelion

This is really something Sidhe-Ra, it's a pleasure to watch it evolve!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you very much, Dandelion! I shall try to keep up steady progress...

Blessings,

Em xx

AprilFool

I like your combination of the Devil, the Sun and the 2 of Penticles. One quick question: In your image called 2 Pentacles + 15 + 19, the XIX from the Sun Card that was visible in some of your other files has disappeared from this particular view. I can see the XV from the Devil and the 2 from the Penticles; however the XIX is missing. I found that IMMENSELY helpful to see which cards are represented in a layered image, by being able to see the roman numerals for the majors across the top and bottom, along w/ the Arabic numeral for the minor along the left side, so I kind of missed the XIX from that particular layered view.

All in all, I'm thrilled with the results of your efforts. I think this is the most unique tarot deck I have ever seen. The possibilities are endless.

One other question: for the layer of ALL four of the 2 Minors, I am assuming that the four Arabic 2's on the left side are simply on top of each other? I suppose the only way you would KNOW that all four 2 cards are stacked together is to actually LOOK at the images on the pictures themselves, to find wands, cups, swords and penticles? That was easy w/ all of the cards being twos, and being relatively similar, but I guess my question is: what would happen if you tried to stack 2 "2" cards of Penticles and Swords, and then 3 "6" cards, of Swords, Penticles & Wands. It would be quite busy to look for all of those various shapes to figure out which suits were represented, unless you can slightly offset the 2's on the left for each suit (and maybe print them in 4 representative colors), and then slightly offset the 6's for each suit as well.

Does that make any sense?

Deckster

Love this idea

Very lovely, as for whether some images will be awkward, I think that is ok. There are casts that are awkward, backward and unusual and I am going to assume if you are tuned in enough to intuit such a lovely idea from the Universe, these things will work themselves out. Good luck with your journey. I look forward to seeing your completed work.

Inana

This is an amazing idea, reading with this one would be a new concept, interpreting all the cards in one picture... The combination of the cards has a dreamy & calm atmosphere. I love your devil.

MeeWah

Sidhe-Ra: Your new deck sheer creative genius!

Love the transparent idea. The combinations give a whole new meaning to the concept of the layered readings, & result in a 'cosmic' deck.

Please add me to your list.

Shishkeberry

I just love the idea for this deck. I would absolutely buy a copy.