Marseilles Seekers Thread (First Exercise)

Satori

EnriqueEnriquez said:
new exercise:

Lets try to put into practice the ideas expressed in my two first ‘Eye-Rhyme’ essays. Please, place three cards at random on a horizontal row and:

- Try to describe the first experiential feeling the cards elicit in you as soon as you look at them. This doesn’t have to be elaborate. A word, or a few words, will suffice.

- Define if the sequence follows a raising, falling, or steady rhythm.

- Try to detect as many eye rhymes as you can.

Please, report back in this thread.

Best,

EE

Well I had three out and a fourth just burst out of my hand...so I included it.

I have chosen:
VII epees
VI Deniers
X Deniers
As de Coupes

I admit it is easier to read with the Ace at the end.

I see that with 7 Swords and 10 Pentacles there are many gifts being offered, which the Ace sort of bows at me to say, Will you accept this gift? To me the Ace is a question mark and an eye rhyme to the 7 of swords.

The Ace seems to show us what can happen if you accept the gift, that out of that progression can come....this divine sense of holding, of receptivity.

The whole spread seems to be about joy...and the Ace seems to hold it in place for me. Kind of shows what could come of accepting this.

I think the rhythm is steady-rise-steady. The two center cards, the pentacles have a different sound to them than the outer two cards...

~The central sword rhymes with the Ace of Cups.
~The central vines rhyme on the center two cards.
~There are four central deniers on each of the two center cards, they rhyme!
~There are upper and lower deniers on the two center cards and yes, they rhyme.
~Across the bottom of the cards there seems to be a footing or foundation. The two outer edges of the swords, the black areas move into the leaves on the 6, then to the deniers and the blossom on the 10 and finally come to rest as the base of the cup in the As. They rhyme.
~Then at the center line, we start with red in the swords, we move across the two deniers cards with the horizontal vines, then end with the blue fringe in the As. They rhyme, but the syncopation is different....

What does it all mean. I see the rhymes...but I don't know if I know what to do with them!

Also, in the Ace, the ferny flowers and the strong thrusting impulse of the swords, as well as the circular patterns of the deniers, all come home to roost in the Ace. They come together, in a new way, but still you see all the elements, together. And they are not fighting, they are at peace.

frelkins

Noblet:

Fou | Ace Wand rx | 8 Wand

First thought: The reversed Ace blocks the Fou, there's this big log in his path, which prevents him from getting to the 8, which bears a ripe pomegranate, ripe and bursting open with juicy seeds.

The Fou's hands hold sticks -- his walking stick, his stick on his shoulder. The Ace is a big hand holding a big stick! The Fou's top hand is rising, the Fou's walking stick hand is falling, like the Ace's hand. The Fou is looking right at the Ace's hand, it's almost as if the Ace's hand is his walking stick hand, the big stick could be the Fool's own walking stick writ large. So we have a rising, falling, falling, then magnifying rhythm kinda thing.

The end of the Ace is cut at this weird oblique angle and is red, as if it bleeds, drops fall (rise) from it, reversed they look like sperm! The Ace hand comes out of a round halo of gold, it could almost be an egg, very sexual. The Ace sprouts 1 leaf, it's alive and bearing leaves. The "sperm" fertilize the halo and from 1 we get 8, 8 with a nice pomegranate.

The stem of the pomegranate stalk has this same oblique shape and is also red at the cut - this is the Ace wand/stalk bearing life. What is one leaf on the Ace is an entire ripe fruit on the 8. It's physically higher, so this is a rising rhythm. The pomegranate has 4 leaves now as well.

The 8 wands are interwoven like basketwork, and their black ends are curved, which makes me feel as if they spinning. I see a progression to life -- the Fou has 2 dead sticks, he comes and is stopped by a big live stick he can't ignore, then he gets 8 living whirling sticks that have borne fruit.

Hooked on TdM

Hope it's not too late for me to join! I just found this thread. Camoin Deck.

So I did the first exercise.
15th card
I got feelings of fear (more like an unsure fear, than scary fear), anxiety, trepidation, bloom (about meetings?) and shaky.

I counted out the card and it is the 7 Deniers.

