Intuitive reading vs picture on the card

RainbowPath

Hi,
I'm new here and in the oracle world :) and I'm loving both :)
I'm triyng to do intuitive reading, looking at the picture of the card.
But the are some simbol I don't no the meaning...
Water an moon can be emotions, right?
But there are soo many, clouds, rainbow, bear, etc...
I would like to know if teh is somekind of dicionary were I can lern more about this meanings?
Thank you! :)

GotH

Apart from checking out some dream dictionaries out there, you could take a look at the pictures and ask what YOU feel they mean to you. By continuously doing this, you'll develop your own image dictionary. Not everyone looks at or symbolizes images, like a flying BAT, the same way..

RainbowPath

rubyalison

I've just started reading a book called Psychic Tarot which is supposed to help develop initiative reading skills.

Thoughtful

Just found a website that will help in your journey, it does list Part One 'Using Tarot' and Part Two 'Meanings', which are quite universal for tarot or oracle. It lists quite a few symbols including those you mention.

Just google in....
Aberystwyth University of Tarot and Meditation Society

Hope that helps you :)

danieljuk

some people are not so good at the symbols, other people are but look at the card, explore it. Use your senses, do the colours mean anything to you? how do you feel? some people put themselves in the "card". looking up the symbols you don't understand on dream sites or google really helps. Some oracles have an explanation of the symbols by the author.

When you first look at the card, what jumps out at you the most? for me it's normally one symbol or colour or one part of the card, that is the most important :)