The Cartomancy Study Thread

zhadee

May I ask y'all what are your views of king of :spade: it gets such a bad status just like the king of swords in tarot? (at least what I have seen from people)

If it is not to represent a person... what else could it represent?
hi CB, curious to learn how K:spade: turned out for you?
Was it a virus or a master mind you've met with? =)

CosmicBeing

hi CB, curious to learn how K:spade: turned out for you?
Was it a virus or a master mind you've met with? =)

k :spade: was tied to death. At a family home some pests were caught by a successful trap which lead to a moment of peace for those family members.

CosmicBeing

Might try this spread on myself again. It was interesting and successful.

CosmicBeing

January 18-24th
6:diamond: 6spade Qclub
Full responsibility of finances: good decision: street of gold
Event fated or conflict/lack of cooperation: A devil/temptation
A woman with authority & power:A mother/nurse/wisewoman

A wise woman makes a good decision for a fated event.

January 25-31st
J:diamond: ADiamond 9clubs
Bringer of good/bald news or confusion/anxiety: good news/beautiful girl: Soldier/person in uniform
A message regarding a union: A letter or being careful with your coins
A completion of ideas/plans or progress toward a goal: Reaping or forest

Good news pertaining to a union allows progress toward a goal.
or
Anxiety is dealt with through some written format.

February 1-7
7:club: 4Diamond 3spade
Trouble from opposite sex or feeling confined/opposition: Doubts/worries
Someone in love with you or satisfaction: Stable monetary or dull waiting period
Indecision/troubling news/frustration: A battle, setback, obstacles.

Doubts/worries about someone I am in love with leads to frustration.
or
Doubts/worries about a dull waiting period that feels like a setback.
or
Troubles from the opposite sex with feelings of satisfaction leads to frustration

February 8-14
7:heart: 8Diamond 7Diamond
Challenges in love/relationship, disappointment, unreliable: Hate/fear or enemy
Unexpected money or budgeting: Gossip/idle chat, Exchange of information of little value.
Envy, gossip, Warning about money:Lies, deceit, falsehood

Unreliable chat that is full of lies/deceit
or
Enemy through chat is put together by falsehood/deceit.

February 15-21
K:diamond: 5spade 3heart
Successful business man, shrewd, vain: bank, civil trial, wisdom with money
Change in lifestyle, unexpected surprise, divorce/break-up: illness, corpse
Indecision in affection/love, lack of commitment, obsessive behavior: A wish granted, a full cup.

-no clue yet about this.

3 themes of the months
6:diamond: j:diamond: 7:club: 7:heart: K:diamond:
6:spade: A:diamond: 4:diamond: 8:diamond: 5:spade:
Q:club: 9:club: 3:spade: 7:diamond: 3:heart:

zhadee

Ahoy mateys, long time no see. :D
Testing a new method I found on Taroflexions in the Playing Cards' section:

"Reading 40 cards in the fastest wheeze. Take out 8-10 from your deck. This gives you 40 cards. Lay them down in 4 x 10 rows. Read each row until you come to a club card, which is the full stop to the sentence. No meanings are assigned to the cards: 1 is little, 10 is a lot, expansion to contradiction. Hearts are good will, spades are bad will, diamonds are transacting will, clubs are working will. The mundane intentions to love, to hate, to assign value and to collaborate."

Check for the full manual on Camelia's site. =)

How to come to peace with AZ?

J 2 2 65 K♣ 2♠ 5 Q♣ A
A♣ 7♣ 4 4 7♠ J♣ J 4♣ 3♠ A♠
Q♠ 2♣ Q 3 4♠ 3♣ 7 5♣ K 7
J♠ K A 3 K ♠ 6♠ 5♠ 6♣ Q 6

By starting to be on friendly terms, taking the way of understanding and better judgement. /end of line: K♣
Doing so drains me physically and emotionally. /Q♣
and turns communication into monologues /A♣
Building up a friendly comfortable base gets sabotaged /J♣
There's no compromise and no way getting along with AZ, her anger escalates and becomes destructive / 2♣
An offer from the bosses (Q♦) gets refused /3 ♣
There's heartache - strange how the good will of single heart cards like the 5♥, the J♥ and now the 7♥ gets interrupted by the full stop of Clubs - and jealousy /5♣
A friendly boss gives a bad advice and it takes good counsel to restore the peace in the house which is very likely to be sabotaged by the evil doings of the nasty guys who go the wrong way. /6♣
According to the manual, you don't read the cards after the last full stop (which is the 6♣). If I'm the Q♥, I seem to play not part in this game, however it feels very different to me.
If I'm the Q♦, then the non-existing connection is obvious. I'm then also increasingly stuck in the rut.