I was puzzled. It felt strange. I got that off of a pip? (granted I'm very new to this deck and have a really hard time with the pips.)

So then.. this is what I drew from all that.

The 1st five coins are connected by the blooms but the last 2 are outside of it. This is the meeting. The two coins being outsiders are meeting with the five which causes trepidation, fear and anxiety. The bloom has no roots hence a shaky foundation.

Hooked

Hooked on TdM

I tried the second exercise (after only getting to read one article.)

I got the 3 Coupe Reversed, Le Monde and 7 Deniers.

3 Coupe R, I thought uh-oh and got a bottom of the pit uneasy feeling in my tummy. Le Monde, was more of a whole feeling, peaceful, complete. 7 Deniers was literally an again? Does it like me tonight or something? ha

So.. the first card is falling, the second Rising, and the third either a falling or a steady. Not too sure about that one.

At a glance I felt, it's about being socially isolated caused by self choice, and waking up to the world and exploring that world, trying new experiences.

so.. patterns:

-All three cars have odd numbered groups, 3,5,7 in order!
-All three cards have circles, the cup tops, the worlds halo's and wreath, and the shape of the coins.
-The dark blue on the cup vines stands out with the Angels dark blue robe.
-The yellow on the eagle and lion stand out with the colour of the coins.
-The halos on the top of Le Monde, match the colour of the leaves on the cups.
-The halo of the lion matches in colour (flesh) of the center of the coins flower petals.
- All three coins have a central colour of light blue, the cups vines, the world wreath and the coins vines.

Hooked

Wanted to add, the matching colours coincide with the side of the cards. They match on each correct side of Le Monde.

firecatpickles

EnriqueEnriquez said:
I will be posting my feedback to Frelkins, Kilted Kat and Bernice tomorrow.
I am looking forward to it!

And thank you for doing this master class.

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Lets try to put into practice the ideas expressed in my two first ‘Eye-Rhyme’ essays.
I only see one. Am I missing something?

Bernice

Second Exercise: Noblet (Flornoy)

Three cards:

King Batons - 6 Coins - The Pope

First impression(s):

Forward looking - a balanced feeling.

The eye-thing (haven't read about eye-rhyme- just the exercise directions):

a) I think it's a rising sequence. King has low ground, Pope has high ground.
b) Eye rhymes:
First noticed the all the 'hands'. 2 in the King, 6 in the Pope.
Direction(s): King and Pope facing the same way.
Crosses: 6 in the center of the 6 Coins. 2 in the Pope card.
Implements: King has a staff/baton on left-side, Pope has a croissier(?) on right side (of the card). Seems to me that they are 'framing' the 6 Coins.
Backgrounds: the left side of the background in the Pope card is on the same level as the right side Kings chair/throne - both go out of the card-frame. If you imagine an invisible line from one to the other, it would separate the lower three Coins of the 6 Coins.

Conclusion(s): Still have a balanced feeling about this sequence. From the King, 'leg-work' (beneath the invisible line), will lead to 50% (3 coins), of understanding (two 'students' beneath the line).

With steady (the balanced feeling) application, and paying attention (Popes' instructions), I'll be able to grasp this method. And gain from it (Coins at centre.).

Is this right? Bee

EDITED to add. On re-reading these notes, the number 8 is prominent (hands and crosses) which I feel is also 'balance'. The hands appear to indicate that the application is a to be hands-on, and the crosses imply, effort.

firefrost

Exercise 2

LE PAPE ~ VALET DECOUPES ~ VIIII BASTONS

My first feeling was one of being watched, which is strange because neither Pape not Valet are looking straight at me.

The cards have a steady rhythm –

Although Le Pape has something of a throne behind him, he’s standing. Valet is giving an impression of walking very slowly, so I would say he’s in rhythm with Pape there.
Both have hands and arms rhythmically busy.
VIII joins them in their steadiness, as if creating a block.

