The Daemon Tarot

gregory

OK great - so here is the place to tell anyone anything you like except link to sales of any kind ! There was a kickstarter campaign - and those may ONLY be linked in advertising.

Mostly I now bow out as I TRY not to get involved with oracles; I have enough trouble with too many tarot decks ! But the images are gorgeous.

I think your publisher messed up there. Do tell them that people who are into this stuff mind what decks are called ! But still.... Oracles can of course be used for divination, so no problem with that. Just tarot is a fairly (I say fairly, as I know someone is going to hit me, and I have a fair idea who...) specific genre.

How many cards are there ? I seem to think 69, but it isn't clear... the page someone has linked mentioned that you illustrate the 69 daemons - is that a card each or are there maybe more ?

Beewitch

OK great - so here is the place to tell anyone anything you like except link to sales of any kind ! There was a kickstarter campaign - and those may ONLY be linked in advertising.

Mostly I now bow out as I TRY not to get involved with oracles; I have enough trouble with too many tarot decks ! But the images are gorgeous.

I think your publisher messed up there. Do tell them that people who are into this stuff mind what decks are called ! But still.... Oracles can of course be used for divination, so no problem with that. Just tarot is a fairly (I say fairly, as I know someone is going to hit me, and I have a fair idea who...) specific genre.

How many cards are there ? I seem to think 69, but it isn't clear... the page someone has linked mentioned that you illustrate the 69 daemons - is that a card each or are there maybe more ?

The Kickstarter campaign is over and done, so I think that's okay. That's how the publisher found the original project, but it's evolved since then, anyway!

The illustrations are not mine! They come from a very old dictionary of demonology and the occult that was published in France in the 1800s (is this link okay? It's to the source material, not the deck:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictionnaire_Infernal). I restored the images and designed the cards (yes, 69 of them), but it wasn't until I started translating and researching the context that the divination aspects of the deck began to emerge.

As for "Tarot" vs "Oracle" -- I'm with you, and my immediate editor is, too, but you really do see quite a bit of the word "Tarot" being used as a sort of shorthand these days to let folks know that a deck is for divination instead of pinocle. I figure that next time I do a project, I'll have a little more weight to throw around for the naming of things...! ^_~

Laura Borealis

Do want! :) I love these illustrations, and the way you framed them - gorgeous and perfect. I like your original title, Cartes Infernales. It's much more in keeping with the spirit.

Do you know what the cardstock will be like?

Beewitch

Do want! :) I love these illustrations, and the way you framed them - gorgeous and perfect. I like your original title, Cartes Infernales. It's much more in keeping with the spirit.

Thank you! Honestly, I kinda felt like the cards were designing themselves half of the time... ^_~

Do you know what the cardstock will be like?

I'm not sure about the specifics. Are you familiar with the Wildwood Tarot? (I don't want to link because I think that's a nono, but) that deck was also released by Sterling, who are publishing my deck, and it's my understanding that the cards (paper) will be similar. I THINK. They haven't gone to print, yet, so I don't want to swear to that and be wrong.

DeToX

What kind of sized LWB are you planning on including with the deck?

Beewitch

What kind of sized LWB are you planning on including with the deck?

I'm still mostly dealing with editing in the manuscript at this point, but the Amazon info from the publisher says it's going to be a 160pp paperback, and that sounds right.

DeToX

Ah ok great thanks. Look forward to seeing the final result. From your video it looks like you've done a great job of restoring the images.

Laura Borealis

Thank you! Honestly, I kinda felt like the cards were designing themselves half of the time... ^_~

I'm not sure about the specifics. Are you familiar with the Wildwood Tarot? (I don't want to link because I think that's a nono, but) that deck was also released by Sterling, who are publishing my deck, and it's my understanding that the cards (paper) will be similar. I THINK. They haven't gone to print, yet, so I don't want to swear to that and be wrong.

I don't have the Wildwood, but that gives me something to go on. Thanks! :)

I'm not super picky about cardstock, as long as it doesn't have a sticky or chemical-stink coating, I'm usually good with it.

DeToX

So can we still expect this to be released in November 2013? How is it going?

Beewitch

So can we still expect this to be released in November 2013? How is it going?

It's going great, thanks! As far as i know, we're still on track for November release. There's not a whole lot new to say about it at this point, I guess, but I have finished restoring all the images and designing the cards!