It really does not look like things will turn out alright. On the contrary, it appears that two guys in charge will come to an agreement, but both of them don't mean well. The illness will keep existing, there's no end to the quarrel.

I'm not sure if I've read this correctly. It very much looks like the present situation but I also don't know all the details.

zhadee

Work - developments within the next 3 months

J 5 7♣ K 4♠ J♠ 5♠ 7 7 2
3♣ 5 5♣ Q 2J 4♣ 4 3 K♠
2♠ A♠ 2♣ 4 J♣ 6 A♣ 3♠ A 6♣
7♠ A 6♠ K♣ 3 Q Q♠ Q♣ K 6

Same method as above

It's a message on money, enough money to get along. / 7♣
An artist with an uneven temper gets into troubles concerning health and other troubles - these could be my clients. Its my job to make them feel better. And yes, I do love them. There's no other way to get along with them. /3♣
If I'm represented by the Q♥, there'll be an invitation! Some kind of good message! /4♣
And there's my emotional stability going down the drain, an ill-disposed man gets into a conflict with me which puts an end the a conflict / 2♣
Financial stability comes from a business message, that offers steps towards a goal. There's distance and a way, this won't be quick / A♣
But alas... there will be problems concerning money . So perhaps the chance is lost /6♣
This is very likely putting me into a bad bad mood! There'll be trouble at home, me walking away as I cannot get my stuff done. /K♣
Then I'll have to arrange myself with 3 women, none of them comes with a very pleasant character. /Q♣

This looks like a stable situation at work. Things won't change, neither for the better nor the worse. Just hard work, and a promise that comes to nothing. A change is more likely to come from an outside factor, most likely by a change of location.

zhadee

How to come to peace with AZ?

J 2 2 65 K♣ 2♠ 5 Q♣ A
A♣ 7♣ 4 4 7♠ J♣ J 4♣ 3♠ A♠
Q♠ 2♣ Q 3 4♠ 3♣ 7 5♣ K 7
J♠ K A 3 K♠ 6♠ 5♠ 6♣ Q 6

I'm not really happy about this method. I like the 4x9 cards method better. I like the 3 card readings in a GT.
Now looking at the spread... deviding it into right and left. Let's say that AZ is the :spade: Queen, and I'm the :diamond: Queen. If this is a battle,
Q♠ comes with a spade, and the Q comes with a shield.
This couple is surrounded by red cards! Like a ring of fire, or a an illuminated stage. The black Queen pushes her will (
A♣ 7♣ 4) into the outside world (4 7♠ J♣) and fails (J 4♣ 3♠). The line begins and ends with an Ace, it comes to nought. The energy is lost.

Basically, our conflict (
Q♠ 2♣ Q) is an exchange. It is crowned by the (A♣ 7♣ 4) which looks like an attempt of installing a method. The Ace is a beginning, the 7 is the crisis, 4 is the stabilisation. There is some magic power in it, the J:spade: which may symbolise the suppressed anger of hers. She seems to deal with an inner demon. The card beneath Q:diamond: is A:heart: - that's the open cup.
This could be the fertile grounds onto which the demon's power falls. This could also be a reflection. Perhaps I mirror her behaviour, perhaps I reflect her fears, or her weaknesses. It's so much easier to attack it on the outside than to face it inwardly.

Q:diamond: is superficial - that's good. I should be so her attack only goes skindeep and not straight to the core. It still has its impact on me (
3 4♠ 3♣), me feeling confused, under pressure and it's adding up. The solution here (7 5♣ K) is to transform the poison. Because the King is the power to arouse emotions, and it ends well with the 7 lights because it's a red card.

The last line: it's difficult to read. It starts with the
J♠ which is the bad message: K A 3. It's a financial matter and money must win. This one (K♠ 6♠ 5♠) could be a doctor or a lawyer.
6♣ Q 6 is knowledge, study and working towards the truth that will help me to detach myself from the nasty game and tricks.

obeygravity

Is this study group still active? I recently got into cartomancy and this seems like a great way to learn and improve with it!

zhadee

I've updated the linksection in post #2.

Recently, Nemia started a thread on the spanish baraja. Highly enabling. :D
It looks like my two GTs (#175 6 #176) are based on them, though I did not know that they come with a different set of meanings as well, and I happily applied Hedgewytchery's standards. :(
So perhaps these two are now obsolete (or I must reread them with the different meanings).

Alnablus has kindly opened a thread that lists the Meanings of baraja espagnola-based decks of playing cards.
(I cannot enter the thread's link, gives me now a 500 internal server error - find it in post #2)