Eye rhymes –

Pape and Valet are looking over at each other. Pape may be expecting him, but Valet seems reluctant to join him.
Both have headwear of some of the same colour that extends to their robes
Both cards have hands to the forefront
Green and blue are present in both
The Cup appears to have a grey 3-beaded necklace around it, which matches up to the three red beads close to Pape’s head
All three cards have grey as a body centrepiece
All three cards have predominant red with orange/yellow edging
Pape's grey hair has the same patterning at the VIIII
The Valet wears garters, an orange line similar to the thicker lines in the VIIII.
Pape and VIIII seem to be causing an obstruction, possibly with Valet wondering how to get round it.

I've been ready to post this three times now and then seen something else!

EnriqueEnriquez

Hello all,

Great exercises. I have to go now, and I will be posting more feedback tonight. Just one thing. Since Nina won’t be joining us, Silent Breeze and Hooked on TdM are welcome to work with us. Now we are complete!

Hooked: on the initial: “Marseille Seekers Thread” you will find the first essay that gives a framework to the exercises. It is titled:

“At First Glance: LA LUNE-IUSTICE-LAMOREUX”

The one currently on my site is new. I posted it on Sunday.

I recommend you to copy and paste in your personal files the little essays I will be posting once a week on my site. The idea is to have on my site only the article that correspond to the current week.

Your exercises are great. I am looking forward to comment on each one of them!

Best,

EE

stella01904

First Exercise

Noblet. :D

I picked number 16.
Here are the feelings/impressions:

At first, only heat, but that's external here. Small, free-floating anxiety, probably leftover from the workday. No big deal. Silvery light. Space. Twinge in the right leg. I get an impression of a horizontal bar in front of me at about chest level and I am reminded of those big gates that they have out in the country where people keep cattle.

Card: X Batons

First impression:
Wow, if you turn it sideways, it's kind of like one of those gates!

Further thoughts:
Heat: The starkness of the four leaves - those gates are almost never in the shade. The red and yellow on the card. The way everything radiates out from the red diamond-space in the center.
Anxiety: The Ten is beginning a new cycle after an old one is completed, I guess any beginning would get a person a little wound up. Or: Ten big sticks - uh-oh! :D
Silvery light: the grey-blue on the card.
Space: The openwork between the Batons. The leaves that seem to float there in space.
Twinge in the leg: That leg is sore, anyway, but the point is that I noticed it, right? I'm relating it to the card being a X - by the time you get there, you should have a little wear and tear, right? Upright, the two center Batons seem to support the other eight - the few holding up the many.
The bar/gate: Presents no obstacle. Even when those things are locked, it's easy enough to go over or through them. They are only there to keep cows in.
Just one little effort I have to make.

Looking back at my first impression, it occurred to me that any Baton from II to VIIII would have been reminiscent of a gate, Le Monde would have had a cow on it, any number of cards would have had grass (pasture) - in other words, it may have been purely Expectation Bias.* So I tried again, focused on 21, and felt a lot random tingles, itches, and tickly feelings. In my mind I saw a flower opening. The card was Iugement. I know that when I sleep too long, I feel tingly waking up, because I have been lying too long in the same position. Imagine how these people feel coming out of the graves, LOL! I think the angel might have manifested like a flower, just kind of bloomed up there in the sky. The people were "planted" as well, lol. Even though the deck expresses the european ideas, this card reminds me of those Pure Land stories where a person is reborn in a closed lotus that opens under the radiance of the Buddha. This exercise was definitely interesting. Thanks!!!!

*For an explanation of Expectation Bias:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/23.php
"I find the Law of Fives to be more and more manifest the harder I look."

SilentBreeze

exercise 2 (Noblet)

5 Swords
10 cups
Ace cups

The ace reminds me of a celebration, like a centerpiece at a table.
The 10 reminds me of something spilling over by accident and everyone trying to clean it up.
The 5 reminds me of a contest one where someone is throwing an swords at a target.

The rhythm I think rises and then falls again, but I may just be thinking that because of the numbers of the cards.

The cup in the ace rhymes with the sword in the 5, based on the way they are positioned.
The narrow blue part of the cup in the 10 rhymes with the thin blue part on the lines of the 5, the same kind of blue figure is also on the crown of the ace but longer.
The pointy corners on the crown of the ace rhyme with the little pointy designs on the corners of the 5.

(that was kind of hard to describe, hope its understandable)