What Cards Have You Had For Certain Events?

Marsy

4 of cups No longer being interested in romantic prospects

9 of cups Great things materializing in many forms.

8 of cups leaving emotional strife in the past and making a fresh start within the relationship.

headincloud

The danger is when comparing others combinations is their definition won't fit for us because the dynamic of the surrounding cards will be different. For example the tower turning up with 5S may well predict a sudden an unexpected split, however the tower with the knight of wands may predict an unexpected lover on the scene which rocks our world and is very welcome. Would it be appropriate to surmise the tower is a negative card? Have you ever seen two identical spreads? I haven't.

Marsy

The danger is when comparing others combinations is their definition won't fit for us because the dynamic of the surrounding cards will be different. For example the tower turning up with 5S may well predict a sudden an unexpected split, however the tower with the knight of wands may predict an unexpected lover on the scene which rocks our world and is very welcome. Would it be appropriate to surmise the tower is a negative card? Have you ever seen two identical spreads? I haven't.

No one is stating that anyone's interpretation is set in stone for whatever card meaning, however what this thread is showing and why it's helpful because there will be situations that are the same experiences someone else has had with the cards and we can share and relate in that aspect.

A few people have revealed how they too have had the same experiences with the cards as which is the whole point of the thread, to come together and discuss experiences with the cards. Those that get it enjoy the thread and others are free to ignore it.

AquaWolf

9 of Pentacles: When I'm going to be picking up the check when eating out

9 of Swords: Impending anxiety attack

The Hierophant: An group project will be assigned at work

Queen of Pentacles: Will finally be getting around to the housework.

Page of Swords: Juicy gossip coming my way

Pages of Cups + The Devil: Will slightly be stalking harmless crush

7 of Swords: Date isn't who you will be/ were expecting.

The Lovers: Soon will have to choose either love em' or leave em'.

4 of Swords: Will get to sleep in!

Queen of Wands: Having too much caffeine and sometimes, breaking of writer's block.

5 of Wands: Eye tag with someone cute, roundabout flirtation. Wands touch but we never actually do! A bit of a tease. Lol

The Hermit: Taking a solo hike

The Lovers + The Hermit + The Sun: Meeting spiritual soulmate.

Enlightenment23

No one is stating that anyone's interpretation is set in stone for whatever card meaning, however what this thread is showing and why it's helpful because there will be situations that are the same experiences someone else has had with the cards and we can share and relate in that aspect.

A few people have revealed how they too have had the same experiences with the cards as which is the whole point of the thread, to come together and discuss experiences with the cards. Those that get it enjoy the thread and others are free to ignore it.

Very, very well said Marsy. Couldn't have said it better myself. This thread is simply a space for people to share their experiences with a particular tarot card or a card combo! Their experience is their own. Some I do identify with, some I don't, but that's the beauty of it. Love this thread :D

Enlightenment23

9 of Pentacles: When I'm going to be picking up the check when eating out

9 of Swords: Impending anxiety attack

The Hierophant: An group project will be assigned at work

Queen of Pentacles: Will finally be getting around to the housework.

Page of Swords: Juicy gossip coming my way

Pages of Cups + The Devil: Will slightly be stalking harmless crush

7 of Swords: Date isn't who you will be/ were expecting.

The Lovers: Soon will have to choose either love em' or leave em'.

4 of Swords: Will get to sleep in!

Queen of Wands: Having too much caffeine and sometimes, breaking of writer's block.

5 of Wands: Eye tag with someone cute, roundabout flirtation. Wands touch but we never actually do! A bit of a tease. Lol

The Hermit: Taking a solo hike

The Lovers + The Hermit + The Sun: Meeting spiritual soulmate.

I can definitely identify with a lot of these. I get the 9 of Swords when my mind puts me in a bad, bad place (awful anxiety attacks). I get the 4 of Swords when I just can't stay awake while I'm trying to do something important ... and finally I doze off. Definitely 5 of Wands with some back and forth flirtation ;)

Thanks for sharing these! :heart:

headincloud

I totally see that, I was pointing out the obvious that's all. If you don't get it feel free to ignore it.

Marsy

I totally see that, I was pointing out the obvious that's all. If you don't get it feel free to ignore it.

No need to state the obvious but since you continue to stick around, how about you share your favorite card meanings/combos?

geoxena

Well, unless you've got a bad case of memory loss lol, it's quite easy for most of us to remember the card pulls if they're significant enough.
Really? Most of you?

Hmmm, I don't think there's anything wrong with me for not remembering specific cards. When I do a reading for myself, I think about and meditate on the message, let it sink in, and then I move on. For me, the message is the most important part, not the cards themselves, because they will mean something completely different in another reading, on a different day, in combination with different cards. So, for example, instead of thinking to myself something like, "I pulled the Queen of Whatever, so I should keep in mind such and such..." I will think, "Remember, I have what it takes to deal with this" (whatever the issue is). I don't remember what cards told me that. KWIM?
Otherwise, if you don't keep some sort of bank of how the cards have corresponded to your life events, how can your tarot knowledge grow? :)
Oh, I see. It's about studying the cards, then?

For me, the cards only "correspond to my life" in that moment I am reading them. Then the moment is over and there's a new moment to live in. I strive to always be present each moment, so I don't memorize the cards. Nor do I memorize the traditional or generally agreed-upon meanings of the symbolism. I read intuitively, so I don't think about "growing my knowledge of tarot." I guess that's why I am amazed at how well the participants in this thread remember cards they pulled, but it makes sense if you're keeping track and writing down your readings. I just couldn't do that; it would feel too much like work and would get in the way of my intuition.

Honeysun

The Lovers - cheating and leaving one for another

2 of Cups + 3 of Cups - becoming best friends, very good friendship

Ace of Wands + 3 of Cups + Empress - start of menses and sex (I hope it's not too much information :D )

Queen of Cups - yes for a yes/no question. Couple months later I got the item I asked the question about from my cousin.